10,489 Posts
Cool
Very Cool Air-thunder and rc-tek

looks like rc-tek just teamed up with air-thunder

http://www.rc-tek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105

congratz scott and rc-tek!!!
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Last edited by blade strike; Oct 04, 2007 at 07:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2007, 08:03 PM
=>] Smack 3D Head [<=
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2007
3,120 Posts
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll.. I think RC-TEK is there.

congratz man I can't wait to see what's next!
HeliSmith is offline Find More Posts by HeliSmith
Old Oct 05, 2007, 04:01 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliSmith
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll.. I think RC-TEK is there.

congratz man I can't wait to see what's next!

I do think your right man.. I'm getting a 6s1p air-thunder to test it out compare it to a tp 6s1p
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: GenAce Tattu 25c 22,000mah 6s1p
Old Oct 05, 2007, 04:14 PM
Team RC-TEK
Oegstgeest, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2005
334 Posts
I'm getting mine soon, can't wait.
Extreme3D is offline Find More Posts by Extreme3D
Old Oct 05, 2007, 04:15 PM
Suspended Account
Pasadena, CA
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
I do think your right man.. I'm getting a 6s1p air-thunder to test it out compare it to a tp 6s1p
How much heavier is it Blade Strike and what is the price on ur Airthunder 6s1p?
brovic777 is offline Find More Posts by brovic777
Old Oct 05, 2007, 04:20 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,918 Posts
It's about 150 grams heavier, and the price should be very similar.. I weighed a Kong Power 6s1p a few weeks ago and I think (foggy memory) it came up to 900g vs TP/FP 6s5000's being 740-760g.

-Kyle
arclite5 is offline Find More Posts by arclite5
Old Oct 05, 2007, 04:31 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arclite5
It's about 150 grams heavier, and the price should be very similar.. I weighed a Kong Power 6s1p a few weeks ago and I think (foggy memory) it came up to 900g vs TP/FP 6s5000's being 740-760g.

-Kyle

wrong....

there are 2 size 6s1p airthunder, one is a brick like tp's and the other one is a stick.

here are the sizes and weight:
T45*W60*L152 874g
T30*W47*L310 825g

as you can see from the claims that kong power and AT are the same are just plain false

@brovic
theyare just a bit bigger than the tp's but you dont have to be so carful... and thats good when we are talking packs that are $270 +.

as for price Im still waiting to to hear from scott on the 6s1p price... but I do know that on AT's site, they are $260 or $270
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 05, 2007, 04:32 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
The Air Thunder 6S 5000mA 25C comes in two sizes.

45 x 60 x 152mm - 874g

30 x 47 x 310mm - 825g

The Air Thunder batteries are not the same as Kong Power and there are differences.

Regards,
Scott

EDIT: I guess Blade Strike posted at the same time as I did.. Oh well.
Scott_RC-TEK is offline Find More Posts by Scott_RC-TEK
Old Oct 05, 2007, 04:34 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,489 Posts
yeah I 2nd that scott
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 05, 2007, 05:27 PM
Only electrons, Martha
Outside Philadelphia
Joined Nov 2002
2,019 Posts
So then Kong and AT are definitely not the same? I was led to believe they were.
ShellDude is offline Find More Posts by ShellDude
Old Oct 05, 2007, 05:41 PM
Suspended Account
Pasadena, CA
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellDude
So then Kong and AT are definitely not the same? I was led to believe they were.
Nope, they got two difference guys mixing the chemicals. One sits on the north side of the warehouse, while the other sits on the south side.
brovic777 is offline Find More Posts by brovic777
Old Oct 05, 2007, 06:03 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,489 Posts
Quote:

I think thats what kong wants you to think... kinda want to ride the wave on all the unbiased reviews that airthunder has had

kinda wrong in my mind, but oh well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airthunder.com
Air Thunder--THE Honest Brand You Can Trust

Recently, one of our competitors has been spreading untrue rumor about us, claiming they manufacture our packs and implying we have inferior products. AirThunder hereby dispute any such claims. This particular company is merely a distributor. We do not buy products from them, and they do not own the technology. This particular company is using deceiving business practice and misrepresents themselves as the manufacturer in an attempt to gain unfair advantage against us. We urge consumers and dealers/distributors to practice extreme caution when dealing with an unethical business entity such as them.

Air Thunder reserves the right to take legal action against any false advertisement.
as brovic would say.... BAMMMMmmmmMMM
Site Sponsor
Last edited by blade strike; Oct 05, 2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2007, 06:03 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Quote:
No, they are not the same and you can read a statement reading this serious matter at the Air Thunder web site. I also saw first hand who is making what when I was in Asia last June with John researching this new battery formula so it is what it is.

Kong Power batteries are a good battery and I am sure they will sell well. However, we picked Air Thunder for a reason and we look forward to promoting their line of batteries.

Scott-
Scott_RC-TEK is offline Find More Posts by Scott_RC-TEK
Old Oct 05, 2007, 06:33 PM
Only electrons, Martha
Outside Philadelphia
Joined Nov 2002
2,019 Posts
Some time ago I had a very candid conversation with the owner of Air Thunder and it boiled down to the specifications they provide their Asian cell maker that set them apart from the competition -- at the time Polyquest, TP, and FP.

Years ago FlightPower swore they were unique up to the point it finally came out they were using the same cells as TP and Polyquest -- Enerland.

I noticed in the the Air Thunder announcement, they make no actual claim to manufacturing the individual cells.

If another pack maker provided similar specifications to a cell maker, one can only assume we'd end up with a similar pack.

If that is all that separates Kong Power from Air Thunder, then it doesn't matter how differently the packs are assembled, labeled, and distributed... they'd still be based on the same cell, and just like FP, TP, and Polyquest, the same basic pack.
ShellDude is offline Find More Posts by ShellDude
Old Oct 05, 2007, 07:11 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,489 Posts
Quote:
Some time ago I had a very candid conversation with the owner of Air Thunder and it boiled down to the specifications they provide their Asian cell maker that set them apart from the competition -- at the time Polyquest, TP, and FP.

Years ago FlightPower swore they were unique up to the point it finally came out they were using the same cells as TP and Polyquest -- Enerland.

I noticed in the the Air Thunder announcement, they make no actual claim to manufacturing the individual cells.

If another pack maker provided similar specifications to a cell maker, one can only assume we'd end up with a similar pack.

If that is all that separates Kong Power from Air Thunder, then it doesn't matter how differently the packs are assembled, labeled, and distributed... they'd still be based on the same cell, and just like FP, TP, and Polyquest, the same basic pack.
youre 100% correct now if kong just didnt state facts that are untrue then... there really wouldnt be an issue in my mind

but lets get back on topic...
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread