HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2007, 09:22 PM
Electronics Engineer
Australia, VIC, Cheltenham
Joined Mar 2007
48 Posts
Discussion
Flying Fox Local Melbourne support group

Zik, Don't forget if you need any local helpers for testing, equipment, construction or baggage handlers! just PM or post.
Aeroflot is offline Find More Posts by Aeroflot
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2007, 09:51 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
61 Posts
I'll second that, post November 6th I'm a free man!
vector_vortex is offline Find More Posts by vector_vortex
Old Oct 07, 2007, 10:03 PM
zik
Autopilot guy
Australia, VIC, Kew
Joined Oct 2006
326 Posts
Thanks guys!

Once I've got some working autopilots maybe we should get together and have a bit of a UAV meet? It'd be cool to see a few Flying Foxes up the in air. Maybe we could run some multi-plane missions?
zik is offline Find More Posts by zik
Old Oct 07, 2007, 10:45 PM
Electronics Engineer
Australia, VIC, Cheltenham
Joined Mar 2007
48 Posts
Zik
I didnít mean to so bold in starting a new thread however it's might be a good idea to get together a Standard kit of parts and software setup. I get the feeling you are about to elevate the level of open source APís. The one thing I always remember about the paparazzi AP was it seemed disorganized so lots of enthusiasts were attracted to other projects due to combined HW/SW complications, for Fly Fox to be successful a standard tested setup would be great for dummies like me. So if we can help you get to that point better for us and all. Hey maybe plan on going to the next Australian UAV challenge we could have our own squad, that would be fun!
Aeroflot is offline Find More Posts by Aeroflot
Old Oct 07, 2007, 11:36 PM
zik
Autopilot guy
Australia, VIC, Kew
Joined Oct 2006
326 Posts
Yeah I totally agree. I'm hoping to be able to offer complete kits which hobbyists can just plug in to their existing airframe. Even better would be if someone would offer a suitable UAV airframe so people could just buy the two items and get running quickly.

On the Outback Challenge - sign me up! It sounds like it was great fun this year and I reckon we could put in a good competitive showing. Besides, that dummy in the bush hat still needs saving
zik is offline Find More Posts by zik
Old Oct 10, 2007, 11:59 AM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,781 Posts
I used to live in Ivanhoe, Jellicoe Road to be precise.

Will cheer from the sidelines!!!

Good luck with it all looks very interesting, even if I don't understand most of it.

G
Gary Mortimer is online now Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer