HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:22 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,721 Posts
That's good to know! I will add that to our list.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:22 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,997 Posts
Any word on whether you will support the 14MZ/12FG anytime soon?

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:36 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,721 Posts
We don't know. Most people that really want 12FG spport, they put our module inside of the transmitter. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of interest in this support.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:51 AM
iva
Vancouver Harbour Sp, Canada
Joined Jan 2001
539 Posts
Could MPX Cockpit SX be converted using MPX EVO module? It has been successfully converted using other modules (Assan, FrSky and Corona). The Cockpit is currently on sale in Europe and it is a real bargain for that class of Tx.

Thanks,

Zoran
iva is offline Find More Posts by iva
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:00 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,721 Posts
Yes, you just need a simple 3 wire servo pin --> Universal plug and use our universal module.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:34 PM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,308 Posts
The Evo module might work with the Cockpit SX if the transmitters use the same RF modules. The SX uses the same case and is a later transmitter so they may have used the same RF module.
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:38 AM
iva
Vancouver Harbour Sp, Canada
Joined Jan 2001
539 Posts
The Cockpit SX module is not removable, so it is not interchangeable with Evo module. "Hack" solution is required to convert the SX XXMHz version to 2.4GHz.
iva is offline Find More Posts by iva
Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:59 AM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iva View Post
The Cockpit SX module is not removable, so it is not interchangeable with Evo module. "Hack" solution is required to convert the SX XXMHz version to 2.4GHz.
Interesting. I have owned the Cockpit MM and loved it. In fact, I still have one for my older RES models and really prefer it to the Evo except for the lack of even one free mixer. I have considered converting the Cockpit MM with XPS universal module but it just wasn't worth the trouble.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:02 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,721 Posts
The SX requires that you disable the stock RF module. We converted a couple of them for the guys in Australia. The MM is the one where our board just plugs in via a 3 pin connector.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2011, 02:27 PM
xjh
Joined Dec 2006
212 Posts
Hi, here is the wiring fot the cockpit sx Regards Richard
xjh is offline Find More Posts by xjh
Old Mar 25, 2011, 02:54 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,721 Posts
Thank you for that picture!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:50 PM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
The SX requires that you disable the stock RF module. We converted a couple of them for the guys in Australia. The MM is the one where our board just plugs in via a 3 pin connector.
I didn't realize the MM installation was that simple. Is there more information on your web site? I seldom use my Cockpit MM but might consider converting it to get completely away from 72.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 06:59 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,721 Posts
I don't know if there is info on our site. I do have some install pictures, so at some point we did have some info. I will see if I can dig up some stuff.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:21 PM
xjh
Joined Dec 2006
212 Posts
hi, doing the MM is very similar except you have to remove the RF board to gain access to the plug if you want to hard wire it in. The alternative is to use a DIN plug and again bridge 3 and 5 this time within the plug, not as neat but does allow you to use the installed RF system by simply unplgging the module.
In the SX install one can wire a dpdt switch and turn off the module and restore the original RF system.
If antone wants a diagram and I will dig it up, Richard
xjh is offline Find More Posts by xjh
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:32 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,721 Posts
Cockpit MM install

Here are the pics of the Cockpit MM installation. You remove the stock RF module and use a short cable with our 1.25mm Molex connector on one end, and a standard servo connector on the other.

The stock antenna is also removed and our antenna assembly installed. Makes for a VERY clean installation that can be easily changed back to stock if you want.

Note: crystal removed!
RCG Plus Member