HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Anthony Hand, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 06:48 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,189 Posts
After emailing Mr Hand asking why they had an 800# listed that hasn't been answered in 4 years, I see the 800 # is now being answered.
Doesn't connect you to a HK person, just directs you to use the Live Support option on their web site.
Better than a number that doesn't answer..................
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2012, 06:59 PM
BRUTUS2238
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity). It is temporarily hidden while BRUTUS2238 edits it.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:32 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Hand View Post
Our new toll-free USA support number;
1-800-607-5803

For other countries, please click here:
http://www.hobbycity.com/UNITEDHOBBI..._contactUs.asp
This phone number doesn't work. I tried it.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Aug 11, 2012 at 02:27 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:25 PM
Joined Aug 2011
122 Posts
I can't figure out hobbyking. Every time I purchase, they request something crazy. Two weeks after the order, I write to find out status, and even though the money was permanently withdrawn from my account one week earlier they want my credit card image. Then 2-3 days later after I scan and e-mail image; the only chat response is they still want the image. Chat line conversations make no logical sense, they go on about sending image again, wait another 48 hours, send the payment AGAIN via paypal, then they'll delete order, and ship. Ten minutes on waiting chat for response each time. I've traveled to HK and through-out mainland China, from San Francisco it only takes 10 hrs and you can catch a flight anytime. I am up to 15 emails and one hour in chat conversations, something doesn't make sense. Advice: never pay VISA; use paypal, I think they can manage it better. Also you are SOL if you use po box for billing and home address for shipping. I also don't think refunds on lost orders are possible.
claytucker2 is offline Find More Posts by claytucker2
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:07 AM
Joined Mar 2013
31 Posts
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Hand View Post
Our new toll-free USA support number;
1-800-607-5803

For other countries, please click here:
http://www.hobbycity.com/UNITEDHOBBI..._contactUs.asp
I don't know how you got this but, I couldn't get the 24hr online help to give me this number... thank you very much
WingzNutz is offline Find More Posts by WingzNutz
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:09 AM
Joined Mar 2013
31 Posts
Yeah, There customer service Sucks Ass Bad... but I guess thats the price you have to pay if you want inexpensive hobby parts... I have yet to find anyone close to their prices. If anyone knows of someone please fill me in... I hate Hobby King... but damn those prices
WingzNutz is offline Find More Posts by WingzNutz
Old Apr 04, 2013, 12:58 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
this number does nothing, there's no answer its a joke.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:50 PM
Joined Apr 2013
3 Posts
Well it looks like HK service and support is non existent. And after trying many times to get an answer with no help from HK ill try posting here and see if Mr, Hand actually gives a sh*t or not since he seams to be the moderator of this forum.
here is a quote in a nut shell for an issue i am having with hobbyking....

"...What is the problem? Why can I not get a response or answer to this issue???? I have spent hundreds of dollars to upgrade my Sig Hog to electric...a plane that took months to build. And now I cant fly it because I cant charge the battery due to the fact YOU WONT TELL ME IF I CAN BUY NEW LEADS FOR THE CHARGER!!!! I have written you several times and only received one response... I have contacted live online support only to sit and wait 20 minutes for them to respond and still NOTHING! I Update my requests and I am trying to be patient but at 19 days for only 1 response from you is totally unacceptable. Here is a copy of one of the email I have sent you...

" I'm sorry but that will not work. Maybe I was not clear... the eco 6-10 charger comes with about 6 separate leads... these 4inch electrical cords have a connector for the charger on one end and a connector to a battery on the other. I am missing some of these electrical leads. I need a replacement pack of them from the manufacturer of the charger. Otherwise the charger is useless to me because I can not connect it to the battery I need to charge. Where can I get a replacement set of these? Or can I get the contact information of the manufacturer so I may call them myself and get them directly. If you can not help then please escalate this to tier 3 support please..."

At this point I am ready to trash the charger and shop with Tower hobbies since you cant even respond to these "requests"

simple question:
CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT SET OF CONNECTORS OR NOT???

simple solution:
Open a box and send me a replacement set... I will be happy to buy them If I can just get a simple RESPONSE..

I would also ask if any one knows how I may get replacement set of the connectors please let me know.
Thanks much
Titansteel is offline Find More Posts by Titansteel
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:53 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansteel View Post
Well it looks like HK service and support is non existent. And after trying many times to get an answer with no help from HK ill try posting here and see if Mr, Hand actually gives a sh*t or not since he seams to be the moderator of this forum.
here is a quote in a nut shell for an issue i am having with hobbyking....

"...What is the problem? Why can I not get a response or answer to this issue???? I have spent hundreds of dollars to upgrade my Sig Hog to electric...a plane that took months to build. And now I cant fly it because I cant charge the battery due to the fact YOU WONT TELL ME IF I CAN BUY NEW LEADS FOR THE CHARGER!!!! I have written you several times and only received one response... I have contacted live online support only to sit and wait 20 minutes for them to respond and still NOTHING! I Update my requests and I am trying to be patient but at 19 days for only 1 response from you is totally unacceptable. Here is a copy of one of the email I have sent you...

