SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Anthony Hand, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 08, 2009, 10:40 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Kalispell, in the Rocky Mountains
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
I have ordered a few parts from hobby lobby. If you have your manual just enter the # like this

IK*******

Just put "IK" infront of any part number. They had everything except the main rotor shaft, and they said it will be in stock mid July.

shipping takes a week and its like $2.99
That can fly?!? is offline Find More Posts by That can fly?!?
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2009, 11:17 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by That can fly?!?
I have ordered a few parts from hobby lobby. If you have your manual just enter the # like this

IK*******

Just put "IK" infront of any part number. They had everything except the main rotor shaft, and they said it will be in stock mid July.

shipping takes a week and its like $2.99
Not really knocking HL, but if you are ordering a lot of small things, its cheaper and faster to order them from hobbycity.com. My last order was placed on the 4th of July and I received it on the 8th of July. I was notfied that my out of stock product was in stock, I ordered 4 rx, and 10 servos and paid $155 for everything including 4 day shipping w/ tracking.

I am telling you HL can't keep up with that. The next best thing to HobbyCity is the VERY GOOD small operations like lightflightrc.com or allerc.com.

j
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Jul 08, 2009, 11:56 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
I am mostly trying to find aluminum parts. any idea?
Old Jul 09, 2009, 04:27 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,246 Posts
Quote:
I am mostly trying to find aluminum parts. any idea?
If you are looking for parts for your Eco 8, you are far better off ordering from FX Aeromodel. Better parts listing, and cheaper. Jim
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Jul 09, 2009, 07:31 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
FX dosent seem to have anything in stock though...
Old Jul 09, 2009, 09:33 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,246 Posts
Quote:
FX dosent seem to have anything in stock though...
What? I just bought a bunch of stuff two weeks ago. Two tail boom, a feathering shaft and some other stuff. What are you looking for?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:31 PM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
357 Posts
I have been calling your USA support number all day with no answer. I started out at #30 in line for live support and now I am number 8 over 6hours later. I placed an order on the 7th of January, it left on the 13th and has not yet arrived. USPS says that it should have been here by now. How many people are working your live support and the 800 number?

Update:

Now your "online" support is offline. I have been waiting all day only to have them log off. Nice customer service.
Sherlock is offline Find More Posts by Sherlock
Last edited by Sherlock; Jan 19, 2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Update
Old Jan 20, 2010, 08:52 AM
Tampa, FL
Joined Aug 2008
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
I placed an order on the 7th of January, it left on the 13th and has not yet arrived.
I have received every order (10+) I placed with hobbyking. Sometimes it has taken less than 2 weeks, sometimes 4 weeks. I never pay for expedited shipping. Unless you payed for expedited shipping I wouldn't be looking for your package until Feb. There is normally a tracking number available on your hobbyking account page but depending on how the item was shipped it may not be too helpful.
chadr is offline Find More Posts by chadr
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:31 AM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadr View Post
I have received every order (10+) I placed with hobbyking. Sometimes it has taken less than 2 weeks, sometimes 4 weeks. I never pay for expedited shipping. Unless you payed for expedited shipping I wouldn't be looking for your package until Feb. There is normally a tracking number available on your hobbyking account page but depending on how the item was shipped it may not be too helpful.
This is my fourth order and I have paid for the regular shipping. The tracking shows that it left Hong Kong (airmail) on the 13th. I can't imagine it would take over a week for it to fly to the states. Problem is I can't get in touch with anyone there to tell me one way or another.
Sherlock is offline Find More Posts by Sherlock
Old Feb 04, 2010, 11:17 PM
Build, Fly, Crash then Repeat
United States, VA, Yorktown
Joined Oct 2005
533 Posts
I have been trying and trying to reach some one in regards to my order. I have sent emails, phone calls, even keeping the online chat window open NO LUCK.

The problem with my order is it is showing awaiting payment on the order status. I paid via paypal, and I have the confirmation and the money has been taken out my account. I have purchased many times from Hobby King and have never had an issue before. For all I know my order may be proceeded and inbound to me, just the website isn't updating. I would just like to know.

Any ideas??
flydrive rc is offline Find More Posts by flydrive rc
Old Feb 05, 2010, 03:47 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydrive rc View Post
I have been trying and trying to reach some one in regards to my order. I have sent emails, phone calls, even keeping the online chat window open NO LUCK.

The problem with my order is it is showing awaiting payment on the order status. I paid via paypal, and I have the confirmation and the money has been taken out my account. I have purchased many times from Hobby King and have never had an issue before. For all I know my order may be proceeded and inbound to me, just the website isn't updating. I would just like to know.

Any ideas??
CHINESE NEW YEAR
From what I understand, it's that time of year. They really slow down until thats over. Jim
Old Feb 09, 2010, 07:30 PM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,503 Posts
Does hobby king ship over the Chinese new year?
BatterysIncluded is offline Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:58 AM
Tampa, FL
Joined Aug 2008
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded View Post
Does hobby king ship over the Chinese new year?
I ordered something on feb 2 using standard shipping and status shows it cleared customs in the US already. Chinese new year is from Feb 1 - 15 according to wikipedia.
chadr is offline Find More Posts by chadr
Old Feb 20, 2010, 02:10 AM
Tacoma WA
Joined Feb 2008
561 Posts
HK was closed 5 days through the new year. They started processing & shipping on the 17th. There is still a backlog to work through but AFAIK, the have 2 shifts working in shipping.
The chat & phone is working 9am to 5pm HK time but there are a lot of people trying to use both. Some manage to get in, most don't, so even though there is still an email backlog they're trying to get through, email is still probably the best way to get in touch with HK. It will probably remain that way for the next two weeks or so.
They also lost two employees in customer support just before Spring Festival/New Year which didn't help much.
Ron W3FJW is offline Find More Posts by Ron W3FJW
Old Feb 20, 2010, 02:14 AM
Tacoma WA
Joined Feb 2008
561 Posts
There is no tracking beyond Hong Kong Post with regular shipping. It no longer has any priority with USPS once it reaches one of the US sorting/distribution centers. Regular shipping can take up to 4 to 8 weeks last I heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
This is my fourth order and I have paid for the regular shipping. The tracking shows that it left Hong Kong (airmail) on the 13th. I can't imagine it would take over a week for it to fly to the states. Problem is I can't get in touch with anyone there to tell me one way or another.
Ron W3FJW is offline Find More Posts by Ron W3FJW