HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2001, 11:30 PM
Minnesota
Joined Dec 2000
258 Posts
Picalo help needed with triming...I think

I bought one ready to go for cheap. Added my Rx and battery and was RTF in 5 minutes. I've never flown a Heli before. It seemed squirely and liked to dive in one direction or another. I went to low rates and it seemed to be better in some ways and worse in others. Do I need to have a pro check it out or is Heli flight realy, realy hard?
mrtim is offline Find More Posts by mrtim
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2001, 01:49 AM
jk
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,281 Posts
sounds like you're doing pretty well for just starting out. they are really, really hard to fly, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be surprised how well they can fly. just keep at it, and maybe get/make some training gear for it (carbon rods & ping pong balls). part of the trick to flying one is to constantly stay ahead of it and try to anticipate where it's going and quickly make very small cyclic commands. if you find yourself making large ones, it's ususally too late.

2 cents...

johnk
jk is offline Find More Posts by jk