" I'm sorry but that will not work. Maybe I was not clear... the eco 6-10 charger comes with about 6 separate leads... these 4inch electrical cords have a connector for the charger on one end and a connector to a battery on the other. I am missing some of these electrical leads. I need a replacement pack of them from the manufacturer of the charger. Otherwise the charger is useless to me because I can not connect it to the battery I need to charge. Where can I get a replacement set of these? Or can I get the contact information of the manufacturer so I may call them myself and get them directly. If you can not help then please escalate this to tier 3 support please..."

At this point I am ready to trash the charger and shop with Tower hobbies since you cant even respond to these "requests"

simple question:
CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT SET OF CONNECTORS OR NOT???

simple solution:
Open a box and send me a replacement set... I will be happy to buy them If I can just get a simple RESPONSE..

I would also ask if any one knows how I may get replacement set of the connectors please let me know.
Thanks much

Fist post, and chock full o' information. You do realize you posted in a thread that was opened 5 year ago, and the OP hasn't been here since 2010? There are a bunch of better places to go to get your problem resolved rather than here, but here you are, so let's try to help.

Although it might seem like it's pretty easy to open up a box and pull a part out for you, that's not really realistic. What do they do with the rest of the stuff?

Did you look on their site to see if they sell the item you are looking for? If not, why ask a customer service rep if they would sell it to you? Those folks answer general questions about items, and mostly shipping questions, not specific technical questions. There are tons of threads here for that, and of course on HK's very own site. A simple google of the product you have brings up several threads about the item. Did you try any of them? If not why?

It's not perfectly clear what you are looking for, but I presume it's a charging cord. Would something like this work:

http://www.valuehobby.com/accessorie...g-harness.html

At $5.00, it's a pretty simple one. I've seen others that are more expensive, about $20.00, but they have more things on them.

You might do better making what you need yourself. Or, if you belong to a club check there and someone might have what you need, or can make it for you. All clubs will have guys who are great with virtually every aspect of the hobby.

I don't know that CS is the best route for you at this point. They probably can't help. A local hobby shop may be another option as well.

Hope it works out for ya!

porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Apr 24, 2013, 06:51 PM
Joined Apr 2013
3 Posts
TYVM for responding to the post.
Yes I had seen that the Hand has not been on in a while but I was hoping as the moderator he would still see this. Originally I was looking for Mr. Hand email address but this was all I could find.
Any way lol
I do understand a company will not open a box simply to ship a single part or piece to a customer, but due to the lack of response from HK I was venting hoping to get some reply. Initially I purchased the Eco 6-10 charger from HobbyKing and that is why I was going through them at first to see if I could get their support department to "support" their own product. I had looked on their site and they do not list or show any cables for this charger...unlike Tower Hobbies that does have replacement leads for many of their charger that they sell. The one reply I did receive from HK support team referenced a balancing charging board, not any cables or leads at all. That Is why I was attempting to reiterate my request for the proper cables to them. I have searched the web for the Eco 6-10 charger and most of the links are either reviews, complaints about the charger or HK in general or other vendors selling the charger, which is a HobbyKing item to begin with. That is why I was contacting the HK support line since I had originally purchased it from them to begin with. I was also hoping to maybe get the number to the manufacture of the charger and contact them directly but none are listed in the manual and only Hobbykings name is on all the literature and packaging. And like you mentioned I was thinking to get a replacement I would have to fab one myself instead of relying on the support of HK. I was just hoping to have one direct from the manufacture and not one I would piece together from the local hobby shop. It would have been nice if HK could support their own product line, but alas......that is not to be.
Again thanks much for the response and info.
Best regards
Scott
Titansteel is offline Find More Posts by Titansteel
Old Apr 25, 2013, 09:19 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
This is the one right?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_w_acc_.html

If so take a look at these following links.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...SortOrder=desc

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rge_Leads.html

Between the two of them you should be able to find what you need I would think. Specifically this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...g_harness.html

Another alternative is to get another charger, this one still looks like its in stock and about 40.00. I just got a second charger (another brand) and I love having the ability to charge with more than one, plus I have one of the boards that allows multiple batteries to be charged.

Hope that helps.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Jul 09, 2013, 08:07 AM View Post
pttawfik
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 04:51 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
9,209 Posts
Geez, just ban this guy already...
punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2013, 06:28 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post
Geez, just ban this guy already...
wow, just try reading some of that. Reminds me of the Unabomber manifesto. yikes.
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Jul 11, 2013, 06:34 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
9,209 Posts
Hah! No kidding. I could probably understand it with a dictionary in one hand and shot of tequila in the other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn View Post
wow, just try reading some of that. Reminds me of the Unabomber manifesto. yikes.
punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member