HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2001, 02:48 PM
Kutztown, PA
Joined Feb 2001
372 Posts
Fort Wayne, IN Electric

Thread,
I am a consultant working in Ft. Wayne, IN for the next few months and I'd like to check out the local electric and/or ePylon racing scene...

Any suggestions? Any local electric clubs and where do they fly?

Dan

dmccoach is offline Find More Posts by dmccoach
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2001, 03:07 PM
Okemos, Michigan
Joined Feb 2001
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dmccoach:
Thread,
I am a consultant working in Ft. Wayne, IN for the next few months and I'd like to check out the local electric and/or ePylon racing scene...

Dan

Try contacting a person at Phils Hobby Shop. They are on Clinton Street or on Lake Avenue near the corner of Anthony. I know there's a club in town, but I am totally stumped to remember what the name of it was.

For solo flights you might be able to go to a large soccer fields near the the north end of IPFW. At last check they don't require parking permits to park on campus. (I've seen kite flyers out on the field. So I'm sure there's plenty of sport flying room.)

Hope that helps.

Crete1 is offline Find More Posts by Crete1
Old May 29, 2001, 04:30 PM
Napoleon, Ohio
Joined Dec 1996
727 Posts
On the 23rd of June there is an electric fly at the training school on 37 north of Coliseum Blvd. Try http://www.skybench.com for more information.

Also http://www.flyingcircuits.org/index.html is a good club to the east of Ft Wayne, actually New Haven. They have quite a few E-flying types.

Keep 'em hummnin'

Ray
Ray Lowinski is offline Find More Posts by Ray Lowinski
Old May 29, 2001, 08:21 PM
Kutztown, PA
Joined Feb 2001
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray Lowinski:
On the 23rd of June there is an electric fly at the training school on 37 north of Coliseum Blvd. Try http://www.skybench.com for more information.

Also http://www.flyingcircuits.org/index.html is a good club to the east of Ft Wayne, actually New Haven. They have quite a few E-flying types.

Keep 'em hummnin'

Ray
Thank you gentlemen... Dan

dmccoach is offline Find More Posts by dmccoach
Old May 29, 2001, 11:55 PM
arlington hts, il
Joined Feb 2000
200 Posts
When your not e-flying, and if you have an interest in full scale warbirds, wander over to the airport and try to find Fort Wayne Air Service. John Dilley has rebuilt warbirds, especially Mustangs, built the original Lear-winged Vnedetta, and I'm guessing he might maintain Dean Cutshall's two-place F-100. You never know aht you might find......
TFey is offline Find More Posts by TFey
Old May 30, 2001, 06:09 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,025 Posts
Ft Wayne is the home of Garrison Aerodrome (sort of), Pat Mattes, the Ezone S400 columnist and Steve Horney, the Ezone Editor, you should have no trouble flying "E" power in Ft Wayne. Here's Pat's email address

pat-ingrid-mattes@juno.com

Azarr
www.azarr.com

Quote:
Originally posted by dmccoach:
Thread,

Dan
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr