to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:10 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJay View Post
Used to be $550. Luckily I got mine in mint condition used for significantly less.

-Jay
Lucky I got mine for $850 RTF with digital servos plus, packs, rcvr, blah blah Zenoah etc etc. from a test for a magazine. Still sitting in the closet. Never flown by me. Right place-right time. Got LUCKY!

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:50 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,094 Posts
Wow, had to go back 5 pages to find this thread. Spring appears to be here in Western Kentucky. Winds should be under 5 mph this afternoon with 60F temp. Such a bummer that I have so much to do that I probably will not be able to go flying. It has been several months that it has been cold and windy. Oh well, clocks are changing tomorrow which means twilight will be 1 hour later giving more daylight. Good flying weather is ahead and I am sure I will be catching some soon and get my TC in the air for another season. I even have some new Gens Ace 3S 1300mAh 25C LIPo's sitting ready to charge up and use. I am expecting them to be better than the 2 year old Turnigy 20C LiPo's.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Mar 10, 2012, 01:50 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
I need to get out and fly my tcraft, Ive been to busy stuffing all kinds of spektrum telemetry gizmos in it.........
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:48 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,750 Posts
Flew mine yesterday for the first time in 4 months and man it felt great. I still need to figure out a better way to hold my battery in place though. I know that people have posted pics of theirs so I just need to get to looking I guess.
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:55 PM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,750 Posts
Just curious... what have you all moved on since the TC thread has been kind of slow for several months. I am kind of wondering what the next plane was that everyone bought :-)
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:59 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
3dhs has my bank account begging for mercy of late.....
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:12 AM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
Just curious... what have you all moved on since the TC thread has been kind of slow for several months. I am kind of wondering what the next plane was that everyone bought :-)
I still fly and like my TC 450.

I've been flying a Flying Balsa Doozy auto gyro quite a bit. I also just picked up the Parkzone Icon A5.

I would still classify my Toledo Special and Taylorcraft 450 as my favorite airplanes.

My new Taylorcraft 20cc is on the bench waiting for me to get the electric conversion done to it. Won't take too much work, I just need to get off my butt and do it.

Click on my blog for all my aircraft in roughly the order I've owned them. New TC isn't up there since it's not done yet.

-Jay
CyberJay is online now Find More Posts by CyberJay
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:01 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,925 Posts
+1 for Toledo special
DavidN is online now Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:05 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,607 Posts
Quote:
I'm working on Pat Trittles Cessna 172 short kit. I don't think I've even maidened my new TC. I dumped the 450 motor and went with Motrolfly. Lousy weather here in SE Wa. Horrible wind with cold mixed in.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:43 AM
Rust: The poor man's Loctite.
State College PA
Joined Jul 2002
1,093 Posts
My TC is still in frequent rotation. I even have a NIB unbuilt spare. It's a great plane to walk over to the soccer field with when I don't feel like driving to the big field. Flying it along with my Eflite Pitts, Rhapsody, Eratix, 3DHS 47" Extra, Hyperion Samson Pitts and and some H9 planes I have to re-outfit.
I think I'll trick the TC up a little this year. Add a hundred watts and extend the control surfaces 3/4" inch.
TomM is online now Find More Posts by TomM
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wood shavings
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:14 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Is anyone here interested in a new fuse? ( My tcraft arrived with 2 broken formers and HH replaced it ) I have been keeping an eye out for someone selling a wing and planning on picking up the rest to make another tcraft from HH but havent seen one pop up in the last couple months, so maybe its time to make more room in the kit stash and get rid of the spare fuse ( then I can replace the tcraft box with something else with the wife none the wiser! ) Hit me up if you have a need for a replacement fuse.

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:07 PM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,750 Posts
Mendo,
I might actually think about that spare fuse of yours... I have a spare set of wings and tail because when I bought my TC a couple years ago the control surfaces were glued so badly that I called HH and they sent me a new wing and tail. BUT, I was so impatient that I built the plane anyway and just cut the hinges out and re-glued them. It looks like if you and I put our parts together, we would have a complete plane :-) The problem is that I don't really need a 2nd TC and I should spend my money on a completely different plane rather than buying a fuse for my spare TC parts bin. :-)
Still thinking..
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:38 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Mendo,
I might actually think about that spare fuse of yours... I have a spare set of wings and tail because when I bought my TC a couple years ago the control surfaces were glued so badly that I called HH and they sent me a new wing and tail. BUT, I was so impatient that I built the plane anyway and just cut the hinges out and re-glued them. It looks like if you and I put our parts together, we would have a complete plane :-) The problem is that I don't really need a 2nd TC and I should spend my money on a completely different plane rather than buying a fuse for my spare TC parts bin. :-)
Still thinking..
Well, Im not opposed to a spare tcraft, but havent found anyone with a wing for sale, let alone the tail ( which is cheap enough I figgured I would have to snag one from HH anyway ) If you are interested in selling the wing and tail Im interested, and if not, you are welcome to the fuse. It does not really matter to me either way, although having a tcraft that doesnt have a ton of telemetry in it that I wouldnt be as concerned about when it came to stressing the airframe would be nice. Either way let me know, Im open to getting rid of the fuse, or buying the wings/tail, your call.

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:07 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,094 Posts
My TC has not been flown since New Year's Eve. After that it got cold and windy here in Western Kentucky. Winds have finally let up and when the rain stops I will be ready to fly. Looks like Sunday will be the day. I have some new Gens Ace 3S 1300mAh 25C LiPo's to try. I have heard lots of good things about the Gens Ace and have 3 2200mAh's that I tried near the end of last season in my 3DHS Extra 300 and had lots more power with the Gens Ace LiPo's. I am looking forward to getting the TC back up in the air.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson