HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2002, 10:07 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
I can't believe that I'm the only one to enter this fantastic R/C Groups Contest!!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=74234

And I'm not even elegable to win a prize!

Are there no more brave souls devoted to spreading the word of R/C Groups and model airplane flight out there????!!! Come-on folks, drag out your cameras, planes, and get those photos in!!!

Also notice that in my shot the place is obviously open, I'm wearing my ears and hat with pride, plus they didn't want to show the receiding hairline so the lipstick is on my cheeks....unlike my compeditor who is at a location that may be open, doesn't even tuck his shirt in, and the person next to him may be a relitive....

Don
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2002, 10:23 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,154 Posts
UHhhh.. do you get outta yer house enough?
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Dec 02, 2002, 11:46 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bare
UHhhh.. do you get outta yer house enough?
Bare,
THEY only let me out once in a while. But, I take advantage of spreading the R/C flying story every chance I get.... Especially when Shawn comes up with fun contest like this one. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the customers, crew, and management when my daughter and I asked to take a photo in the store and it would be posted on the World Wide Web!!! So quit sitting there reading this on your computer, grap your plane and camera, get out there and spread the word! (Plus the possibly of winning a free shirt. My wife asked me if they had XXXL or not.)
Don
Old Dec 03, 2002, 02:38 AM
Schumacher USA
Tampa FL
Joined Jul 2000
3,038 Posts
Thanks Don,

#1 for being the only person out there (apparently) with the chestnuts to do something FUN....

and #2) for starting this thread (I was going to do the same when I saw it just now)

Alright, Don - I was in a bar at 11pm (obviously open). I'm personally insulted that while cute, Josh the bartender has no family resemblance to me whatsoever. The picture was also taken by an impartial 3rd party who will back up every statement as the truth.

Furthermore, the rules state the writing must be on the forehead (DQ) and the picture must be with an employee (where's her nametag? - DQ)

The point being - the polo may still be up for grabs! (I've been away from e-mail since Wed)

I'm very disappointed in all of you........(except Don - at least he tried)

Shawn
Shawn Palmer is offline Find More Posts by Shawn Palmer
Old Dec 03, 2002, 08:19 AM
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Aug 2002
1,858 Posts
HUH

I tried posting at the URL you gave DON, but it didnt let me post. So here goes. I dont have any Josie and the Pussycat Ears. Could I make them..Also, whats the prize? -Patrick
putt_13 is offline Find More Posts by putt_13
Old Dec 03, 2002, 09:13 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Re: HUH

Quote:
Originally posted by putt_13
I tried posting at the URL you gave DON, but it didnt let me post. So here goes. I dont have any Josie and the Pussycat Ears. Could I make them..Also, whats the prize? -Patrick
Patrick,
E-Mail your photo to Shawn. The link to the rules, his announcement, and stuff work for me. You can't post there though only Shawn and the higher up grand poopaaas can.

Shawn, please accept my personal apologies for the percieved insult. (Even though if you look at both of their bone facial structures there is some resembelence.) My picture cohort has her official company smock and nametag on. Her badge is covered by my boad masculine shoulder protecting her idenity from the web masses. I thought my placing E-Zone across my cheeks gave a larger area to write E-Zone on and for the world to see.... You didn't want it covered by the R/C Groups hat did you????
Old Dec 03, 2002, 09:51 AM
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Aug 2002
1,858 Posts
ears

Hello,
Could I just make a pair of ears, because I really want to be the first to enter, and get the polo, and maybe a cool hat to wear, but I dont have any ears..So can I make some. Thanx Patrick
Old Dec 03, 2002, 12:50 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,408 Posts
Hey, Shawn!

I got to cry 'foul'!

I don't think us non-US people know about 'Josie and the Pussycats'! Are you guys biasing the prizes here?

Ok - what do us 'original Americans' got to do to show you guys that we have a quality history of crazyness in us!

Cheers,
Norman Adlam is offline Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Dec 04, 2002, 08:24 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,826 Posts
if I brought my plane to the pub, all the staff would run away and hide...... and even If I got a pic of it it would be sensoured (again) hehe

/Henke
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Dec 04, 2002, 02:52 PM
Mount Vernon Skagit, Washington, United States
Joined Dec 2001
449 Posts
Contest

Hideho all,

Well, this is my entry, wish me luck.....Yea right
Michael Bogh is offline Find More Posts by Michael Bogh
Old Dec 04, 2002, 05:29 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
For those of you who didn't click on the link, here's another shot. Just remember that if you want to enter the contest, you have to e-mail your photo to Shawn!!! Don't just post it here......E-Mail it to Shawn also!!! This shot shows the alledged missing name badge but you shouldn't be able to read her name and I still feel that my photo is superior to spreading the word better than Mr. SP's is.... I could say I'm better looking too but that would be subjective and I'm confortable with my uglieness.
Don
Old Dec 04, 2002, 05:41 PM
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Aug 2002
1,858 Posts
EARS....

Well, I still dont have any ears. Could I just make a pair, because I want the Hat, and Polo. -P
Old Dec 04, 2002, 06:21 PM
Schumacher USA
Tampa FL
Joined Jul 2000
3,038 Posts
Sure you can make the ears!

Just get a plastic headband kind of thingy, and CA some triangles of fur or something "cat" looking to it, and you have it!

C'Mon guys! Are all 12,600+ of you total weenie geeks?!?

You know, I'm getting ready to give more cool stuff away very soon. I think I'll be keeping it ALL if there aren't at least SOME of you with a sense of adventure!

Shawn
Old Dec 04, 2002, 06:32 PM
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Aug 2002
1,858 Posts
HEY SHAWN,
That my old avatar. Did you get the idea from me? Anyway, I will get my picture to you soon. -Patrick
Old Dec 04, 2002, 06:35 PM
Schumacher USA
Tampa FL
Joined Jul 2000
3,038 Posts
No, I took it off of an e-mail - it's me "doing more"!

look foreward to the pic!

Shawn