HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:46 PM
Oh - yeah, I meant to do that
e_airman's Avatar
Central NY
Joined Feb 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn
Dan,
The HS55 servos probably would work if you were very careful and all linkages were very free. HS56 or 65 would be a better choice IMO. I have 65's in mine and they are very nice. Put 4 more flights on my T-Craft this afternoon. I really enjoy flying this versatile plane. It is quite aerobatic with the Eflite 480 motor.
Gary
Hi Gary,

How are the flight characteristics of your T-Craft? Dose it want to tip-stall at slow speeds? How is the glide, is it long?

e_airman
e_airman is offline Find More Posts by e_airman
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:10 PM
Wanted for breaking OHM's law
Dennis Sumner's Avatar
United States, MI, Canton
Joined Sep 2002
1,600 Posts
Taylorcraft Logo

BibBII,

Here are the files for the Taylorcraft logo and the panel.

Enjoy,

Dennis
Dennis Sumner is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Sumner
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:11 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Gary Hoorn's Avatar
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,889 Posts
e_airman,
I have never noticed any tip stalling tendencies on my T-Craft. I have mine balanced just about in the middle of the recommended fore & aft balance points. With a little bit of power you can drag it around at quite a slow speed with no problem. I does benefit from some differential in the ailerons to avoid yaw. I use about 15% on mine. I also have aileron to rudder mix on a switch at 25% if I am feeling lazy and don't wish to use the left stick I have to admit this Taylorcraft is one of the nicest flying planes I have at the moment. Just toss it up and have fun!
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 04:48 AM
Registered User
Cubby888's Avatar
Joined Mar 2008
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsumner
BibBII,

Here are the files for the Taylorcraft logo and the panel.

Enjoy,

Dennis
Hi Dennis,

Where did you fine that Logo? Can you send me the file or the site address where I can download it?
Cubby888 is offline Find More Posts by Cubby888
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 05:10 AM
Oh - yeah, I meant to do that
e_airman's Avatar
Central NY
Joined Feb 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn
e_airman,
I have never noticed any tip stalling tendencies on my T-Craft. I have mine balanced just about in the middle of the recommended fore & aft balance points. With a little bit of power you can drag it around at quite a slow speed with no problem. I does benefit from some differential in the ailerons to avoid yaw. I use about 15% on mine. I also have aileron to rudder mix on a switch at 25% if I am feeling lazy and don't wish to use the left stick I have to admit this Taylorcraft is one of the nicest flying planes I have at the moment. Just toss it up and have fun!
Gary
Gary,

Do you use flaperons? Also, for the differential in he ailerons, that means you have each ailerons on a differnt channel - correct?

Thanks for the info e_airman
e_airman is offline Find More Posts by e_airman
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 06:19 AM
Wanted for breaking OHM's law
Dennis Sumner's Avatar
United States, MI, Canton
Joined Sep 2002
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby888
Hi Dennis,

Where did you fine that Logo? Can you send me the file or the site address where I can download it?

Cubby888,

Just right click on the image and save it. I foung it by doing a goggle search for Taylorcraft.

Dennis
Dennis Sumner is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Sumner
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 02:35 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Gary Hoorn's Avatar
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,889 Posts
e_airman,
I have a Hitec HS65 on each aileron. The plane is designed for a two servo setup. Depending on which radio you are using one servo goes on the AIL channel on the Rx and the other in my case on AUX1.

I do not use flaperons. I don't like them on ailerons of any type that are out on the wingtip, full span or not, as they can increase the tendency to tip stall. With just a touch of throttle the plane flies so slowly nose up that flaps are IMO not necessary.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 02:50 PM
Registered User
Hallowell, Maine
Joined Jan 2002
439 Posts
I use HS-55's on all my electrics...Taylorcraft, Seagull Extra 300 and E-Flite foam P-38. The E-Flite Mini-Ultra Stick is the PNP version and came with their S-75 servos (I think). I did replace the supplied motor and speed control as they were not very good quality IMO.

I do use flaperons on the Mini-Ultra Stick as I was constantly tearing the long spindly gear out of the bottom when it would tip stall just before landing. Once I started using flaperons it became much easier to land and much more stable close to the ground. I've had no landing gear problems since. It also helps when it's on floats.

I also use flaperons on the Extra 300 under certain conditions. If I'm flying off high, thick grass I'll drop them down for take off and retract them after I'm in the air. If it's a blustery wind (which it has been all Spring) I'll drop them on down wind and I can maintian a higher power level on final without an increase in speed, in case I need to go around.

Jaybird.
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 03:37 PM
Registered User
Parkflyer4you's Avatar
kissimmee fl
Joined Jul 2005
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
My Buddy's E-Flite TaylorCraft Video:

Thanks to Tony (BigTonE) and Gerry (Simano) with the Video and Stills respectively!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIIHx-HJ1Sg


Wow!!!!

