SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:52 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Flew the tcraft today, finally had a beautiful day ( cold though ) and of course forgot to take the hatcam.....I was showing off a bit and nailed a lomecevak into hover at about 20 feet that I wish would have been caught on film, along with the rest of the flight. I think it would have done nicely as an answer to the occasional " how aerobatic is it " and " how strong is it " questions that are often asked in this thread. I love the little tcraft, and when properly abused I have only found a few 3D tricks that it just wont do ( with me at the sticks, in someone betters hands it might ) but it will do most of them, as well as imac, and then settle into scale slow touch and go fun. It always goes in the truck when Im going to the field, my favorite all around plane hands down, whether Im just puttering around on gopher patrol and shooting touch and goes or doing knife edge passes on the deck....The RC swiss army knife.

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:56 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo View Post
They make a lightweight park size tailwheel setup thats carbon fiber. Ill link it....

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/store...roducts_id=111

These are the way to go.

Mendo
Now that's a good looking assembly!

CR
Charley38 is offline Find More Posts by Charley38
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:42 PM
meridian, idaho
Joined Mar 2010
148 Posts
Whew!! Just finished reading all 297 pages of this thread over the last two weeks. Good lord, is this the longest running plane on the market or what?? (2007 to 2012) Nice job E-Flite!

I am so excited to get it built that I went ahead and ordered all of the parts so they will be here shortly after the kit. I will just take the time to build her up with all of the modifications I have learned from all of the other members input.

Thanks again to all who contributed.... this thread is definitely the most positive, valuable one I have encountered in years of being a part of RCGroups.

Park 480
Exceed 40 amp ESC (newer version with 3 amp switch mode BEC)
Spektrum 6210
Hitec HS-65HB
10x7 Zoar
2.75" Reals tires
Extreme flight tail wheel assembly
overthebars is offline Find More Posts by overthebars
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:13 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthebars View Post
Whew!! Just finished reading all 297 pages of this thread over the last two weeks. Good lord, is this the longest running plane on the market or what?? (2007 to 2012) Nice job E-Flite!

I am so excited to get it built that I went ahead and ordered all of the parts so they will be here shortly after the kit. I will just take the time to build her up with all of the modifications I have learned from all of the other members input.

Thanks again to all who contributed.... this thread is definitely the most positive, valuable one I have encountered in years of being a part of RCGroups.

Park 480
Spektrum 6210
Hitec HS-65HB
10x7 Zoar
2.75" Reals tires
I apologise for suffering through a few of my posts ( like the one above ) had a really good day flying before most of them lol. Nice setup you picked as well, you will love the tcraft. Which park 480 did you get, the 910 or 1020kv? What battery packs?

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:34 PM
meridian, idaho
Joined Mar 2010
148 Posts
Quote:
I apologise for suffering through a few of my posts ( like the one above ) had a really good day flying before most of them lol. Nice setup you picked as well, you will love the tcraft. Which park 480 did you get, the 910 or 1020kv? What battery packs?

Mendo
Thanks!
I ordered the 1020kv motor. I have a slew of 3s 2200mah packs (Rhino & NanoTech), so I plan on using them and upgrading the battery tray.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:27 PM
Short Circuit Creator
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Joined Nov 2004
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredriksson View Post
That is a good looking tail wheel. Is that the Extreme Flight tail wheel?

Freddy
It's the smaller of the Sullivan series tail wheel assembly's. As tough as old boots and will last forever. I have one that is now 13 years old and has seen 5 different models.
Crashem Dave is offline Find More Posts by Crashem Dave
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:32 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashem Dave View Post
It's the smaller of the Sullivan series tail wheel assembly's. As tough as old boots and will last forever. I have one that is now 13 years old and has seen 5 different models.
Thanks Dave. And to all of the other options. It is nice to know there are some options. I lost my tail wheel once. A fellow flyer found it and returned it to me. I have not lost it since, but I may need some alternatives some day.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:54 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthebars View Post

