Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 07, 2008, 07:02 PM
Gravity gets me down.
Joined Oct 2004
2,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbubba
Wingbeat, Thanks for the post of where's waldo, er I mean where is a Taylorcraft. I called Greenfield News and Hobby and it is being shipped. I called my local hobbyshop and they said it will be the end of June and the price has gone up. So I supported your local hobbyshop!
Thanks for the lead,
Randy
Excellent! Glad someone scooped her up!

Maybe my tip will please the hobby gods enough to return my DS368 servo to me. While running around yesterday I believe I dropped it there. New $70 servo- MIA.

(no, it wasn't for the Taylorcraft! lol)
wingbeat is offline Find More Posts by wingbeat
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2008, 09:09 PM
Oh - yeah, I meant to do that
Central NY
Joined Feb 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird
Sorry to assume, Trey. I work a couple of Saturdays a month at the store and you wouldn't believe the number of people who get bent out of shape over the website inventory and the actual store inventory. My message was aimed at the general public who might take a look at the store.

Has anyone else found a good float source for the TC? it sure is a lot of fun!

Jaybird
Hey Jaybird - Not a problem, I fully understand - some people just expect too much!!!

Everyone: Hopfully this weekend I can start building my TC. Floats? I would like to put floats on my TC as I spend too much time on the water but I think I will hold off for now.
e_airman is offline Find More Posts by e_airman
Old May 08, 2008, 11:48 AM
France, IdF, Villeparisis
Joined Jul 2003
69 Posts
Hi guys,

I ordered one at espritmodel before the global increase applied to the new stocks.
Now I hope she will arrive in France complete and without taxes and dammage.

Peg@se
pegase is offline Find More Posts by pegase
Old May 08, 2008, 07:51 PM
Stow, MA
Joined Mar 2002
1,005 Posts
Any idea if the model is being improved, or if the price is just going up with the next batch? Seems that ARF prices usually drop after they are released, not the other way around

Carl
cfossa is offline Find More Posts by cfossa
Old May 08, 2008, 07:57 PM
Modesto, California USA
Joined Jan 2004
732 Posts
The Taylorcraft could be more better.
Blame it on the the devaluation of the US Dollar vs the world (and inflation in China)
The EFlite AT-6 is going up $25 with the next batch. The website already shows the new price.
Holtenbacker is offline Find More Posts by Holtenbacker
Old May 08, 2008, 07:58 PM
What could go wrong?
Dayton , Ohio, United States
Joined Sep 2004
19 Posts
More than likely it is the exchange rate of the U.S. dollar vs the other Worlds currency with the Fed rate cuts, the dollar does not buy what it use to could.
Just my thoughts on the matter.
Take care,
Randy
lowbubba is offline Find More Posts by lowbubba
Old May 08, 2008, 09:36 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
don't forget shipping costs.
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old May 09, 2008, 06:42 PM
Stow, MA
Joined Mar 2002
1,005 Posts
Wow!

Many of their models have increased in price. I have the EFlite Extra 260, and it is now more than I paid for it too. Some of these small electrics are getting as pricey as my .40 sized glow ARFs.

I guess to me paying $109 for a plane still feels like a $100 plane. When it gets up to $125 it feels a lot more expensive

Carl
cfossa is offline Find More Posts by cfossa
Old May 09, 2008, 10:42 PM
Joined Apr 2006
890 Posts
Ugh, I think my new next plane
Pipercub18 is offline Find More Posts by Pipercub18
Old May 10, 2008, 07:25 PM
AMA 16192
Madison, AL
Joined Oct 2003
100 Posts
I've been following this thread for a while but not posting since I was waiting on my T-craft to show up at the LHS. Then 2 weeks ago I was told the shipment had been pushed back to late June, so I did some Google searching and found some in stock at http://www.hobbyzone.com and snatched one up. It arrived a week ago yesterday, and went for its first 4 flights this morning. That is one sweet flying bird! My flights were a bit shaky as I've been flying helis only for the past few years. But since I've been flying planks since 1976 the flights went well, just not as smooth on the landings and take-offs as I will be when I get back in practice. Now if I can just figure out how they hid the tail rotor on this thing... and where the heck did the swashplate go?!?
bronicabill is offline Find More Posts by bronicabill
Old May 10, 2008, 09:17 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,822 Posts
We won't call your helis egg beaters if you don't call our planes planks I fly helis too but I don't call my planes planks...
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old May 11, 2008, 09:16 AM
AMA 16192
Madison, AL
Joined Oct 2003
100 Posts
Okay... fine. No planks then. FWIW, I don't take it personally what people call my models as I builld and fly/operate/race all types over the 30+ years I've been in this hobby. The only thing I haven't tried yet is turbines, but that will come soon enough I hope! I'd love nothing more than a turbine-powered scale "egg beater"!

Cheers!
bronicabill is offline Find More Posts by bronicabill
Old May 13, 2008, 12:36 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,152 Posts
well at last i got my replacement TC. as last one had broken wings. in the sealed bag i found this
goldeneye007 is offline Find More Posts by goldeneye007
Old May 13, 2008, 12:41 PM
Gravity gets me down.
Joined Oct 2004
2,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneye007
well at last i got my replacement TC. as last one had broken wings. in the sealed bag i found this
Yikes man.... that should be illegal.
Does John still watch this thread?
wingbeat is offline Find More Posts by wingbeat
Old May 13, 2008, 12:44 PM
Hallowell, Maine
Joined Jan 2002
439 Posts
Were you able to keep the first one and did it have a good fuselage?
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird