HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Anthony Hand, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:21 AM
Tri-City park flyer
Kennewick, WA.
Joined May 2004
124 Posts
I just tried calling and got the same "your call could not be completed" message.
I'm trying to figure out why after a week of my order being in "processing" status, now I get this modify item link. Everything was in stock when I ordered, and is still in stock.

This Anthony Hand hasn't been on here since Oct. 8 2007.
Backwing is offline Find More Posts by Backwing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:09 AM
Burner!!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Jun 2005
1,054 Posts
Try here http://myhobbycity.com/
PlaneCrazee is offline Find More Posts by PlaneCrazee
Old Mar 13, 2009, 07:20 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,223 Posts
Well, they got my first and last order too. Paid for on March 1st, said both items were in stock. Checked today and said "paid" (of course) and then "reserved" and then the gibberish below. Warehouse status "not available"?
I finally got talked into ordering something from these people and this is what happens? Go figure. Sticking to companies I know and trust from now on.
Does anyone know what any of this means? Thanks jim

Sale date ORDER ID Total Payment Warehouse status
1/3/2009 ----------- $93.99 Paid Not Available
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Mar 13, 2009, 07:43 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn
Well, they got my first and last order too. Paid for on March 1st, said both items were in stock. Checked today and said "paid" (of course) and then "reserved" and then the gibberish below. Warehouse status "not available"?
I finally got talked into ordering something from these people and this is what happens? Go figure. Sticking to companies I know and trust from now on.
Does anyone know what any of this means? Thanks jim

Sale date ORDER ID Total Payment Warehouse status
1/3/2009 ----------- $93.99 Paid Not Available
Sounds like Greek to me. Hope you used Paypal to pay him, then you can have them refund your money.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Mar 13, 2009, 09:02 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Sounds like Greek to me. Hope you used Paypal to pay him, then you can have them refund your money.
Well,
I paid him them with a cc and they ran it thru paypal. Actually used one of the wifes low limit cards, just in case. What a bunch of bs. Now I sent them an email and it says their email server is down. Wonder if these guys did the el foldo? Sounding kind of ominous.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:14 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,223 Posts
Well,
I just got another email saying there was some kind of problem with my order, and that they were fixing it manually and that my order should ship shortly. We will see.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 06:42 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,358 Posts
Quote:
Well,
I just got another email saying there was some kind of problem with my order, and that they were fixing it manually and that my order should ship shortly. We will see.
Good luck, by the way I did eventually get my order but why all the stupid BS in the mean time.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Mar 28, 2009, 10:43 PM
USA
Joined Feb 2002
1,193 Posts
I just found this forum,, and looks like my experience is not that unusual. They are indeed very polite, IF you can get more than automated response. However,, risk and responsibility are immediately placed on the customer, as if the customer were the one who screwd up! Just bad customer service,, bad bad bad.

Congrats to the folks who have placed umpteen orders with no problems! You should play lotto!

I am reading more and more stories of problems with them. Its just to common a situation.

File a complaint with paypal. It wakes them up real quick!

By the way,, I would suggest ONLY USING PAYPAL WITH THIS VENDOR. I know many folks hate paypal,, but for this business,, paypal is your best friend.

Dont get me wrong. I dont think they are out to rip anybody off. Just use protection, and dont fall in love with the first pretty thing you see on their website... You might have to jump through hoops of fire to get it,, and once you do get it,, it might not be that pretty after all...Just try returning that DOA ESC!
topforce is offline Find More Posts by topforce
Last edited by topforce; Mar 28, 2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 10:49 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,223 Posts
Well let's see. Order placed 2/28, and of course payment was made to them. Contacted them on 3/13 to find out what the heck was going on. They responded that there was some kind of problem with my order. Order supposedly shipped on 3/16. Nothing yet. This is my first , last, and only order with these people. Just too much hassle and too shaky. No thanks. I would rather pay a bit more from a vendor in the states and have a chance at getting my stuff kind of on time.
Old May 09, 2009, 04:21 PM
Joined Sep 2008
671 Posts
I ordered 10 items last month. Yesterday, I got one item, a completely different item from any that I ordered.

