Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Anthony Hand, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:15 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,501 Posts
I ordered from Hobbyking once before and just placed another order. They just send me and e-mail that my order has been posted.

Then they stated that my order may take up to 45 days to arrive.

Now I remember why I did not order from them again. Not even Deal Extreme is that slow. My favorite dealer is Miracle Mart, it never takes longer than 7 days to my door and the shipping cost is the same as Hobbyking.

Another great dealer is Helibuy.com
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:05 AM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
I ordered from Hobbyking once before and just placed another order. They just send me and e-mail that my order has been posted.

Then they stated that my order may take up to 45 days to arrive.

Now I remember why I did not order from them again. Not even Deal Extreme is that slow. My favorite dealer is Miracle Mart, it never takes longer than 7 days to my door and the shipping cost is the same as Hobbyking.

Another great dealer is Helibuy.com
I expect they say 45 days to cover themselves against PayPal claims that can only be filed up 45 days after the order. As per PayPal:
Quote:
You can open a dispute in the Resolution Center to contact a seller directly and resolve a problematic transaction. You have 45 days from the payment date to open a dispute
BatterysIncluded is offline Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:46 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,501 Posts
That may be so but I remember the last time it was a long time coming. That type of statement does discourage one from ordering from them. I am used to fast shipping from suppliers or I go elsewhere.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:47 AM
Ted M
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2007
1,293 Posts
Good News
I now have 54 Hobby City orders under my belt; all paid with PayPal and all have arrived, most in reasonable time. It seems that EMS shipping (usually) gets shipped faster than regular Air Mail but both get here. A couple of my orders had defective or incorrect parts but I RMA'd and got replacements; HC says you have to send the parts back with some form of tracking but that's cost-prohibitive (shipping was more than I paid for the item) so I've always sent stuff back USPS Air and I got acknowledgement that the item was received; it's a chance you take. If you bought a bad LiPO from a US firm, you'd have to ship the bad one back to them at your cost so I see this as fair enough.

Bad News
In March I bought a HK600GT helicopter that has multiple defects / unusable parts. I spent $80 on replacement Align parts (HC didn't have parts available back in March) to get it flying. Despite several emails to cs@hobbyking.com, they seem to be stonewalling me with regards to any form of compensation; I may complain via PayPal as a next step. In this specific instance, HC have gone way down in my estimation as far as customer service is concerned.
Gandalf_Sr is offline Find More Posts by Gandalf_Sr
Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:07 AM
Joined Dec 2004
3 Posts
need status on replacement speed controllers

I have emailed called customer support numerous times for the past four months, Need some help here.

Order # 2001286785

and Order # 2001398147
rudepup is offline Find More Posts by rudepup
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:36 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
In true HobbyKing fashion the number they provide sometimes just rings and rings then hangs up. other times a message in CHINESE will come on, but you can't leave a message. Yes, very very helpful.

Why bother having a 1-800 number.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 03, 2011, 09:14 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
That may be so but I remember the last time it was a long time coming. That type of statement does discourage one from ordering from them. I am used to fast shipping from suppliers or I go elsewhere.
You need to remember that HK dont run the postal service in HK or your country. Also, imagine if they said takes 7 days and it arrived in 10, people would be upset.

Also, saying 45 days cuts back on all the "where is my parcel" email traffic
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer
Old Apr 03, 2011, 11:03 PM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,503 Posts
It is designed to cut back on PayPal claims.
Last edited by BatterysIncluded; Apr 04, 2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old Apr 04, 2011, 09:46 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipoflyer View Post
You need to remember that HK dont run the postal service in HK or your country. Also, imagine if they said takes 7 days and it arrived in 10, people would be upset.

Also, saying 45 days cuts back on all the "where is my parcel" email traffic
Well I like dealing with dealers that state 10 to 14 days, that sounds reasonable. It is strange that some dealers consistantly deliver within that time while others are always way later. Yet the postage and prices average the same. I think myself that most of it is the "handling/packaging" time.

Hobby King used to be really bad for that. Now since they moved to another wharehouse and hired more staff, things have been coming a lot faster when the items are in stock.

I have no beefs with anyone who states 7 days and the item comes in 10 days, that is to be expected at times. I do not think anyone will fault that. If they do they should not order by mail.
Old Apr 04, 2011, 11:10 AM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,503 Posts
I agree, 10 to 14 days in reasonable. It doesn't matter that HK says 45 days. Credit card companies and PayPal will dispute the charge with the vendor and remove the charge from your account if you ordered an item yet did not receive it within a reasonable time. I do wish that customs would let you know via the tracking number if something is being held for inspection before being allowed to continue on it's journey. I'm sure plenty of shipments get held up there.
Old Apr 04, 2011, 01:56 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded View Post
I agree, 10 to 14 days in reasonable. It doesn't matter that HK says 45 days. Credit card companies and PayPal will dispute the charge with the vendor and remove the charge from your account if you ordered an item yet did not receive it within a reasonable time. I do wish that customs would let you know via the tracking number if something is being held for inspection before being allowed to continue on it's journey. I'm sure plenty of shipments get held up there.
That is the difference between USA customs and Canada customs, my orders from Hong Kong never get held up. I usually have tracking numbers and can pretty well tell the day it should arrive at my doorstep.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 09:36 PM
United States, NC, King
Joined Mar 2009
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
In true HobbyKing fashion the number they provide sometimes just rings and rings then hangs up. other times a message in CHINESE will come on, but you can't leave a message. Yes, very very helpful.

Why bother having a 1-800 number.
Discover Card - Peggy Customer Service #1 (0 min 31 sec)
mgrande11 is offline Find More Posts by mgrande11
Old Jun 07, 2011, 10:16 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
The 800 number given at the beginning of this thread is not operational. It will ring until it times out then it will disconnect. So I have to wonder why on earth they would have posted a "Toll Free USA Support Number" that is not operational? Is this some kind of smoke screen to help you feel better?

That is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen. And OBTW mgrande11, that is very cute but it tends to trivialize the deceptive nature of the company in question on this thread.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 08, 2011, 06:20 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpin View Post
The 800 number given at the beginning of this thread is not operational. It will ring until it times out then it will disconnect. So I have to wonder why on earth they would have posted a "Toll Free USA Support Number" that is not operational? Is this some kind of smoke screen to help you feel better?

That is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen. And OBTW mgrande11, that is very cute but it tends to trivialize the deceptive nature of the company in question on this thread.
Am I the only person to have not gotten screwed by Hobby King? You get what you pay for, yes, that's part of the game, but I have had a lot of orders from them and not one was screwed up. Can't say that about a few USA companies. Jim
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Jun 08, 2011, 07:43 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn View Post
Am I the only person to have not gotten screwed by Hobby King? Jim
No...But be prepared for topspin to call you a HK shill now.
I just received my latest order.Took about 1 1/2 weeks to get to the west coast USA.Just like my previous hundred or so orders....

imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby