HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:10 PM
USA, IN, Nineveh
Joined Apr 2002
2,404 Posts
I have about 20 flights on mine now.
I am really happy with it. I just have one problem.
I can't find any place on the plane to grab it with one hand to carry to the flight line when my TX is in the other hand. Every place that I try to pick it up is either a flimsy spot with covering over an open structure, or a pretty weak place on the plane. I tried to pick it up once by the landing gear and
just broke off the little skirts on the landing gear wire.

That is a pretty minor problem but I am going to have to find a better way to carry it one handed.

Tim
tdearth is offline Find More Posts by tdearth
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:14 PM
Hallowell, Maine
Joined Jan 2002
472 Posts
I grab mine at the left wing root up next to the cabin from the front with my right hand. That works for me and it keeps it balanced. I can carry my transmitter with my left hand and i stay balanced as well.

Jaybird
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird
Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:38 PM
Who put that TREE there!!
Columbia, MO
Joined Dec 2005
622 Posts
I pick mine up from the nose just behind the cowl (lots of wood there) and never had a problem yet...
JawaSnack is offline Find More Posts by JawaSnack
Old Jun 26, 2008, 01:57 PM
USA, IN, Nineveh
Joined Apr 2002
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird
I grab mine at the left wing root up next to the cabin from the front with my right hand. That works for me and it keeps it balanced. I can carry my transmitter with my left hand and i stay balanced as well.

Jaybird
I have tried that area. It just feels like I am going to poke my finger through the covering material. There is no wood backing there on the wing. it is just a covered span between the wing ribs.

Tim
Old Jun 26, 2008, 01:59 PM
USA, IN, Nineveh
Joined Apr 2002
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawaSnack
I pick mine up from the nose just behind the cowl (lots of wood there) and never had a problem yet...
That is probably the strongest area to grab it. I just don't like having my arm that close to the prop once the battery is connected and it is armed.

I connect the battery in the pits at our field and then carry the plane out to the runway.

Well, anyway I have a whole bunch of flights on it and it is a great plane to fly.

Tim
Old Jun 26, 2008, 02:02 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdearth
I have tried that area. It just feels like I am going to poke my finger through the covering material. There is no wood backing there on the wing. it is just a covered span between the wing ribs.

Tim
So balance it using one of the ribs as your support. Pick the one nearest the root. Works great and gives a good backing. You should always have something firm to back when you balance.

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by pda4you; Jun 26, 2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 08:37 PM
Joined Mar 2008
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashbug
I used the clear waterslide inkjet decal paper that is available from numerous sources on the net. I think I got mine on eBay a long time ago.

It worked great. Be sure to use the clear and not the white decal paper for this application.
I use Clear Decals from AVERY. Works good. Have a look!
Thank's again
Cubby888 is offline Find More Posts by Cubby888
Old Jun 26, 2008, 09:25 PM
Joined Mar 2008
36 Posts
About this one.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 01:07 AM
Pro Horder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,647 Posts
hey guys they are back in stock...I just got the first batch in today..so if your local hobby shop has one on order for you it will be in soon!
Scott
http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...7410295190.htm
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:34 PM
Maine
Joined Jul 2007
93 Posts
Well I got my T-craft from a hobby shop in Canada and I finally have started to put it together! Let you know how it goes later!!

Roland
Roland-KVMA is offline Find More Posts by Roland-KVMA
Old Jun 28, 2008, 08:23 PM
Joined Mar 2008
36 Posts
I like this one.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:33 AM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,782 Posts
Where in Canada did you get one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland-KVMA
Well I got my T-craft from a hobby shop in Canada and I finally have started to put it together! Let you know how it goes later!!

Roland
bobf is online now Find More Posts by bobf
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:34 AM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,782 Posts
Do you ship to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
hey guys they are back in stock...I just got the first batch in today..so if your local hobby shop has one on order for you it will be in soon!
Scott
http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...7410295190.htm
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:41 AM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,782 Posts
Trust me to get interested in plane where there is no stock?

I think this plane will go great with my Mini Pulse and goldberg super chipmounk 400.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 03:15 PM
Joined Dec 2007
40 Posts
Rates - Expo, what are you flying at?

Been following this thread for about a year now, it's been a huge help have finally completed my plane now.
I have triple rates on my radio and have set the throws as stated in the manual any suggestions on the expo on those rates? Whats everyone flying at?
Im coming up from a superstar EP with ailerons.
Thanks.
Flying Pez is offline Find More Posts by Flying Pez