HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RobinBennett, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 08, 2007, 03:50 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,373 Posts
Discussion
Stuff I've done in the last couple of years

It all started here, with my Slow Stick and the local park.
This was after I converted it to Ailerons.

About a month later I upgraded to a SuperFlea

After I joined CADMAC I started buildnig foamies. Here's my Insulator

And a rather dodgy, overweight F14

A more conventional plane, experimenting with off-cuts of blue foam

Winter 2004
A rather fragile depron ultimate biplane, for indoor flying

My first attempt at a sub-ounce micro plane for the Micro forum Christmas competition.

A rather better, lighter biplane, also for indoor flying.

A depron VTO/IFO - capable of very slow flight, ideal for the small hall the club uses.

Mostly I flew a 3DX at the indoor sessions. It flew very nicely but needed a new nose every few months...

I build this to learn to hover in my garage - and broke a lot of props in the process.

Then I discovered EPP, this was made from some black stuff, before I sourced the good stuff. I never got the all-moving tail working properly.

I even tried a HydroFoam, although there's no water at my field...

Depron Dave's profile F15, in EPP - I must try a bigger version of this one day...

My depron seagull - this took a while to get the CG far enough forward, but flew surprisingly well.

Winter 2005 - the indoor season.
An EPP pizzabox - great for small spaces but very limited knife-edge ability

A more conventional design

My first flying wing - 28", cdrom power

A ToonRacer for the Christmas 2005 micro competion

My christmas present - a Falcon Wannabe with a larger tail - a great little plane, but no 3D flier!

Another attempt at an F14

My SuperFlea gets a new lease of life with a CDROM motor

A HarpyCat

My slowstick converted to a glider (hot wire cut EPS wing, covered in packing tape)

cdrom powered mini racer

A 40" EPP 3D plane

GWS spitfire (must get a better photo!)

A 28" mini 3D plane, a great indoor flyer

A 40" EPP Zagnutz, originally build as a buddy-box trainer, but turned into my faithful, any weather

The Zagnutz as my night flying plane, with glow wire.

Winter 2006
A hovercraft - great on a gym floor!

My Falcon gear went into an 18" biplane

A wing I build for a club mate, the colours look great in the air - I must do one for myself!

DR. H. of Superfly sent me a free plane so I could try this rudder mod - it was great - far more control at really low speeds.

A ComBAT - an indoor machine that isn't afraid to crash, and can take off inverted.

My HoneyBee FP attempting to fly inverted. This wasn't a success but the HBFP is a lovely machine and taught me to fly helis.

Aerial photography from an EasyStar

My Compy300 micro heli

Vectored thrust MIG29
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Last edited by RobinBennett; Feb 10, 2008 at 02:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts