HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2007, 08:04 PM
Joined Aug 2007
11 Posts
Help!
Can't get my T-Rex 450SE up in the air...running a DX6-Tx and AR6000 Rx

Hi. I have a T-Rex 450SE and i'm trying to get the bird off the ground. I have a DX6 Tx and a AR6000 Rx. I have put the bird up to full throttle and it wouldn't take off...any suggestions ...maybe you can give me the setup that you have and I can try that (pitch settings etc.).

Also, I reverse the servos for the aileron and it reverses just about everything. I would expect the left/right aileron controls would reverse, but it seems like all the servos go nutz when I do...Any suggestions?

Thanks
-Steve
schne564 is offline Find More Posts by schne564
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2007, 08:09 PM
Heli Whore
Waunakee, WI
Joined Jun 2003
156 Posts
Do you have a pitch gauge?

Put a pitch gauge on it with the engine unplugged, run the collective stick up and down and see what you're getting.
fiveoboy01 is offline Find More Posts by fiveoboy01
Old Oct 01, 2007, 10:25 PM
I fly by wire
Amish paradise - Lancaster, Pa
Joined Aug 2007
288 Posts
Sounds like you might have a pitch issue. Like fiveoboy01 said, check the pitch. Just after I bought my 450s I went through a period of crashing and fixing. From adjusting the tracking over the course of a month or so I adjusted the pitch down to almost 0 leaving me with no lift. I put the pitch gauge on, made a few adjustments and was back at it.
j'flyr is offline Find More Posts by j'flyr
Old Oct 01, 2007, 10:35 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
make sure the servos are moving in the right direction first. start by doing the following. stand from behind the helicopter, plug the left front into ch 6, right front into aileron, back into elevator with the gyro into 4 and 5 respectively.

reset ur radio to stock settings, start by reversing either ch 2, ch 3, ch 6, one at a time or a combo of both. usually i find that reversing just ch 2 will make all the servos move in the right way. left and right should correspond to left and right or right and left, same with elevator up and down should be up and down or down and up. direction doesn't matter in this case, make sure that when u move throttle up u see the swash move up and down or down and up.

now, once the travels are doing what they are supposed to, fix any for direction via swash mix. this would be ur swash2, swash3 and swash 6 settings, which correspond to ail, elev pitch respectively. if ur swash is moving right when u are moving left, reverse the direction from 60 to negative 60 for example. ur goal is to get throttle stick up and swash to go up, left and right forward and back on swash.

now, at half stick, eye ball ur blades from the top and see if the blades are sorta level. ur looking for 0 pitch here. make sure both blades are the same by making the corresponding links in the head the same distance. this makes tracking, and the head symmetric. if it sags down, too much positive, if it sags up, too much negative. adjust via the upper links till u get with what ur eye can see, a semi level blade at half stick, and see that when u add positive pitch, the blade come down.

this should get u in the air.
driftinsequence is offline Find More Posts by driftinsequence