HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2007, 05:49 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn
I have the Eflite 480 1020kv, T-Bird 36amp ESC and TP Extreme V2 2200mah lipos. I am drawing more current than you guys and I am using a Master Airscrew 10x6 Black plastic prop. Performance is outstanding and most of the time I am on reduced throttle so it does not fly like a jet
Gary

That logger is really cool. I got to look into that.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2007, 09:41 AM
USA, NY, Fishkill
Joined Sep 2002
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillL
Tom,

Cathy appreciates the kind words. It's funny, because I edited out the yelling we did at one another. She was using a little pocket camera. It didn't even have an eye piece to look through, just a screen on the back. You really can't see anything outside, in the sun. She kept yelling that she couldn't see anything. I was yelling back to just aim the darn camera in the direction of the plane. Zooming in was totally out of the question.

Bill
The real maiden flight

Here is the real maiden flight. I always tell Cathy to just aim the camera in the direction of the plane.

Bill
BillL is offline Find More Posts by BillL
Old Dec 29, 2007, 09:43 AM
USA, NY, Fishkill
Joined Sep 2002
539 Posts
The real maiden flight (0 min 56 sec)
Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:07 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Jul 2006
1,563 Posts
Nice video. That sure is a bumpy field! Just like the one I fly at. How's the landing gear holding up?
Taylorman is offline Find More Posts by Taylorman
Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:26 AM
USA, NY, Fishkill
Joined Sep 2002
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorman
Nice video. That sure is a bumpy field! Just like the one I fly at. How's the landing gear holding up?
I only flew it that once. I can see I'm going to have to put larger wheels on it though. It will never go through the grass in the spring. The battery door fell off because of the bumps. Luckily my wife found it out on the field. We are not sure if it fell off on one of the take offs or landings.

Bill
Old Dec 29, 2007, 01:23 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,754 Posts
Wow, that is bumpy. Maybe you should think about doing a hand launch and land only--to save on wear and tear? Just a thought.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Dec 29, 2007, 02:54 PM
USA, NY, Fishkill
Joined Sep 2002
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
Wow, that is bumpy. Maybe you should think about doing a hand launch and land only--to save on wear and tear? Just a thought.
Hand launching isn't a bad idea.

We are heading for Florida next week. Hopefully the field will be softer when we come back in March.

Bill
Old Dec 29, 2007, 03:03 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,076 Posts
Bill, now that sounds more like you two. Ah, the memories. The first verson had me fooled. My field down here is smooth but the grass clippings and cow poop keeps clogging up my wheel pants. It wants to nose over all the time on takeoff. I plan to remove them to see if it helps. If not, I will put slightly larger Sullivan Sky Light wheels on it. Those foam wheels that came on it have a ton of drag in the grass anyway. Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Dec 29, 2007, 03:44 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillL
Hand launching isn't a bad idea.

We are heading for Florida next week. Hopefully the field will be softer when we come back in March.

Bill

What part of Florida?

I am up by Pensacola.
Flying-Monkey is online now Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Dec 30, 2007, 09:11 AM
USA, NY, Fishkill
Joined Sep 2002
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by photohikedive
What part of Florida?

I am up by Pensacola.
We have reservations at Fort Wilderness for the second week in January. Then no real plans for the next two months. We have until January 19th to use up the yearly Disney passes we bought last winter. Depending on the weather, we would like to be where it is warm. We will be visiting family and friends north of Tampa, probably in February. Then to the RC show up in Perry, Ga, at the end of February. Then on to Myrtle Beach for more visits and slowly heading back to New York some time in March.

Bill
Old Dec 30, 2007, 09:42 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,076 Posts
Bill

Hey Bill, your going to Perry too. Four or five of us from Spring Hill go up every year, and drag the wives along with us. Drop us a line when you are in our neck of the woods and we'll go flying..
Just took the wheels and wheelpants off myT Craft. Got tired of them trying to flip it up on it's nose. I had a pair of 2" "Reals" from Hoibby Lobby and put them on her. They are called Reals because they look like "real" rubber airplane tires, not foam or shiny plastic. I have used them on several airplanes and they are the best around if you ask me. Light, low bounce, look good, and don't get flat spots on them from sitting. What's not to like. Tom
Last edited by Tom Smith; Dec 30, 2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 09:47 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,045 Posts
Well, in that case...

On your way to Perry, you need to make a detour to Americus, and visit Hodge's Hobbies. Home of SEFF in May. We have gatherings there at least about once a month.

Check out the store/field's forum on

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/mb/hodgeshobbies
Flying-Monkey is online now Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Dec 30, 2007, 02:44 PM
USA, NY, Fishkill
Joined Sep 2002
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith
Hey Bill, your going to Perry too. Four or five of us from Spring Hill go up every year, and drag the wives along with us. Drop us a line when you are in our neck of the woods and we'll go flying..
Just took the wheels and wheelpants off myT Craft. Got tired of them trying to flip it up on it's nose. I had a pair of 2" "Reals" from Hoibby Lobby and put them on her. They are called Reals because they look like "real" rubber airplane tires, not foam or shiny plastic. I have used them on several airplanes and they are the best around if you ask me. Light, low bounce, look good, and don't get flat spots on them from sitting. What's not to like. Tom
Tom, we will definitely give you a call when we get your way. Those 2" "reals" look like the regular larger tires we use on the fuel planes. Bill
Old Dec 30, 2007, 03:34 PM
USA, NY, Fishkill
Joined Sep 2002
539 Posts
[QUOTE=Just took the wheels and wheelpants off myT Craft. Got tired of them trying to flip it up on it's nose. I had a pair of 2" "Reals" from Hoibby Lobby and put them on her. They are called Reals because they look like "real" rubber airplane tires, not foam or shiny plastic. I have used them on several airplanes and they are the best around if you ask me. Light, low bounce, look good, and don't get flat spots on them from sitting. What's not to like. Tom[/QUOTE]

I checked my tire collection. I have two types of 2" tires:
- One set are Sullivan Skylites. They are a bit hard
- The other are Perfect "permanent pheumatic". They have a bit of bounce to them.

Bill
Old Dec 30, 2007, 04:15 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,076 Posts
Sullivan Sky Lites are real good wheels too, but I prefer the look of these Reals from HL. Plus the Reals are about half the price of Sullivans.