HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2007, 12:07 PM
Plastic Buddha
Joined Oct 2005
2,455 Posts
aftica is offline Find More Posts by aftica
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by aftica; Sep 23, 2008 at 01:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2007, 07:03 PM
Hallowell, Maine
Joined Jan 2002
439 Posts
More snow flying

Here are a couple of pictures from the Saturday before Christmas in Sidney, Maine. Beautiful day with high 20's for temps and no wind, but low, gray skies. A lot of the snow is packed down now from rain and 40 degree temps the last few days.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy new Year!

How many new T-craft owners are there today?

Jay
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird
Old Dec 25, 2007, 07:22 PM
Timelord
USA, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2002
2,393 Posts
Jay,

Nice toys, looks quite cold. Never been in Maine in winter but spend some summers in Gray, ME and do some float flying off the lake. Need to get up there and see Ray & Robins new hobbyshop.

Stay Warm

Jay
Doctor Who is offline Find More Posts by Doctor Who
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2007, 08:23 PM
Joined Jan 2006
33 Posts
crash

MERRY CRISTAS TO EVERYONE AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

ok guys here is my flight report i rarely go to my ama field because i live on alot of property so i fly at home but tody i decided to go to the ama field when i get there its just and one of my friens so i am flying having a good time i am coming for a landing on final approach my taylorcraft just nose right into the ground like a lawn dart i come to find out a club member son gets to the field and turns his transmitter on shoots me down. the kid was on the same ch that i was the only good thing that came out from this is the kids father offer to buy me a new plane so we are going tommorow to get another one at my lhs here is the carnage
icejay55 is offline Find More Posts by icejay55
Old Dec 25, 2007, 08:29 PM
Timelord
USA, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2002
2,393 Posts
That's a bummer but at least the Father stepped up to replace it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2007, 08:29 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Jul 2006
1,563 Posts
Man, that's too bad. I lost a Green RC Curtis Jenny that way. Ever since, all my planes have been converted to Spektrum. Glad they made it right. The guy who shot my Jenny down made it right as well.
Taylorman is offline Find More Posts by Taylorman
Old Dec 26, 2007, 08:47 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,941 Posts
That's the main reason I went to 2.4 ghz. My club in NY has a written rule that if you shoot someone down like that you pay to replace the model and anything else that gets broken in the crash. MY club here in Florida has no such rule but I have seen guys step up and do it. Keep the pictures coming. Love to see em flying off of snow. Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:16 PM
Hallowell, Maine
Joined Jan 2002
439 Posts
Flew off the crusted snow at noontime today. Mid 30's temps and light breeze with hard crust snow. Easy takeoff but landings were tricky with lumps and bumps and footprints. I'll try to attach a couple of short movies.

And yes, I do get a lot of little glitches while flying especially with the small single conversion recievers I have. Next Christmas will be a Spektrum.

Here is a link to my new posted movies..Thanks go to Ray violette.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...24#post8798472

Jay
Last edited by Jaybird; Dec 26, 2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:22 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,941 Posts
We have had good service from Vampower receievers. They have dual conversion ones at very reasonable rates. Even the single conversion ones are good, but I prefer dual conversion in a model of this size and weight. Check them out at http://www.vampowerpro.com/
Quick service too, and he stands behind his products. Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:23 PM
Timelord
USA, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2002
2,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith
We have had good service from Vampower receievers. They have dual conversion ones at very reasonable rates. Even the single conversion ones are good, but I prefer dual conversion in a model of this size and weight. Check them out at http://www.vampowerpro.com/
Same here, my vampower pro receiver has been rock solid.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:27 PM
Hallowell, Maine
Joined Jan 2002
439 Posts
Thanks, I'll look into them. I clarified my link to say it's for the movies that have just been posted...not Spektrum info, sorry!

Jay
Old Dec 26, 2007, 05:23 PM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
Sorry to here about the loss. Good to hear they accepted the responsibility and are taking care of you.

You might think about the 2.4 world, no more issues.

John
John Redman is offline Find More Posts by John Redman
Old Dec 26, 2007, 11:03 PM
Alan
USA, NC, Dudley
Joined Sep 2007
213 Posts
Vampowerpro question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith
Pardon my ignorance. I don't know much about transmitters/ receivers, but I do know that some work on negative shift and others on positive. I fly with JR do these work with JR? If so what do I need to order. Also what is the difference between single and dual conversion?

I picked up a airplane today with a OS 46, pitts muffler, 5 servos, and battery. So I am in the market for a receiver. I like the cost of these if they will work for me. I paid $120.00 for the used plane, however I am kind of suspicous about the battery. It looks kind of old.

Sorry to hijack the taylorcraft thread.
I do love my Taylorcraft.
Thanks Alan
bgfireman is offline Find More Posts by bgfireman
Old Dec 26, 2007, 11:33 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
Im wondering what you guys think about a FRIO 9 .. 950 kv motor for the Taylor craft??
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:43 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,592 Posts
Is it me or does the T-craft really look at home on the snow with some skis? I'm a little bumbed my skis haven't arrived yet...I'm not too worried, we have plenty of winter left.
Dora Nine is online now Find More Posts by Dora Nine