HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2007, 02:50 PM
Jungmeister 55
Orlando Herndon, Florida, United States
Joined Sep 2002
3,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Redman
It is interesting to read this thread for the first time. Been pretty busy with other projects.

First off on the missing tailwheel. I caught the tail wheel wire in the car when I pulled it out, this in turn caused the keeper to come off. I did not have any CA with me to resecure it and when we flew from the track at the local college in a 10+ mph cross wind the tailwheel came off on one of the touch and go's. Flew the rest of it without it and didn't worry about it much.

The outline on this T-craft is dead on, but it has the incorrect trim scheme. We wanted to give a more classic trim scheme on this model and hence the one it comes with. This model is a reduced version of the older Hangar 9 Taylorcraft that was out a number of years ago. The real aircraft that it is modeled after lives out on the west coast, and was modified as you see it. The real bird has only one seat (we added two in our kit) and has the modified tail group for better aerobatics (we kept that because I knew you guys wanted to rock the house).

The plane flies very nice and is capable of any of the basic aerobatic manuevers. Because so many guys have installed 1020 Kv Park 480's on Mini Ultra Stick's and Mini Pulse's I conceeded and made the model capable of using either one. It doesn't need it, but you guys think all models should be doing mach 2, right? This is the perfect step up from either the Mini Pulse or Mini Ultra Stick as mentioned earlier in this thread.

We think the model is pretty light for the overall planform area. I guess it is all in how you look at it. There is a very large amount of wetted area for this sized model.

Thanks for all the support on this model, I think you will like it. It knife edges great to say the least.

Take care,

John Redman
E-Flite Product Developer
John it's great to have you share this good info with all of us on this thread.

E-Flite is certainly on the right track when it comes to quality small to medium size balsa ARF parkfliers. I own a Piper J-3 25 that's a dream to fly...and I'm sure the Taylorcraft will be another big success.

Are there any future plans for a balsa ARF Bucker Jungmeister bipe?...there are just no balsa ARF's of this plane in the parkflier size class...one of my all time favorites needless to say!!.

Gerry Rivera.
simano is offline Find More Posts by simano
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2007, 02:59 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
And you fly it so well too!!
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Oct 05, 2007, 03:55 PM
WAA-08 Pilot Eventually
Darien,IL,USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,570 Posts
John,
I appreciate your participation. Thanks for your support.
I second Gerry Rivera about the Jungmeister, WOW that would be great!!!
"Do it and THEY will come"
Don
donjiskra is offline Find More Posts by donjiskra
Old Oct 05, 2007, 04:24 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjiskra
John,
I appreciate your participation. Thanks for your support.
I second Gerry Rivera about the Jungmeister, WOW that would be great!!!
"Do it and THEY will come"
Don
Don,

Poor Gerry (Simano) had to resort to a "scratch" build job and here is his thread.......as you will notice we just don't have the time for "Scratch" building and it is taking a long time

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269119

The above is a 43 inch wing span Bucker Jungmeister and super light....at least that's how we been calculating it.

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Oct 05, 2007, 05:02 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Ha, ha yeah I'll third that request on the Jungmeister!

Yes sir John you guys just keep'em comming, and like the others I thank you for your professional input and info. I feel privleged to have you here.

I think the slogan for a popular snack fits well for Eflight :
Fly all you want, we'll make more!
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Oct 05, 2007, 05:27 PM
Joined Aug 2006
1,551 Posts
I appreciate the size of this plane. Big enough for good flying but uses batteries most of us already have a few of and components that don't cost too much. And I'd probably use the 450 motor as I think it will be more than enough for this one.
Fokker Ace is offline Find More Posts by Fokker Ace
Old Oct 05, 2007, 06:21 PM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
Thanks for the nice comments guys. Don't worry there are plenty more where these came from. I will say my plate is full for the next few days.

I understand the getting to the basement more than the flying field.

The 450 is plenty for this model, but you know how some of the guys are, if it isn't going mach 2 it's not moving at all.

I'll be here to help you guys out when I can. If any of you are at JR Indoor, E-Fest, SEFF, or probably NEAT look me up. I'll be the one who has lost all of his sanity pumping out E-Flite birds for the masses. And believe me, I don't have a whole lot of sanity to go around.

John
John Redman is offline Find More Posts by John Redman
Old Oct 05, 2007, 06:32 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokker Ace
I appreciate the size of this plane. Big enough for good flying but uses batteries most of us already have a few of and components that don't cost too much. And I'd probably use the 450 motor as I think it will be more than enough for this one.
Yes indeed the E-Flite 450 (EFLM 1400) that delivers 890kv would be perfect, however, it "is" a little pricy (certainly of high quality) but, I have just ordered this motor that is the same diameter, a little heavier and just a tad more Kv and the price is just $20 !!!

