Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 05, 2007, 12:18 AM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
Thermalin's Avatar
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,423 Posts
Help!
No Servo Movement (out of production receiver)

This is my last shot...
I have a hitec laser 4, 750mah battery, various hitec servos. Plugging the battery directly to the receiver (7 channel dual conversion no longer in production from hitec - rcd3500? on the label) gives a small movement to the servos as expected.. turning on xmitter gives me nothing when sticks move. Battery in xmitter and recvr batt are charged... .plugged in correctly ... I assume electrical regarding power must be good since power getting to servo evidenced by initial movement..?

I know the crystal is good because plugging it into another hitec reciever, Micro 555 and using the same xmitter works the servos fine.

I'm assuming I have a receiver issue but looking for any last ditch advice.. Anyway I can check it somehow. The recvr was never in a crash though hasn't been used in about a year.

It's out of warranty but have no idea what repair bill would be. I'm ready to put it in a 4 star but can't now...
Mike
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
Last edited by Thermalin; Oct 05, 2007 at 12:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2007, 03:14 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermalin
This is my last shot...
I have a hitec laser 4, 750mah battery, various hitec servos. Plugging the battery directly to the receiver (7 channel dual conversion no longer in production from hitec - rcd3500? on the label) gives a small movement to the servos as expected.. turning on xmitter gives me nothing when sticks move. Battery in xmitter and recvr batt are charged... .plugged in correctly ... I assume electrical regarding power must be good since power getting to servo evidenced by initial movement..? I know the crystal is good because plugging it into another hitec reciever, Micro 555 and using the same xmitter works the servos fine. I'm assuming I have a receiver issue but looking for any last ditch advice.. Anyway I can check it somehow. The recvr was never in a crash though hasn't been used in about a year.
It's out of warranty but have no idea what repair bill would be. I'm ready to put it in a 4 star but can't now... Mike
Is the "faulty" receiver one you have used with the same Laser 4ch TX in the past or is it 2nd hand with perhaps positive in lieu of negative shift?
Positive shift RX will not work with that transmitter. As RX has been siting for awhile, check that no debris has fallen inside and may be shorting two or more of the pins. In need refer direct to Hitec service and repair
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2007, 08:25 AM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
Thermalin's Avatar
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.
Is the "faulty" receiver one you have used with the same Laser 4ch TX in the past or is it 2nd hand with perhaps positive in lieu of negative shift?
Positive shift RX will not work with that transmitter. As RX has been siting for awhile, check that no debris has fallen inside and may be shorting two or more of the pins. In need refer direct to Hitec service and repair
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
This is the receiver that came with the Laser 4 radio.. stored in a sandwich baggy during it's non-use (previoulsy in a sailplane).. no debri, etc noticed. Thanks.. will do.
Mike
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2007, 11:27 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
MikeMayberry's Avatar
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,193 Posts
Try swapping the crystal to with the one in the 555 that you know works to see if possibly that's the problem. If that doesn't work then send it in and let us check it out.

Here's the info if you need to send it in: http://www.hitecrcd.com/Support/service%20form.pdf

Mike.
MikeMayberry is online now Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2007, 03:08 PM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
Thermalin's Avatar
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry
Try swapping the crystal to with the one in the 555 that you know works to see if possibly that's the problem. If that doesn't work then send it in and let us check it out.

Here's the info if you need to send it in: http://www.hitecrcd.com/Support/service%20form.pdf
Mike.
I spoke to hitec and will be sending the xmitter and receiver tomorrow... I swapped the crystal in the recvr in question to the working 555 reciever and that worked. Are you saying use the crystal set from the working system in the questaionable system (move xmitter crystal and 555 recvr crystal of working system into the non-working system?) Since it worked one way (questionable reevier crystal moved to working receiver using the qestionable xmitter as input was valid) I assume its not crystal or xmitter in the questionable system but the recvr itself.
Mike (hmmm I need a map on that one)
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
Last edited by Thermalin; Oct 05, 2007 at 03:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant Servo shorted out... no AP photos today! Bluecor Aerial Photography 7 Aug 03, 2005 04:31 PM
Eclipse problem, end of stick movement yet no servo travel DaveP Hitec/Multiplex USA 2 Jul 22, 2003 01:04 PM
Servo City (no servo) bipeflyer Vendor Talk 4 Nov 12, 2002 08:59 AM
Servo....Get Out !!!! Alan W High Performance 1 Jul 18, 2002 04:14 PM
CEM O5 Cobalts out of production?!?!?! Slope Nut Electric Plane Talk 1 Jun 11, 2002 04:31 PM