HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2007, 11:47 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
[QUOTE=Deepguy]
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000

Oh I'd like to try this moter in a Mini Pulse XT.
Also looking forward to this Tayler Craft.
Glad to learn....I will PM you as soon as I get my BP A2217-9
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2007, 01:38 PM
WAA-08 Pilot Eventually
Darien,IL,USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,570 Posts
John,
I would like to attend I-Hobby and meet you at the Horizon booth to personally congratulate and thank you for your dedication and support.
What days will you be there so I can plan accordingly.
I hope that you guys won't miss a great marketing opportunity. Have the Taylorcraft on display!!!
Let us know the dates,
Thanks John,
Don Jiskra
AMA B247-777
Woodland Aero Modelers
Downers Grove,IL
donjiskra is offline Find More Posts by donjiskra
Old Oct 08, 2007, 03:49 PM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
I will be at I-Hobby on both Saturday and Sunday. The new Taylorcraft will be on display!!

John
John Redman is offline Find More Posts by John Redman
Old Oct 08, 2007, 03:50 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Redman
I will be at I-Hobby on both Saturday and Sunday. The new Taylorcraft will be on display!!

John
Just display?? No Sale???
Old Oct 08, 2007, 04:24 PM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,222 Posts
Don,

Bring your digital and take lots of pictures to post.

dawg
r/cdawg is online now Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Oct 08, 2007, 05:06 PM
WAA-08 Pilot Eventually
Darien,IL,USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,570 Posts
Guys,
The I-Hobby expo will be at the Donald Steven's Center, Rosemont.IL.
Just a short distance, East of O'Hare Airport on October 18th Thursday through the 21st Sunday.
Here's a link thanks to www.blingo.com :

http://www.ihobbyexpo.com/

I plan on going on Saturday the 20th and cerainly will bring my digital camera.
Can't make it on the 21st, as I'm the Event Director for our club's "Fun Fly" that day.

Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Flying (E-Flite particularly),
Don

BTW: Ordered the Taylorcraft today.
You too can at: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdId=EFL2625
donjiskra is offline Find More Posts by donjiskra
Last edited by donjiskra; Oct 08, 2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: new info
Old Oct 08, 2007, 05:21 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
Quote:
It is interesting to read this thread for the first time. Been pretty busy with other projects.

The outline on this T-craft is dead on, but it has the incorrect trim scheme. We wanted to give a more classic trim scheme on this model and hence the one it comes with. This model is a reduced version of the older Hangar 9 Taylorcraft that was out a number of years ago. The real aircraft that it is modeled after lives out on the west coast, and was modified as you see it. The real bird has only one seat (we added two in our kit) and has the modified tail group for better aerobatics (we kept that because I knew you guys wanted to rock the house).
Since I'm the one that carped about the outline, I'd love to know the identity of the actual plane you modeled. The one whose color scheme it is wearing is a full span, no modified tail surfaces T-Craft F-21 airplane: http://www.airliners.net/open.file?i...next_id=NEXTID

That plane, as you say, has a fairly "classic" trim scheme even if it's a recent build (the F series or Feris series were part of a relatively recent attempt to restart Taylorcraft production - say 25 years ago).
Quote:

We think the model is pretty light for the overall planform area. I guess it is all in how you look at it. There is a very large amount of wetted area for this sized model.

Thanks for all the support on this model, I think you will like it. It knife edges great to say the least.

Take care,

John Redman
E-Flite Product Developer
Yeah, a true scale fuselage of a light plane tends to have way more wetted area than most models. That is one of the remarkable things about T-crafts - faster than Cubs on the same power, even with that side-by-side fuselage.

Good to see you didn't cheat there.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Oct 08, 2007, 05:30 PM
Joined Aug 2006
1,551 Posts
This is one superb looking model. What a great choice by E-Flite.

Fokker Ace is offline Find More Posts by Fokker Ace
Old Oct 09, 2007, 09:33 AM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
I will check and see where the actual clipped wing bird is living now. I know the Hangar 9 guys did it on this one aircraft (wherever it is currently) because of its trim scheme and being so rare. It is a single seater, larger engine, and the tweaked control surfaces. Suposadly made it a pretty sweet aerobatic little bird.John

That plane flew so good, it was just a bit easier for me to rework that cad then redesign and entire new bird. All in all it uis strange how the T-craft is faster than a Cub, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Wasn't aware the trim scheme was around 25 years old. We picked 6 and this is the one that won out. We really wanted to doa cream colored bird, and this one had the best lines we thought.

John
Old Oct 09, 2007, 09:45 AM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
The full scale version is owned by Harold Hansen who lives in Washington State. He is a freind of one of our VP's here at Horizon.

John
Old Oct 09, 2007, 12:46 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
Gee, then the airplane might be around here somewhere (I'm in the Seattle area). The N number would make it really easy to track down. Did you all use the real number on the bigger Hangar 9 airplane? I can't see an N number on the pics on the Horizon site.

Twenty-five years old, of course, is young for a Taylorcraft. The F-19 and F-21 were being built in the early 1980s. Most of them are from just before and just after the second world war.....making them more like 60 years old.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Oct 09, 2007, 03:53 PM
Who put that TREE there!!
Columbia, MO
Joined Dec 2005
622 Posts
I have to agree with everyone that does most of their flying outdoors, it seems there is "always" wind when I want to fly (not that I let that stop me) and having a model that can handle it better right out the box is all the better.

I just love the looks of this model, and if it can fly half that good...
JawaSnack is offline Find More Posts by JawaSnack
Last edited by JawaSnack; Oct 09, 2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 11:13 AM
Gravity gets me down.
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Oct 2004
2,056 Posts
Quote:

John
Wow!
Great news- I'll stop by and say hello with the throngs of others.
Yep- mine's on order. I'll be anxious to get a glimpse at your Texan too.

cheers,
'beat
wingbeat is online now Find More Posts by wingbeat
Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:27 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Wingbeat,

Love your avitor picture....you are making me hungry!
Old Oct 10, 2007, 01:29 PM
Who put that TREE there!!
Columbia, MO
Joined Dec 2005
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Wingbeat,

Love your avitor picture....you are making me hungry!

Those are called Smorkin' Mongers, and they're very cool, but I love the Smorkin' Labbits even more (I have a few as pilots in a few of my planes)

http://www.kidrobot.com/products2.cf...&typ=KIDROBOT#

http://www.kidrobot.com/products2.cf...&typ=KIDROBOT#
JawaSnack is offline Find More Posts by JawaSnack