Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 05, 2008, 01:30 PM
Allen, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
3,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spackles94
Very, very nice video. Extremely well-edited.

Nice flying, too! You really put it to the test, didn't you?
Thanks!

I sure tried to. The Reactor is tons of fun.

Steve
davidsons is offline Find More Posts by davidsons
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2008, 01:35 PM
Allen, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
3,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
Steve, buddy.. That's how a review's supposed to be done man! That rocks.. Thanks for raising the bar!

I gotta know - what kinda camera are you using? I am stuck in the 90's camera technology and need to bump it up me thinks...

Great review man!

Jeff
www.CommonSenseRC.com
Thanks a bunch Jeff!

It's a Sony, not sure what model. I would love to replace it with a HD version.

Thanks again!

Steve
Old Aug 05, 2008, 01:37 PM
Allen, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
3,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-grose
I'm with you guys. Steve's video is top-notch. Very clear and very creative camera angles made it a fun video to watch.

Andy
All thanks on video go to kepople. I edited everything together but all the creativity in shooting came from him. Thanks Kirby!

Steve
Old Aug 05, 2008, 03:45 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,653 Posts
Steve, how do you like the Xoar electric prop? I've been wanting to experiment with other props besides APC... I've heard different things about the e-props from Xoar. Some say it's more thrust for the same amount of amps, some say the thrust is less. What has your experience been?
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2008, 04:26 PM
Allen, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
3,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then
Steve, how do you like the Xoar electric prop? I've been wanting to experiment with other props besides APC... I've heard different things about the e-props from Xoar. Some say it's more thrust for the same amount of amps, some say the thrust is less. What has your experience been?
I've never checked the thrust for the same amount of amps in comparing a Xoar to an APC, only amps. The same size Xoar typically draws less amps than the APC but that does not necessarily mean it's more efficient as it could be producing less thrust. They are lighter in weight. The only negative which is also a positive is that they break easier than APC. Negative b/c you may go through more props using them but the positive is that if it ever strikes somebody, there will most likely be less damage. I would not want to get struck by either but if I had to chose one, it would be the Xoar. I found the Xoar 16x8 to perform the best on the Reactor with the setup I outlined in the review.

Steve
Old Aug 05, 2008, 05:29 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
I've been wanting to try Xoar props as well -- especially for scale models. And, all things considered, I also am a fan of props that break more easily. I'd rather break a prop than a motor mount.

Where do you buy them? It looks like the two "big" distributors don't carry them...
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94
Old Aug 05, 2008, 05:46 PM
Allen, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
3,520 Posts
I buy mine from 3DHobbyShop.com

Steve
Old Aug 05, 2008, 05:51 PM
Aerodynamically challenged
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,178 Posts
Try www.3DHobbyShop.com. They carry most sizes. Just got a 24 x 12 Xoar from them. Used 17 x 10 on my Reactor. No cavitation during hovers/high alpha and a couple of amps less draw on packs too. I hear they're coming out with carbon tipped beechwood e-props soon. Wow! Even better. Xoar listens to their customers and are coming out with more and more props. And you're right, I've had a couple of glow props broken over my fingers, but have a real nice scar from a glitching electric prop. Not that I plan on breaking anymore but it's nice to know they will break on you instead of thru you...
3Deranged is offline Find More Posts by 3Deranged
Old Aug 05, 2008, 05:54 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
I think I just may try a couple of them and see what they're all about! Are they like the "traditional" glow props in the sense that they need to be reamed? That's the one thing I like about APC props -- find your adapter ring and run with it!

Nice to know they're a bit more efficient, too!
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94
Old Aug 05, 2008, 06:11 PM
Allen, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
3,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spackles94
I think I just may try a couple of them and see what they're all about! Are they like the "traditional" glow props in the sense that they need to be reamed? That's the one thing I like about APC props -- find your adapter ring and run with it!

Nice to know they're a bit more efficient, too!
Depends on your particular setup. I had to ream a couple and have had a couple that I did not have to ream.
Old Aug 06, 2008, 04:29 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,978 Posts
Best RCG Review Video Ever!

Awesome video,i especially liked the beginning with the flying synched to the music. It was nice to see a review video that matched up with the ''The Report Card''(a rarity). Very entertaining to watch.. not some two or three minute clip with very little shown of the flying and excess titles and credits. The review itself was very good but the video was the icing on the cake.. it really validates the report card. Nice to see some indaviduality and style in this review.. After a while they all seem the same but this one was consise in text,with nice pics and a awesome video. Really looking forward to your future reviews and videos.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
Old Aug 06, 2008, 10:49 PM
Allen, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
3,520 Posts
Those are some really kind words Real....thanks a bunch!

Steve
Old Aug 06, 2008, 10:55 PM
www.rcroll.com
Joined Jul 2008
33 Posts
oh,a nice job.I like the video.
rcroll is offline Find More Posts by rcroll
Old Aug 07, 2008, 12:31 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,476 Posts
Steve - fantastic job on the review.

Hats off on the video - VERY VERY good - lets not tell Kirby - head is big enough!

Great stuff - Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2008, 09:39 PM
Allen, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
3,520 Posts
Thanks Mike!

Nah, Kirby was surprised I mentioned him in the credits at the end. As you know Mike, the photographer and videographer are very important and deserve the credit they receive.

Thanks again!
Steve