SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:04 PM
Joined Mar 2004
2,410 Posts
Discussion
Vacuum Forming Machine Plans

Flying Models just published my plans for a simple and cost effective table and sliding frame set up for vacuum forming parts up to about a 6" x 12" base size. It can use plastics such as ABS, PETG and Butyrate from .020 up to .040 and greater and the whole thing can be built on a Saturday morning. It is constructed using common household tools and readily available hardware store or home improvement center materials, and include information for single or two stage vacuum operation. It also offers the facility to place a heat source above the work surface making your wife's oven obsolete except for the mundane task of cooking meals .

It's in the October issue which should be on the newstands in a few days if not already.

Tom
mmartin55 is offline Find More Posts by mmartin55
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2007, 01:43 PM
Team 30 Micro EDF
Camarillo, California
Joined Apr 2002
4,516 Posts
If you weren't so busy writing articles, maybe you could have fullfilled the orders you've been paid for. I am out $90 since January 17, and all I have had is silence and no model(s).

Monday is the deadline before I file criminal charges.

I could have been a great friend as I am willing to share both good and bad reviews. You suck.
Mike Taylor is offline Find More Posts by Mike Taylor
Old Oct 26, 2007, 03:06 AM
F3J, F3K and F5J eXtreme
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Apr 2005
275 Posts
Hi Tom,

Can you share the plans and information here for those who don't have access to the mag, like us poor slobs in Africa?

Mark
markStockton is offline Find More Posts by markStockton
Old Oct 26, 2007, 08:21 AM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,021 Posts
Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by markStockton
Hi Tom,

Can you share the plans and information here for those who don't have access to the mag, like us poor slobs in Africa?

Mark
Mark, if you want I'll buy the rag and send em to you if needed, I'll need your addee...

Best Regards,

Wylie S.
Wylie Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Wylie Shaw
Old Oct 26, 2007, 08:28 AM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,021 Posts
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Taylor
If you weren't so busy writing articles, maybe you could have fullfilled the orders you've been paid for. I am out $90 since January 17, and all I have had is silence and no model(s).

Monday is the deadline before I file criminal charges.

I could have been a great friend as I am willing to share both good and bad reviews. You suck.

Mike, How many times did you, contact Tom and talked to him? I have done a couple of transactions with him and his kits/services are top notch. I'm sure something has transpired for this to happen and I'm positive that he will make it right and I see no reason to blind side him on a public forum. If I'm wrong then I apoligize but I don't thing so.....talk to him!!!

Best Regards,

Wylie S.

P.S. I believe that Tom also has a regular job, honey do's, weekend do's and his second job...(TMRC) Things happen and communication is the key...My hat comes off for Tom and others that provide us with excellent kits and services in their spare time. It happens they can be up to their ears in alligators and things do get eaten. fall off the plate etc.....
Wylie Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Wylie Shaw
Last edited by Wylie Shaw; Oct 26, 2007 at 08:46 AM. Reason: ADDED POST SCRIPT
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:46 PM
Vintage Flyer
Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie Shaw
Mike, How many times did you, contact Tom and talked to him? I have done a couple of transactions with him and his kits/services are top notch. I'm sure something has transpired for this to happen and I'm positive that he will make it right and I see no reason to blind side him on a public forum. If I'm wrong then I apoligize but I don't thing so.....talk to him!!!

Best Regards,

Wylie S.

P.S. I believe that Tom also has a regular job, honey do's, weekend do's and his second job...(TMRC) Things happen and communication is the key...My hat comes off for Tom and others that provide us with excellent kits and services in their spare time. It happens they can be up to their ears in alligators and things do get eaten. fall off the plate etc.....

I totally agree with Wylie.Tom has gave me top notch service and top shelf products, shipped them quickly and is always there to offer support.
Mike I think you are way off base by threatening legal action against Tom on a public forum.
It should be handled privately outside of this venue.

Perhaps if you had said
Tom, I know you've been busy, etc, could you check your orders and see if mine might have accidentally got misplaced or overlooked?
The best method would have been a registered letter by mail with a return receipt.

Good day Mike,

Ed
Ercoupe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Ercoupe Ed