HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2008, 09:55 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Silent, I have one in the box so forgive my asking (I have not looked), but is the elevator control rod sticking in the sleeve or guide? (fine steel wool sanding often helps, followed by white or similar grease)
Sisyphus is offline Find More Posts by Sisyphus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2008, 10:02 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,463 Posts
http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=5572

Guys it looks like this site has some at the old price. I didn't go all the way through so not sure. Also, I have never purchase from them so buy at your own risk.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Jun 03, 2008, 10:09 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan

Guys it looks like this site has some at the old price. I didn't go all the way through so not sure. Also, I have never purchase from them so buy at your own risk.
Very reliable seller, but shipping can be high: I have a Viking from NE, which is a real beauty in the air!
Old Jun 03, 2008, 10:15 AM
Hold my Beer and watch this!
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Silent, I have one in the box so forgive my asking (I have not looked), but is the elevator control rod sticking in the sleeve or guide? (fine steel wool sanding often helps, followed by white or similar grease)
It might be. It seemed that the angle of the dangle changes and puts pressure on the control rod when it is pulled in (down elevator) and there is less pressure on the rod when it moves out (up elevator). The end of the tube is a bit messed up in the back where it exits. Looks like they made the hole in the covering with a soldering iron and melted a bit of the tube end.
silent_guru is offline Find More Posts by silent_guru
Old Jun 03, 2008, 10:20 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
"The angle of the dangle...." I have not heard that one in years-there is an entire formula as I recall.
Old Jun 03, 2008, 10:27 AM
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
"The angle of the dangle...." I have not heard that one in years-there is an entire formula as I recall.
"The angle of the dangle is inversely proportionate to the heat of the beat"
Old Jun 03, 2008, 11:07 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Yes, that's very, very close!
Old Jun 03, 2008, 09:18 PM
Modesto, California USA
Joined Jan 2004
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan
Also, I have never purchase from them so buy at your own risk.
My experience with NE Sail is that shipping runs about twice that of others (Tower, Horizon,etc.) and half of what I received had some damages. His customer service is legendary (on the bad side) lots of threads have been dedicated to him.
Holtenbacker is offline Find More Posts by Holtenbacker
Old Jun 03, 2008, 09:34 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Yes, he does have quite a group of "followers." Maybe I was lucky.
Old Jun 05, 2008, 06:30 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,153 Posts
ok who has a good way of quick fitting the wing struts to the fuselage. as i have to remove the wing for transport.
goldeneye007 is offline Find More Posts by goldeneye007
Old Jun 05, 2008, 07:00 PM
Modesto, California USA
Joined Jan 2004
732 Posts
Never found that to be a problem.
I back out the screw enough to clear the fuse but remain in the strut.
It clears through the gap in the gear
takes only about 15 - 20 seconds to mount the strut on.
Holtenbacker is offline Find More Posts by Holtenbacker
Old Jun 07, 2008, 07:03 AM
Oh - yeah, I meant to do that
Central NY
Joined Feb 2008
250 Posts
Hey Guys,

I have had my T-craft for about a month or so and its still in the box. . . time for me to start building (actually it will be another week or so), but I want to start collecting the necessary hardware. I believe I will be going with the recommended EF 450 power system. My question is: What about the servos - has anyone had any issues with the recommended e-flite (EFLRS75) servos? Are they to Big/Small, quality good/poor?

I would normally use Futaba S3114 for a plane in this class, but I am thinking I would like to try the e-flite servos, but only if others have had a good experience with them. Thanks for any input you may have - e_airman
e_airman is offline Find More Posts by e_airman
Old Jun 07, 2008, 07:14 AM
Motors beat engines!
Milwaukee Wisconsin, United States
Joined Feb 2001
4,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_airman
Hey Guys,

My question is: What about the servos - has anyone had any issues with the recommended e-flite (EFLRS75) servos? Are they to Big/Small, quality good/poor?

I would normally use Futaba S3114 for a plane in this class, e_airman

Don't use the eflite servos. These are the same ones that come stock in the blade cp helicopters, of which I had one. Besides having a geartrain that becomes excessively sloppy after only a couple of hours of operation, I had no less than 3 of them fail on me electrically while in flight. They just locked up solid and created a glitching situation till they were unplugged. I was very lucky not to crash from these failures.

The 3114's on the other hand are excellent, perhaps the best in this cost/size class.

Dean in Milwaukee
DeaninMilwaukee is offline Find More Posts by DeaninMilwaukee
Old Jun 07, 2008, 09:03 AM
Joined Jun 2006
153 Posts
Quote:
Hey Guys,

I have had my T-craft for about a month or so and its still in the box. . . time for me to start building (actually it will be another week or so), but I want to start collecting the necessary hardware. I believe I will be going with the recommended EF 450 power system. My question is: What about the servos - has anyone had any issues with the recommended e-flite (EFLRS75) servos? Are they to Big/Small, quality good/poor?

I would normally use Futaba S3114 for a plane in this class, but I am thinking I would like to try the e-flite servos, but only if others have had a good experience with them. Thanks for any input you may have - e_airman
H run Hitec HS 65s. the HS55s striped and so did the e-flite the e-flights were the worsred but the Hitec HS65
are karbonite ?and they drop right in and are soild as a rock
just my 2 cents
moogly is offline Find More Posts by moogly
Old Jun 07, 2008, 09:10 AM
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
Quote:
Hey Guys,

I used the S75's in my mini pulse. They were very crappy and gave out one by one. I am using HS55's in my T-Craft but I am going to at least change out the elevator servo to an HS65 today becasue there is still some binding and it does not like to center from down elevator input. I sanded and lubed the rod and cleaned up where the rod exits the fuse, things are better. I got a few more flights on her early this morning and I am loving this plane now that I am getting more used to how little throttle it needs to put around.