Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 01, 2013, 03:29 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyafan1975 View Post
I wonder why eflite recommends the 12x6 for the hop up with the 480?
I have no idea,,,if you want to prop hang the thing then go ahead lol,,,mine has tons of power with a 10 x 7,,takes off in a few feet,,thats why i say might work well with the 9 x 7
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:40 PM
Joined Jun 2008
666 Posts
What are some of you guys using with the 480 eflite prop-wise? I don't want to run something to big but it does show 12x6 on the eflite site. Thanks guys
tamiyafan1975 is offline Find More Posts by tamiyafan1975
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:41 AM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
wood 10x7
perfect match
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:55 AM
meridian, idaho
Joined Mar 2010
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
wood 10x7
perfect match
Another vote for the 10x7 wood
overthebars is offline Find More Posts by overthebars
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:14 AM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Might I add that I usually fly at about 1/4 throttle and I will use maybe 3/4 throttle to hold a real nice knife edge. Mine won't go unlimited vertical with that motor and prop combo but it will go vertical just long enough for me with this plane :-)
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:29 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Ye i use the 10 x 7 but recon the 9 x 7 would be nice for scale flight,,,not good for vert power but nice cruise power and should be longer flights ,,not tried it though
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:57 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
Might I add that I usually fly at about 1/4 throttle and I will use maybe 3/4 throttle to hold a real nice knife edge. Mine won't go unlimited vertical with that motor and prop combo but it will go vertical just long enough for me with this plane :-)
Same here using a wood 10x7 prop on the E-Flite 480 - 1/4 to 1/2 throttle for scale flight and less then full throttle for long knife edge. I find that full throttle is enough for big loops and decent height hammerheads but not unlimited vertical.

I am not sure there is much of any clearance with the plane on the ground moving fast enough to hold the tail up to avoid a prop strike with a prop much larger than 10".

Freddy
Fredriksson is online now Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Last edited by Fredriksson; Mar 03, 2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:06 AM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredriksson View Post
Same here using a wood 10x7 prop on the E-Flite 480 - 1/4 to 1/2 throttle for scale flight and less then full throttle for long knife edge. I find that full throttle is enough for big loops and decent height hammerheads but not unlimited vertical.

I am not sure there is much of any clearance with the plane on the ground moving fast enough to hold the tail up to avoid a prop strike with a prop much larger than 10".

Freddy
I've run 11x7 for ages. No issues. I do have slightly larger wheels, but not huge. I can't remember, maybe 2.5"? It does LOOK very large though, but I like the huge flight envelope it provides (i.e. lots of thrust when I want it).

-Jay
CyberJay is offline Find More Posts by CyberJay
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:03 PM
Cats can fly!
Joined Jun 2012
148 Posts
I just bought this kit today. The quality is flawless. Probably the best Eflite ARF I've ever had as far as QC is concerned. What a relief....after reading the early posts in this thread, I was expecting I'd be leaving it at the LHS for someone else.
If it performs as good as it looks, I'll be very happy.
neon the cat is offline Find More Posts by neon the cat
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:15 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon the cat View Post
You will be happy.

Freddy
Fredriksson is online now Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:17 AM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,042 Posts
Quote:
I just bought this kit today. The quality is flawless. Probably the best Eflite ARF I've ever had as far as QC is concerned. What a relief....after reading the early posts in this thread, I was expecting I'd be leaving it at the LHS for someone else.
Pay attention once you get it all together. It used to be pretty common for the wing to have a twist in it. Both of mine did. It's easy to fix, but I wouldn't call it flawless. Also, flow some CA over the firewall joints. It's pretty common for the motor box to come off even without a crash.

-Jay
CyberJay is offline Find More Posts by CyberJay
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:29 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Well, i will say the flight is flawless
Old Mar 09, 2013, 05:06 PM
Cats can fly!
Joined Jun 2012
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJay View Post
Pay attention once you get it all together. It used to be pretty common for the wing to have a twist in it. Both of mine did. It's easy to fix, but I wouldn't call it flawless. Also, flow some CA over the firewall joints. It's pretty common for the motor box to come off even without a crash.

-Jay
Thank you, Jay, but the wings are straight as a string!

The kit is going together with minimal effort. There is even a decent amount of glue on the joints that are visible. I think I will still reinforce the LG woodwork. I did that on my Mini PulseXT and my RV-9, as my landing skills are mediocre at best.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:50 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Thank you, Jay, but the wings are straight as a string!

The kit is going together with minimal effort. There is even a decent amount of glue on the joints that are visible. I think I will still reinforce the LG woodwork. I did that on my Mini PulseXT and my RV-9, as my landing skills are mediocre at best.
Glue that motor box inside and out,,,too many have come loose,,better safe than sorry dude.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:01 PM
Cats can fly!
Joined Jun 2012
148 Posts
Well, my TC-450 is complete! It balanced right in the middle of the CG range as per the manual with a 2200 mah Gens Ace lipo. I did have to relieve the battery hatch magnet support to get the battery in. I'm glad the CG was correct with the battery in a comfortable place, as the space is pretty tight.
Now if the weather around here ever clears....the maiden awaits!