Old Oct 05, 2007, 12:12 AM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,423 Posts
Question
No servo movement :o( - crystal is good

This is my last shot...
I have a hitec laser 4, 750mah battery, various hitec servos. Plugging the battery directly to the receiver (8 channel dual conversion no longer in production from hitec) gives a small movement to the servos as expected.. turning on xmitter gives me nothing when sticks move. Battery in xmitter and recvr batt are charged... .plugged in correctly ...

I know the crystal is good because plugging it into another hitec reciever and using the same xmitter works the servos.

I'm assuming I have a receiver issue but looking for any last ditch advice.. Anyway I can check it somehow. The recvr was never in a crash though hasn't been used in about a year.

Mike
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2007, 03:06 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermalin
This is my last shot... I have a hitec laser 4, 750mah battery, various hitec servos. Plugging the battery directly to the receiver (8 channel dual conversion no longer in production from hitec) gives a small movement to the servos as expected.. turning on xmitter gives me nothing when sticks move. Battery in xmitter and recvr batt are charged... .plugged in correctly ... I know the crystal is good because plugging it into another Hitec receiver and using the same xmitter works the servos. I'm assuming I have a receiver issue but looking for any last ditch advice.. Anyway I can check it somehow. The recvr was never in a crash though hasn't been used in about a year. Mike
1. Is the "faulty" receiver one you have used with the same Laser 4ch TX in the past or is it 2nd hand with perhaps positive in lieu of negative shift?
2. The crystal works in "another Hitec receiver", but is it a blue tipped dual conversion crystal or an incompatible green tipped single conversion crystal?
If above do not answer your question, suggest you refer to Hitec service and repair
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Oct 06, 2007, 12:35 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,084 Posts
Mike,
A warning bell just went off in my head (Don't be alarmed, I'm harmless as long as I stay on my medication )
I believe that some of the older Hitec receivers were selectable shift, a jumper plug was used to switch from negative to positive shift.
Check and make sure it is set for negative shift as you're using it with a Hitec transmitter.
Good luck,
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Oct 06, 2007, 03:28 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
9,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermalin
I know the crystal is good because plugging it into another hitec reciever and using the same xmitter works the servos.
Errr....is "another hitec reciever" actually another DUAL CONVERSION Hitec receiver ? If it's single conversion then you have your answer. It ain't gonna work because you have the wrong type of crystal.

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Oct 07, 2007, 10:42 AM
Florida
Joined Aug 2004
3,988 Posts
If it is a dual conversion receiver, there are two crystals involved, only one removeable. That second crystal could be defective.
Rodney is online now Find More Posts by Rodney