It's the new BP Hobbies A2217-9 Outrunner!

It is a "New" item at BP Hobbies:
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...7&pid=B2632605

Here's the P-Calc estimates swinging the APC "Slow Flyer" 9 X 6 and 3-cells Li-POLYs with CC ThunderBird 18 AMP ESC.

BP Hobbies just got them in STOCK! (Limited Quantities!!!!!!!)
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Last edited by guapoman2000; Oct 06, 2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2007, 05:32 AM
Mansell Models
United States, UT, Layton
Joined May 2004
1,348 Posts
When a friend emailed me the link to this bird. I did not even hesitate to back order it. This bird will definitely be a showstopper at my field. I am very excited for this bird. I have always been partial to the Taylorcraft. It is twice the plane a Cub would ever be. The Taylorcraft never really got the credit it deserved. Thank you E-flite. I like the fact that when E-flite designed this Kit it has a symmetrical airfoil like the real one. I can't wait to get out to the field and do Knife Edge and low inverted passes along with Touch and Go's. If it is anything like the full size one it will do awesome round loops. To top that, it should have some nice vertical for some beautiful Hammerhead stalls. This bird is going to Rock! I sure love the great detail that is in this kit. The weight is right on. At least I won't have to worry about the wind blowing it away when I am flying in 10+ mph wind. It is going to be a beautiful scale aerobatic bird, just like the real one. Way to Go E-flite.

Tom
N827TM is offline Find More Posts by N827TM
Old Oct 07, 2007, 06:18 AM
WAA-08 Pilot Eventually
Darien,IL,USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,570 Posts
Tom,
You are right on!!
I second your comments precisely.
Don
donjiskra is offline Find More Posts by donjiskra
Old Oct 07, 2007, 07:41 AM
Joined Oct 2006
675 Posts
Quote:
The 450 is plenty for this model, but you know how some of the guys are, if it isn't going mach 2 it's not moving at all.
I plan to put a 480 in this bird for really no other reason than I have one laying around. It came out of my Mini Pulse that I "Brain Glitched" into the ground on a landing. I rarely flew the MP full throttle but it sure was nice to have the power when I needed it!

Gary.
gsk11740 is offline Find More Posts by gsk11740
Old Oct 07, 2007, 09:23 AM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,228 Posts
Quote:

Thanks for all the support on this model, I think you will like it.

Take care,

John Redman
E-Flite Product Developer
Hi John,
Thanks for joining in on the discussion about the Taylorcraft. I'd like to say I appreciate Eflite's efforts to constantly improve and provide a variety in your products. Your most recent products (I'm currently flying the Extra 260 480 arf) have been outstanding and very reasonably priced.

My first thoughts for the Taylorcraft are to put it on floats. I plan to install a rear hardpoint and scratch build a set of balsa floats. The lightweight construction should provide for a nice flying model.

dawg
r/cdawg is offline Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Oct 08, 2007, 08:17 AM
Oklahoma
Joined Dec 2004
19 Posts
Thanks for alternate motor and information for it

[QUOTE=guapoman2000]

Yes indeed the E-Flite 450 (EFLM 1400) that delivers 890kv would be perfect, however, it "is" a little pricy (certainly of high quality) but, I have just ordered this motor that is the same diameter, a little heavier and just a tad more Kv and the price is just $20 !!!

Oh I'd like to try this moter in a Mini Pulse XT.
Also looking forward to this Tayler Craft.
Deepguy is offline Find More Posts by Deepguy
Old Oct 08, 2007, 08:40 AM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
Putting the Taylorcraft on floats would be great. I am sure it would work out very well. Any of you guys going to the I-Hobby show in Chicago during the middle of the month? If so look me up, I'll be in the Horizon booth, enjoying the conversations.

Johnn
John Redman is offline Find More Posts by John Redman
Old Oct 08, 2007, 11:41 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,904 Posts
I finally waded through this entire thread. Chuck's comment about the AUW got my attention. This is not a foamy 3D thing but a semi-scale T-Craft. Extremely light weight has its place in windless areas or indoor flying. Those of us living in the real world experience wind! I fly my electrics in any kind of wind and prefer a bit more weight. Was interesting landing my 4S EBT in 20mph winds yesterday. I had to hold throttle to keep from flying backards!
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn