HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2008, 06:22 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby888
I was looking for a taylorcraft but din't find any. Just similar airplane I don't know the type of this one.
Looks like a Cessna 140 to me-try ohyesrc.com-Ultrafly balsa model.
Sisyphus is offline Find More Posts by Sisyphus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2008, 08:36 PM
Modesto, California USA
Joined Jan 2004
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Sorry, old eyes: I could only guess that 2 INCHES in diameter would be about right, but as I've not built mine, yet, maybe someone else can help.

IF this is the same motor, you will love it!
I use a Dubro 1 3/4 inch black spinner, fits perfect.
A 2 inch would cover the air inlets on the cowl
Holtenbacker is offline Find More Posts by Holtenbacker
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:00 PM
USA, IL, Malta
Joined Jan 2004
745 Posts
Got one...

Finally got mine today. One showed up at my LHS and he let it go for $120.
The ARFs are starting to pile up in the basement....

-Rocko
rockom is offline Find More Posts by rockom
Old Jul 25, 2008, 04:05 PM
Roseville, CA
Joined May 2005
249 Posts
Maidened mine today. Knocked off the landing gear and took some of the covering as well.I remember reading about the colors, I believe it was ultracote cream. Does anybody have a number handy? I've started going through the postings, but I suspect I'll be totally frustrated by the time i find it, and I want to go flying again tomorrow.
unloco2 is offline Find More Posts by unloco2
Old Jul 25, 2008, 04:39 PM
Who put that TREE there!!
Columbia, MO
Joined Dec 2005
622 Posts
Cream and Red Ultracote.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HANU866
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HANU878
JawaSnack is offline Find More Posts by JawaSnack
Old Jul 28, 2008, 09:29 PM
Oh - yeah, I meant to do that
Central NY
Joined Feb 2008
250 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I finally maiden my T-craft and I love it. To date I have about 6 flights on it and it flies great. Based on some comments on here I was concerned about how it would fly in any kind of wind, but I was pleasantly surprised on just how well it would handle 10-12 mph winds (using the 450).

e_airman
e_airman is offline Find More Posts by e_airman
Old Jul 28, 2008, 09:32 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,679 Posts
I sure hope hh gets them soon!
bobf is offline Find More Posts by bobf
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:19 PM
United States, NJ, Paramus
Joined Jun 2004
1,811 Posts
Hyperion

Hi All Would a Hyperion 3019/10 work well in the Taylorcraft??

http://www.allerc.com/z3019spec.htm

Thanks Dan
DBono99 is offline Find More Posts by DBono99
Old Jul 29, 2008, 05:38 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,152 Posts
12 MPH thats a good day here lol. but it will handle a lot of wind the only thing is it wants a lot of tail input on the landing
goldeneye007 is offline Find More Posts by goldeneye007
Old Jul 29, 2008, 05:44 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,473 Posts
Dan that motor is MUCH too large. The 2213 would be good "sport" power and the 3007 motors would be TONS of power.

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2008, 08:21 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Jul 2006
1,563 Posts
Broke the 25 flight mark. Tonight the winds were light and variable and it was a beautiful night to fly! I'm flying mine with the 480 outrunner 3s 2100 Lipo, 11x7 Zinger prop, wooden for a more scale look, and it has more than enough power. Cruise is at a little under 1/2 throttle so there's plenty of power for scale aerobatics. The Taylorcraft is rapidly becoming my "Go To" and "Warm up" plane!
Taylorman is offline Find More Posts by Taylorman
Old Jul 29, 2008, 09:38 PM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,462 Posts
Does anyone know how the Mini Pulse flies in comparison to the E-Flite Taylorcraft?
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:09 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Jul 2006
1,563 Posts
I have both and each looks and flies very well.

Both are very stable in flight and suitable for sport aerobatics or just flying lazy patterns.

On landing, the Mini Pulse seems to want to float forever. The Taylorcraft likes a nice descending approach and seems to be easier to do precision landings with. On the recommended high rates, both are very responsive.

The Taylorcraft seems to handle the wind a little better than the Mini-Pulse (up to 10 MPH).

With good Throttle management, and a TP 3s 2100 Lipo, I can get a good 15 minutes flight with each.

I fly my Mini-Pulse with the Eflite 450 outrunner and my Taylorcraft with the 480 outrunner. Although I fly the Taylorcraft "Scale", it has more than enough power for a little excitement. The Mini-Pulse can be docile and exciting as well.

Being tail draggers, ROG with the Taylorcraft needs more rudder input to prevent ground loops and for directional control both on the TO roll and climb out.

Both planes stall straight ahead without dropping a wing.

IMHO, they're both good planes for the intermediate pilot
Taylorman is offline Find More Posts by Taylorman
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:27 PM
Huntley, IL.
Joined Jul 2007
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan
Does anyone know how the Mini Pulse flies in comparison to the E-Flite Taylorcraft?
I have both if you want my $0.02 ... mini Pulse I put in the recommended Park 450, a Park 480 in the Tcraft. The Tcraft ... flies better coordinated (ie., needs a little rudder), any bank past about 35-40 deg and the nose drops like a rock, it rolls and loops fine, looks great on slow fly-bys. Do I do much more with it than that? Not really. With it's straight and short-ish wing it requires a little bit of attention, but not bad.

The mini Pulse ... I enjoy it much more. I don't even need to touch the rudder, seems to fly so smooth you'd think you were watching a river of chocolate. Yet if you want to have fun with it, it can give it to ya' without any worries. Tight horizontal figure 8s, loops and rolls of course, hammerheads, etc. It never seems to be uncoordinated, stalls are straight and soft (never stalled the Tcraft, sorry, can't compare there) if you can get it to stall.

Maybe it's just me, but if I want to really relax yet have a little fun - I'd fly the mini Pulse in a second. Tcraft makes me think, which I don't always feel like doing, if that makes sense. Hope this helps.
greyrush is offline Find More Posts by greyrush
Old Jul 30, 2008, 06:33 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,462 Posts
Helps a lot. Thanks!
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan