HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:38 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthebars View Post
I asked her yesterday if she had an extra flour sieve in the kitchen, she said "No, why?". I just walked away and said, "never mind..."

Bummer... oh well, a quick trip to the grocery store will take care of that one.
Push the mesh out of the siv and squash it flat with some books over night,,,make a paper template behind the cowl and cut the mesh in one piece so the mesh lines match all the same or it will look bad,,i just used 10 min epoxy as its not easy to glue mesh.
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:56 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,750 Posts
I used hot glue. Works perfect. It will let go if you fly below 10 degrees F or so but most people don't do that anyway so it shouldn't matter :-)
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Last edited by ty_horn; Jan 18, 2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:36 PM
meridian, idaho
Joined Mar 2010
148 Posts
Quick question guys.... when you installed your wings, did the trailing edge sit right down into the fuse nice and easy? On mine it seems that once I insert the dowels the wing sits up above the fuse over an inch and I feel it needs to be "forced" too much to get the screws installed.

I'm thinking about drilling the dowel holes out until the wing sits into the fuse easier.

Thanks.
overthebars is offline Find More Posts by overthebars
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:15 AM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,750 Posts
They should sit down flush real nice and easy. I wonder why yours isn't doing that... something must be not quite right.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:32 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
They should sit down flush real nice and easy. I wonder why yours isn't doing that... something must be not quite right.
Ty's correct. You'll probably need to elongate the holes on the header in the fuselage.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:11 PM
meridian, idaho
Joined Mar 2010
148 Posts
Thanks guys, I'll get em drilled out.
overthebars is offline Find More Posts by overthebars
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:09 PM
Manassas, Virginia
Joined May 2008
425 Posts
The dowel holes were too tight in my model also, so I enlarged them slightly.
GCplane is offline Find More Posts by GCplane
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:17 PM
T-28 abuser
United States, NY, New Paltz
Joined May 2009
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCplane View Post
The dowel holes were too tight in my model also, so I enlarged them slightly.
I had to enlarge mine also.
bigstatik is offline Find More Posts by bigstatik
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:01 PM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,750 Posts
tailwheels are supposed to be back in stock by the end of this month. FYI. I am going to get one for sure.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:54 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
A month or two back a group of photographers was at the field, and this weekend a buddy told me about a pic they took of my tcraft that day on their site. I thought it was a pretty good shot, just before a three point touchdown....Check it out.

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:02 PM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,750 Posts
these birds sure are purrrrrrrdy
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:00 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,094 Posts
The E-Flite Taylorcraft 450 is a gorgeous aircraft and your picture, Mendo, is a really nice one. The looks of the TC is what caught my eye the first time I saw it and I had to own one. Here are a couple of my favorite pics of my TC. Looks just like the others pretty much, but I have recently added a couple custom decals to set mine apart. The 3rd pic shows the new decals.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:45 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredriksson View Post
The E-Flite Taylorcraft 450 is a gorgeous aircraft and your picture, Mendo, is a really nice one. The looks of the TC is what caught my eye the first time I saw it and I had to own one. Here are a couple of my favorite pics of my TC. Looks just like the others pretty much, but I have recently added a couple custom decals to set mine apart. The 3rd pic shows the new decals.

Freddy
Freddy, some very nice pics! The Taylorcraft logo on the tail is nice too. I have to point out that the pic taken of my tcraft was by a fellow who is a member of a local photography group that stopped by that day and all the credit is his. I was sent a link to it by another guy I fly with, I had no idea what pictures they took and this one is as he posted it.

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/phot...192454192.jpeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:48 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
I also am staggered that mine does not look as filthy as it is, it has not been wiped down for months, and spent all winter flying off a muddy soaking wet grass field. Its grimey to put it mildly.

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:10 PM
Manassas, Virginia
Joined May 2008
425 Posts
The taylorcraft is also my favorite float plane. I snatched the first photo from a SD video so it is not as crisp.
GCplane is offline Find More Posts by GCplane