Super Video and nice Scale Flying!!!

Congrats!!
Parkflyer4you is offline Find More Posts by Parkflyer4you
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 04:11 PM
Registered User
moogly's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird
I use HS-55's on all my electrics...Taylorcraft, Seagull Extra 300 and E-Flite foam P-38. The E-Flite Mini-Ultra Stick is the PNP version and came with their S-75 servos (I think). I did replace the supplied motor and speed control as they were not very good quality IMO.

I do use flaperons on the Mini-Ultra Stick as I was constantly tearing the long spindly gear out of the bottom when it would tip stall just before landing. Once I started using flaperons it became much easier to land and much more stable close to the ground. I've had no landing gear problems since. It also helps when it's on floats.

I also use flaperons on the Extra 300 under certain conditions. If I'm flying off high, thick grass I'll drop them down for take off and retract them after I'm in the air. If it's a blustery wind (which it has been all Spring) I'll drop them on down wind and I can maintian a higher power level on final without an increase in speed, in case I need to go around.

Jaybird.
well I used HS 55s on my T- Craft and striped them out the I went to S-75S and they went bad now I have HS-65 and there fine
I use spoiliorons on my t_craft to kill some of the lift on windy days and it works great I use have to remember to kill them when I land!!
moogly is offline Find More Posts by moogly
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 04:19 PM
Registered User
Hallowell, Maine
Joined Jan 2002
439 Posts
I did strip one of the HS-55s in the tail of the Extra driving the rudder when I cart-wheeled it trying to taxi in thick grass (I was at the local soccer field). A combination of too much power and wind gust caused it to rear up and instead of going full throttle and flying up and out I chopped the throttle and it tipped over and went wing tip over wing tip. Other than my own mistake, I haven't had problems with the HS-55s.

Jaybird
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 04:28 PM
Oh - yeah, I meant to do that
e_airman's Avatar
Central NY
Joined Feb 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moogly
well I used HS 55s on my T- Craft and striped them out the I went to S-75S and they went bad now I have HS-65 and there fine
I use spoiliorons on my t_craft to kill some of the lift on windy days and it works great I use have to remember to kill them when I land!!

Gary, Jaybird - Thanks for he info.

Moogly, I have heard of others doing spoiliorons, this works good for you? This was suggested for my PZ T-28, however that plane dose not need it by any means. From what I am hearining the T-craft dose not need them either.

For the servo's, I pick up four Futaba S3114 for my T-craft.

e_airman.
e_airman is offline Find More Posts by e_airman
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 05:08 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Gary Hoorn's Avatar
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,889 Posts
e_airman,
I have spoilerons on the Taylorcraft as well as my EBT. They are okay but I seldom use them. I prefer to maintain a bit of power and fly in what is called "slow flight" on full scale planes. Works great with the Taylorcraft and touch downs are at a slow walking speed. In a 10 mph wind you can harrier down.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 08:34 PM
Oh - yeah, I meant to do that
e_airman's Avatar
Central NY
Joined Feb 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn
e_airman,
I have spoilerons on the Taylorcraft as well as my EBT. They are okay but I seldom use them. I prefer to maintain a bit of power and fly in what is called "slow flight" on full scale planes. Works great with the Taylorcraft and touch downs are at a slow walking speed. In a 10 mph wind you can harrier down.
Gary
Thanks Gary,

Hopfully next weekend I will have my T-Craft ready for flight.

e_airman
e_airman is offline Find More Posts by e_airman
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:19 PM
Registered User
moogly's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_airman
Gary, Jaybird - Thanks for he info.

Moogly, I have heard of others doing spoiliorons, this works good for you? This was suggested for my PZ T-28, however that plane dose not need it by any means. From what I am hearining the T-craft dose not need them either.

For the servo's, I pick up four Futaba S3114 for my T-craft.

e_airman.
Well I use them in high winds and they work great I tried flaperions and that was bad news it turned out the CG was pretty far off and thought that by adding flaps it would keep the nose from dropping. Then Gary talked about spoiler’s and now that the GC is correct I like them alot especially when I'm turning into the wind the plane wont lift so much
use what works for you
moogly is offline Find More Posts by moogly
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E flite Taylorcraft for 450 or 480 P-51C Scale ARF/RTF 23 May 23, 2009 05:11 AM
Discussion E-Flite park 450 outrunner, 980kV - suggested plane(s) or kits? dougaustin Power Systems 4 Jul 01, 2006 02:49 AM
Wanted E-Flite Park 450 Outrunner Twmaster Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Jun 17, 2006 11:41 AM
For Sale E-Flite Park 450 outrunner motor(3 days old) wilsonbueno Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Mar 01, 2006 10:10 PM
Question E-flite Park 450 vs Hacker A20-20L Jimmy Hoffa Power Systems 2 Dec 19, 2005 02:29 PM