?
satinsilverk20a2 is offline Find More Posts by satinsilverk20a2
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2007, 07:20 PM
Crash=change of flying medium
Boulder, CO
Joined May 2002
1,358 Posts
This is just a free FMS simulator with a USB joystick, which looks like an R/C transmitter.
bluesky123 is offline Find More Posts by bluesky123
Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:06 AM
I DS slower than I build!
Idaho Falls
Joined Jul 2006
2,348 Posts
I have the 4 channel version. It's pretty good for the price you pay. I've been teaching my 3 year old how to fly on it.
Cory is offline Find More Posts by Cory
Old Oct 04, 2007, 10:01 PM
I feel the need for speed
St. Petersburg, FL
Joined Feb 2007
1,268 Posts
I've seen others on eBay selling them for about $32 shipped ($18.95 + $12.95). I'd suggest not supporting those that cheat the system by charging $.99 for the item and $42 S&H.
BaracW is offline Find More Posts by BaracW
Old Oct 05, 2007, 02:25 AM
Slope Stud
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined May 2001
2,272 Posts
Try this...
The same system....

DYMOND

Oranator
ORANATOR is offline Find More Posts by ORANATOR
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2007, 10:29 AM
I DS slower than I build!
Idaho Falls
Joined Jul 2006
2,348 Posts
This is the one I have.

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...25&pid=W022984

It's a little cheaper and works just fine.
Cory is offline Find More Posts by Cory
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:47 PM
I feel the need for speed
St. Petersburg, FL
Joined Feb 2007
1,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANATOR
Try this...
The same system....

DYMOND

Oranator
That is only a 4 channel system. Here is the one I bought from eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWA:VRI. Not only is it a 6 channel system, but it's shipped price is almost the same as their item alone, and less than the original posters shipping only.
BaracW is offline Find More Posts by BaracW
Old Dec 26, 2007, 05:01 PM
Joined Sep 2004
652 Posts
Could somebody identify the USB device ID for the 6-channel version? Microsoft isn't an option for me, and I'd like to use it with Linux and AeroFly Pro Deluxe. The device id is a hex number similar to "0abc:123".

thanks!

edfardos
edfardos is offline Find More Posts by edfardos
Old Jan 09, 2008, 05:40 PM
Eckert, CO. USA
Joined Jan 2008
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfardos
Could somebody identify the USB device ID for the 6-channel version? Microsoft isn't an option for me, and I'd like to use it with Linux and AeroFly Pro Deluxe. The device id is a hex number similar to "0abc:123".

thanks!

edfardos
edfardos,

Open a terminal window and run 'lsusb' (no quotes). That will list all your attached usb devices and there addresses.

-Jim
ShutterAce is offline Find More Posts by ShutterAce
Old Jan 09, 2008, 10:41 PM
Joined Dec 2006
155 Posts
I think some of you are missing the point. The original post refers to a USB Tx that appears to be a 6 channel controller, not the more commonly known 4-channel ones that have been around for a while. Last I checked, 6 > 4.

His question is has anyone tried the 6-ch version. I have a 4 ch Esky and I can tell you that I sure miss not having that extra 2 channels for landing gear and flaps! There appear to be a few sellers that are selling these (supposedly) 6 channel controllers for about what the 4 channel ones use to go for.

BTW, the version of Aerofly Pro Deluxe that works with your real radio Tx (not the one that comes with a USB Tx) will also work with USB Tx's like this, which is great if you hate having to charge your radio just to play with your sim. Of course, the USB controllers also work with other sims like FMS and Clearview.
Cheekers is offline Find More Posts by Cheekers
Last edited by Cheekers; Jan 09, 2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 03:03 PM
Joined Dec 2006
155 Posts
Okay, this is an update to this thread.

I bought the Dynam 6Ch on eBay and it is for real: a 6-channel USB controller that you an use with several RC flight sims such as Aerofly Pro Deluxe, Clearview, and FMS to name a few. It feels a little less well made than the Esky USB Tx, but not terribly so.

As usual, calibrating it was a minor pain with because the channel layout was different than the Esky's. One thing missing is the carrying handle which I always used to hang the Esky from a hook nex to my desk, but not a biggie.

I love having one controller to use with my sims and not having to wonder if I charged my Futaba (the only real Tx I use on my PC because Phoenix won't work with another controller even though the dongle is plugged in.) And now I have access to landing gear and flaps from my controller.
Cheekers is offline Find More Posts by Cheekers
Old Feb 03, 2008, 08:25 PM
Canberra, Australia
Joined Apr 2006
62 Posts
I'm in the market for a usb controller like this or the E-sky 4 channel one but I have a couple of questions.

Am I wrong in assuming that you can do channel mixing etc in the computer, so that the E-sky 4 channel controller can still be used to control, for example, collective pitch helis? If I'm right, then what do the extra channels achieve on the Dynam model? Is it just that you don't have to reach for the keyboard when you want flaps, gear, gyro gain etc?

Sorry for the noob question, but what value do the extra channels really add to a dedicated usb controller? I can understand that it aids in muscle memory (i.e. not having to reach for the keyboard when you want another function), but since it won't be the same as the controller used in the field, does that really help?

I guess in short I'm wondering whether it's worth me spending the money on the Dynam 6 channel controller, or will I be just as happy with the E-sky 4 channel (also having saved half my money).
bindibadgi is offline Find More Posts by bindibadgi
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:26 PM
Knuckle Head
United States, CA, Altadena
Joined Aug 2009
52 Posts
So I bought one of these 6 channel sim controllers at a swap meet for cheap. Only problem is that it did come with the driver disk. I figured it would be like all my other USB items that I could just plug in and it would work. Well all the channels work except right stick. Elevator and Aileron channels in the sim look mixed. When I go to calibrate in windows/game controllers it appears those channels are 45degrees off. Is there any way to fix this in windows? It seems to me to be a driver issue. Does any one have a copy of drivers. I have googled it and just cant find the drivers. Any help would be appreciated.
mattkaine is offline Find More Posts by mattkaine
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:35 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,687 Posts
Not a driver issue. Mixing used for helicopters. Need to adjust switches inside the controller to turn off heli mixing for the sims.

-- ggunners
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2010, 03:25 PM
Knuckle Head
United States, CA, Altadena
Joined Aug 2009
52 Posts
What is the mix switch for??? All of the simulators I have wont work with the mix switched to on.
mattkaine is offline Find More Posts by mattkaine