Park 480
Spektrum 6210
Hitec HS-65HB
10x7 Zoar
2.75" Reals tires
Perfect setup.
I have the same stuff in mine. I haven't done anything with my tail wheel or main gear yet but I got all excited when I saw you all talking about Reals... I have some of them on a few of my planes and whenever they come up in conversation, nobody else knows what the heck I am talking about :-) I love them.
By the way, I still have a set of replacement wings and tail section for my TC that HH sent me when I called because my control surface hinges were glued solid but I have never used them. I am almost tempted to build another TC simply because it is soooooo purdy! ha ha. Have fun with yours!
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:55 PM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Hey, where do you all get your Reals from?
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:11 PM
meridian, idaho
Joined Mar 2010
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
Hey, where do you all get your Reals from?
I like the look of the reals, and the fact that they have "give" to them like real tires, and the vinyl compound they are made from supposedly last longer than the foam Dubro's.

I just got mine (2.75") from Hobby Lobby:
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/2_3_4_whe..._1015_prd1.htm
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:22 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Perfect setup.
I have the same stuff in mine. I haven't done anything with my tail wheel or main gear yet but I got all excited when I saw you all talking about Reals... I have some of them on a few of my planes and whenever they come up in conversation, nobody else knows what the heck I am talking about :-) I love them.
By the way, I still have a set of replacement wings and tail section for my TC that HH sent me when I called because my control surface hinges were glued solid but I have never used them. I am almost tempted to build another TC simply because it is soooooo purdy! ha ha. Have fun with yours!
Ty make me a deal on that wing and tail!!! I have a spare fuse that arrived partially crushed and was replaced by HH, I have been looking for a spare good wing for quite a while and had no luck. Send me a PM if you will consider it.

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:48 AM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Quote:
Ty make me a deal on that wing and tail!!! I have a spare fuse that arrived partially crushed and was replaced by HH, I have been looking for a spare good wing for quite a while and had no luck. Send me a PM if you will consider it.

Mendo
You know, the funny thing is I am trying to thin out my RC stuff and sell a few things here and there but I just can't seem to part with those 2 items. I had a bad landing once that tore up my landing gear and scuffed a wing pretty good and that made me realize how much I didn't want my TC to get all beat up. I kind of want to keep those spare parts on hand in case I have a bad crash some day and need to rebuild the plane. What I really need is a spare fuse I will keep it in mind though... You never know, I might change my mind! ha
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:47 AM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
You know, the funny thing is I am trying to thin out my RC stuff and sell a few things here and there but I just can't seem to part with those 2 items. I had a bad landing once that tore up my landing gear and scuffed a wing pretty good and that made me realize how much I didn't want my TC to get all beat up. I kind of want to keep those spare parts on hand in case I have a bad crash some day and need to rebuild the plane. What I really need is a spare fuse I will keep it in mind though... You never know, I might change my mind! ha

Hahahaha! If I had a nickel for every time.......It seems every single one of us is like minded about any spares for the little tcraft. I dont blame you a bit. I have already come to the conclusion that I have to buy another tcraft for when my current one is worn out. I cant seem to pry any spares loose from fellow modelers as they are wise to the value of said spares.....

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:33 AM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
I know... I bet if we asked, many of the people on these forums probably have a plane or two ready to be built but just haven't had the time to do it. But then something new comes out and they somehow find time to buy it and build it. The whole time they are thinking that they need to build the plane that they bought 3 years ago. ha ha
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:29 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,556 Posts
Quote:
Hahahaha! If I had a nickel for every time.......It seems every single one of us is like minded about any spares for the little tcraft. I dont blame you a bit. I have already come to the conclusion that I have to buy another tcraft for when my current one is worn out. I cant seem to pry any spares loose from fellow modelers as they are wise to the value of said spares.....
Mendo
I was going to cave in and sell you my spare wings UNTIL I looked @ the replacement cost. Holy ... . Been in the box for going on 4 years? I just know as soon as they're sold I'll cartwheel down the runway.

Dan
deckert is online now Find More Posts by deckert