Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 13, 2008, 12:47 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,152 Posts
well im not happy that this sort of thing was done in the factory. as im in the UK theres not much chance of me getting this sorted. without sending it all back to the shop once again
goldeneye007 is offline Find More Posts by goldeneye007
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2008, 12:49 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird
Were you able to keep the first one and did it have a good fuselage?
no in the UK the shops will ask for the whole thing back before you get another one sent out
Old May 13, 2008, 04:55 PM
Hallowell, Maine
Joined Jan 2002
439 Posts
The shops here would do it that way too. I thought that maybe you were able to order just a replacement wing and still had the rest of the original kit. Sorry you've had such a bad experience with this kit. The LHS here has a broken kit show up in it's first round of shipments. There were three to choose from when I went to pick mine up and I just happened to NOT get the broken one, but it did have a warped wing panel.

Jaybird
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird
Old May 13, 2008, 06:47 PM
Joined Jun 2006
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingbeat
Yikes man.... that should be illegal.
Does John still watch this thread?
Ya I think there scraping the bottom of the barrel to get these out. My 1st one was perfect the 2nd one had broken ribs and small crackes all over fixable and flyable but not as good as the 1st that looks like a patch job just to say they shipped it. Like when I do rework on a power supply just to fill the order.
moogly is offline Find More Posts by moogly
Old May 14, 2008, 09:49 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,152 Posts
both of my ailerons have a twist in them. will the trim sort it out or will there be some strange control during a turn in flight.
Old May 14, 2008, 09:57 AM
Hallowell, Maine
Joined Jan 2002
439 Posts
You need to straighten them or you will be fighting trim all the time and the plane will not handle well (my warped wing, although slight, made this plane a real handfull the first flight). With a heat gun (blower type) and an assistant (my assistant was the one who discovered the warp) lightly twist the aileron in the opposite direction of the warp and apply heat to the wrinkled covering to pull it tight and to straighten the part. Do this slowly and carefully so you don't melt the covering, break the balsa frame or burn your assistant! Flying with a lot of trim to offset a warped surface produces a lot of excess drag and reduces the lift capability of the wing especially at slow speed (landing).

Good luck!

Jaybird
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird
Old May 14, 2008, 10:45 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,152 Posts
cheers for the quick answer. i will now ask for a full replacement not just the fuselage. and see if i get some luck this time round
Old May 17, 2008, 05:44 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,194 Posts
T'craft on floats

Someone sais "No pics - no hoppen."

Here's some pics:
Charley38 is offline Find More Posts by Charley38
Old May 17, 2008, 05:51 PM
Joined Oct 2003
2,194 Posts
Sorry for the double pics, meant to send this:

Pics of going out and homemade rudder setup.

CR
Old May 18, 2008, 09:17 AM
RRS
Joined Oct 2001
99 Posts
On my way to the Joe Nall last week I stopped by King RC in King, NC and picked up a T-craft 450. They also had another in stock.
RRS is offline Find More Posts by RRS
Old May 18, 2008, 10:36 AM
Modesto, California USA
Joined Jan 2004
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRS
On my way to the Joe Nall last week I stopped by King RC in King, NC and picked up a T-craft 450. They also had another in stock.
The distributor is out of stock for months but Hobby shops still have multiple TC's in stock. Bad trend for the LHS.

On larger purchases, like an ARF, motor,etc. I give my LHS first shot and have told him so. 95% of the time he will meet or beat the internet price. Yes I pay taxes but I do anyway because most suppliers have warehouses in my state. I do save on shipping.

He makes a fast nickel instead of a slow dime and immediate stock turnover. Strike that. He makes a fast nickel instead of nothing, cause I'd bought on the internet.
Holtenbacker is offline Find More Posts by Holtenbacker
Last edited by Holtenbacker; May 18, 2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old May 18, 2008, 10:55 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,826 Posts
I bought mine from the LHS as I do most of my plane purchases. I had a chance to open the box and check the contents. I also get a bit of a discount as a frequent shopper. Internet shopping is great but I sure would hate to lose my LHS!
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old May 18, 2008, 11:58 AM
Joined Oct 2003
2,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holtenbacker
The distributor is out of stock for months but Hobby shops still have multiple TC's in stock. Bad trend for the LHS.
Part of the bad trend is that the word doesn't get out to those in the flying community who aren't on the 'net. Case in point: I stopped in Rebel Hobbies in San Antonio, TX, to pick up a few things and got gabbing with the owner about various ARFs. When I told him how well the T'craft flew, he was surprised, said I was the first he'd met who had flown the model. He went on to say he would order a few based on my reccy. Of course now he can't get them, I suppose.

CR
Old May 18, 2008, 12:14 PM
Stow, MA
Joined Mar 2002
1,005 Posts
My LHS had two in right before Christmas. They sold both, but I guess not quick enough for the LHS owner's liking. I asked him about the plane and he said they did not order more because the last ones stayed on the shelf so long. Now I wish I grabbed one at $109!

Carl
cfossa is offline Find More Posts by cfossa
Old May 18, 2008, 03:53 PM
AMA 16192
Madison, AL
Joined Oct 2003
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn
I bought mine from the LHS as I do most of my plane purchases. I had a chance to open the box and check the contents. I also get a bit of a discount as a frequent shopper. Internet shopping is great but I sure would hate to lose my LHS!
Gary
I agree Gary. I almost ALWAYS buy from my LHS! However, this time I didn't because he was out of stock on the T-craft and has been for months, with no more due until late June or early July. I've been on the waiting list since right after Christmas and gave up 3 weeks ago when I found out Hobby Zone in Minnesota was receiving a few shipments. I'm not sure where they got them from when nobody else seems to be getting any, but they had just received 24 of them to fulfill all of their backorders 2 days before I called, and they were expecting 18 more that very afternoon, so I told them to ship me one when it came in (it arrived at my office 3 days later) and I cancelled my order with the LHS. I hated to do that, but then again I went back and spent another $200 with them on all the rest of the stuff to get the airplane in the air, so they didn't totally lose out!

Like you, I get a frequent customer discount on all purchases, they match and very often beat mail-order prices, they special order when needed, and they're always available to help if there is ever a problem with the purchase! I do my best to keep them in business with frequent trips.
bronicabill is offline Find More Posts by bronicabill