My two emails have only received automated replies so far.
aurorae is offline Find More Posts by aurorae
Old Jul 06, 2009, 10:59 PM
Tampa, FL
Joined Aug 2008
223 Posts
not all bad news

I ordered a charger for $120 a couple weeks ago and didn't get the $110 discounted price I thought was shown on the web page. I didn't notice the error until after I paid with paypal. I contacted them a few days later via live chat link on the web site during their business hours and asked how to get the discount. Since the item had not yet shipped he offered to refund my money and allow me to place the order again. The refund was done in less than 24 hours.

I also bought a lipo battery from them in the past when it was out of stock. I received an email when the battery was in stock to notify me of shipment. The battery arrived in less than 2 weeks after that email notice. I live in the US and so far the service is just fine for the low low prices. Shipping cost on heavier items adds up though so its really the lightweight items that make it worthwhile in my opinion.
chadr is offline Find More Posts by chadr
Old Jul 07, 2009, 05:12 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,223 Posts
Quote:
Well let's see. Order placed 2/28, and of course payment was made to them. Contacted them on 3/13 to find out what the heck was going on. They responded that there was some kind of problem with my order. Order supposedly shipped on 3/16. Nothing yet. This is my first , last, and only order with these people. Just too much hassle and too shaky. No thanks. I would rather pay a bit more from a vendor in the states and have a chance at getting my stuff kind of on time.
I really should say that eventually I got what I ordered. Some kind of holiday over there I believe caused the problem. Was a little ticked when I wrote the above post. Actually the batteries I got from them have been working so well, am going to order a few more. Shipping is a b--th though. Jim
Old Jul 07, 2009, 06:06 PM
Joined Sep 2008
671 Posts
Quote:
Some kind of holiday over there I believe caused the problem.
Probably not. Their email support person has that line about slow response due to a holidy in her email signature, and it was on every email I got from her over a 3 month period.

So unless they have holidays every week for 3 months, no.
aurorae is offline Find More Posts by aurorae
Old Jul 07, 2009, 08:47 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,675 Posts
I used the 800 number without issue. You do have to look on the home page, and see if the service is up. I can usually reach someone at 11pm EST. I cancelled my order. Get the replacement code. I ordered again and could not find the place to enter the replacement code. Entered the code and paypal would not accept my payment (i put the replacement code in paypal rather than in the order so it looked like someone was trying to hack my paypal). Called back, got a NEW replacemnt code, paid with credit card via their other service. Order was delivered in 5 days or less. The young lady on the phone was very helpful, and her English was 'good enough'.

Considering the issue was my fault, this is pretty good service. There are always some growing pains when trying something new. Learn the new ways and save some money, or pay more for the old ways and buy from Hobby Lobby.

J
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Jul 07, 2009, 09:21 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,223 Posts
[QUOTE=soholingo]I used the 800 number without issue. You do have to look on the home page, and see if the service is up. I can usually reach someone at 11pm EST. I cancelled my order. Get the replacement code. I ordered again and could not find the place to enter the replacement code. Entered the code and paypal would not accept my payment (i put the replacement code in paypal rather than in the order so it looked like someone was trying to hack my paypal). Called back, got a NEW replacemnt code, paid with credit card via their other service. Order was delivered in 5 days or less. The young lady on the phone was very helpful, and her English was 'good enough'.

Considering the issue was my fault, this is pretty good service. There are always some growing pains when trying something new. Learn the new ways and save some money, or pay more for the old ways and buy from Hobby Lobby.

I'm with you on that concerning Hobbly Lobbly. They used to be just expensive, now they are expensive and have a website that's horrible. They had a heck of a time getting their parts straight for the ECO 8 heli, and now they don't even have pictures anymore? They may as well just list everything in the original German, probably would not be any more difficult. Jim