HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2007, 09:22 PM
I Always Fly Inverted
United States, NY
Joined Aug 2004
387 Posts
Discussion
Anyone Back Order the New Blade 400??

Just as the title says... Anyone planning on getting the new Blade 400??
Monstermanhbf is offline Find More Posts by Monstermanhbf
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2007, 09:26 PM
Genius or Madness?
The Evergreen State
Joined Jul 2007
873 Posts
I'd get it if I had enough money lol. It looks real nice. I'm curious to know how big it is compared to the Honeybee King 2 or Belt CP.
Necron Xen is offline Find More Posts by Necron Xen
Old Oct 04, 2007, 08:48 AM
Do it upside down
Michigan
Joined Jul 2007
824 Posts
I am thinking about it. I need a computer tx and would like a little bigger heli than my King V2... Looks like a pretty good to me. I am not familiar with e-flight though... I here they are pretty reputable. The DX6i from what I have heard is light years better than the original DX6.

Greg
Jeep_Angler is offline Find More Posts by Jeep_Angler
Old Oct 04, 2007, 09:51 AM
I Always Fly Inverted
United States, NY
Joined Aug 2004
387 Posts
Well it sounds much bigger and better then what I have now and have had so its on my list.. I kinda want to backorder but I really dont want to put money down and not have the thing. It sounds and looks promising though.. Cant wait until its available..
Old Oct 04, 2007, 10:04 AM
Hopelessly hooked
South Carolina USA
Joined Jul 2005
781 Posts
Once they are out, a few reviews are underway and I see parts on the LHS walls...then will I add one to my hanger.
Futura is offline Find More Posts by Futura
Old Oct 04, 2007, 10:06 AM
Too dumb to upload an avatar.
On the LIRR somewhere
Joined Jan 2007
2,405 Posts
I'd consider getting it if there was a kit. I already have a DX6 and that's fine for me. I think I've grown past RTF and would like to get my own electronics.
chrise2 is offline Find More Posts by chrise2
Old Oct 04, 2007, 10:09 AM
NYC, NY
Joined Jul 2007
1,800 Posts
Who has the best pre-order price on this so far?
MrRetro is offline Find More Posts by MrRetro
Old Oct 04, 2007, 10:26 AM
Do it upside down
Michigan
Joined Jul 2007
824 Posts
This is what I got so far... $399.99

http://myrcsupply.net/index.php?main...ducts_id=47784

Greg
Old Oct 04, 2007, 01:55 PM
I Always Fly Inverted
United States, NY
Joined Aug 2004
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Angler
This is what I got so far... $399.99

http://myrcsupply.net/index.php?main...ducts_id=47784

Greg

WOW thanks for sharing that link thats the best price I have seen or found so far!! SWEET...

BTW I would also like to see this come in KIT form that would be nice for a change.. The manf are making all this money on RTF with junk cheap electronics its only now have they started to sell some decent gear with the actual heli, plane, truck, car....
Old Oct 04, 2007, 07:56 PM
...A Better Way to Fly
USA, IL, Palos Heights
Joined Oct 2006
311 Posts
I saw the Blade 400 demo'd at IRCHA. Looks to be a very capable heli! If they had any for sale, I'd have gotten one right then and there. As of now, though, I'd wait for a kit, since I already have a DX7.

Horizon had 2 on dispaly.
Here's the stock one (notice the CP Pro for size comparison)

Here's the fully Blinged version. Carbon fiber mains, tail, fins, paddles, boom. Al metal head and tail. Optional canopy.

Here's the video of the demo. Sorry, the quality is pretty bad.... See those little specs in the air? Those are the Blade 400s. Believe me, they can perform! Looked real good in person...
DriveWRX is offline Find More Posts by DriveWRX
Old Oct 04, 2007, 09:36 PM
I feel the need for speed
St. Petersburg, FL
Joined Feb 2007
1,267 Posts
I got mine on order. Saw the myRCSupply link, but not familiar with them, so I went "direct" to my other favorite online "heli" supplier and they offered to price match, free shipping and all. Why do that? myRCSupply, according to their website, precharges the entire purchase price immediately. Other only took a small deposit and will charge the rest before shipping. Cool, because I just sold my Blade CPP and Axe CP to get the money to pay for it when it arrives. Can't wait!!!
BaracW is offline Find More Posts by BaracW
Old Oct 04, 2007, 10:23 PM
I Always Fly Inverted
United States, NY
Joined Aug 2004
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveWRX
I saw the Blade 400 demo'd at IRCHA. Looks to be a very capable heli! If they had any for sale, I'd have gotten one right then and there. As of now, though, I'd wait for a kit, since I already have a DX7.

Horizon had 2 on dispaly.
Here's the stock one (notice the CP Pro for size comparison)

Here's the fully Blinged version. Carbon fiber mains, tail, fins, paddles, boom. Al metal head and tail. Optional canopy.

Here's the video of the demo. Sorry, the quality is pretty bad.... See those little specs in the air? Those are the Blade 400s. Believe me, they can perform! Looked real good in person...

Ah thanks for the video link and picture comparision!! Sweet Vid I missed that one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaracW
I got mine on order. Saw the myRCSupply link, but not familiar with them, so I went "direct" to my other favorite online "heli" supplier and they offered to price match, free shipping and all. Why do that? myRCSupply, according to their website, precharges the entire purchase price immediately. Other only took a small deposit and will charge the rest before shipping. Cool, because I just sold my Blade CPP and Axe CP to get the money to pay for it when it arrives. Can't wait!!!
So will ya share the website you ordered it from there with free shipping? I'd like to pre-order one now if its not charged until they are in stock.. And free shipping is always a plus
Old Oct 04, 2007, 10:32 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Chriscru2 and chrise2, et aló

E-flite only sells Ready-to-Fly heli's. The Blade 400 is probably a good 400 class helicopter. However, as you are doubtlessly aware, E-flite gets top dollar for heli's and parts. Spares for the Blade 400 will be expensive compared to E-sky and Align.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Oct 04, 2007, 10:38 PM
Pro Bro ozzy
United States, WY, Cheyenne
Joined Aug 2004
525 Posts
I don't know. Shipped and RTF-- with DS75 Servos. If they're anything
like the S75, the blade 400 could be in trouble.
Tim B is offline Find More Posts by Tim B
Old Oct 05, 2007, 07:47 AM
Do it upside down
Michigan
Joined Jul 2007
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B
I don't know. Shipped and RTF-- with DS75 Servos. If they're anything
like the S75, the blade 400 could be in trouble.
Have you had bad experience with these servos? Can you elaborate?

Thanks,
Greg