Old Sep 26, 2007, 07:55 AM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Feb 2003
1,909 Posts
Discussion
Larger CP coax coming to market!

Ok, here is the link to thread in the video section:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742847

The link to the video was also included in the poll on larger coax's started by Caemen but I felt that this new heli needed a thread of it's own. As You can see, I'm quite excited by this....

So what do we know so far? Well we know some specs:
- 0.85 dia. EP coaxial rotor
- 2.5 kg
- powered by ONE 350/450w out runner motor
- 10mn. flight with 4S/1p 14.8 V 3300

We also know it is fully CP so it will handle the wind

We know it will lift 500g or so making it an ideal platform for video

We know it is expected in 2 months (although we are used to hearing similar claims that are rarelly met)

So this is what we know so far... Since I started counting my big bucks (and those in my daughters piggie bank), I managed to get additional info on an introductory price for a full RTF heli... It is planned at under 1000$! Keep in mind this is a fully RTF large size coax! Of course, it could be anywhere between 1$ and 999$ but should not be anything above 999$... They are also planning on lower price kit version where the buyer will probably be able to choose his own motor, reciever and such (and re-use his existing gear...), but I understand that this will come later as they want to be sure of the quality of flight of the first units to make it to market.

If anyone hears any rumours or gets other information, please post it here. Charly, please feel free to corect any of this and add more info (pics, videos, days until release, product discount coupons...........)

eric
CA'ed fingers is offline Find More Posts by CA'ed fingers
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2007, 08:05 AM
21st Century Space Cowboy
Chipping, Lancs, UK
Joined Oct 2006
2,935 Posts
...free beta testing...... etc.

Wonderful design!!
TachyonDriver is offline Find More Posts by TachyonDriver
Old Sep 26, 2007, 08:32 AM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Feb 2003
1,909 Posts
oh yes, forgot about that one...

I guess I'll volunteer for that one... Just trying to help!

eric
Old Sep 26, 2007, 10:51 AM
LV4 & HB CP2 Pilot
Liverpool, Merseyside, UK
Joined Jul 2007
614 Posts
Now I'm very interested...this could be a nice progression from my current aircraft if it comes out before the end of the year!

apmc2203 is offline Find More Posts by apmc2203
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:09 AM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,805 Posts
I'm glad this outdoor coaxial now has it's own thread. We need updated info as it happens! I'd say that I am in the majority here looking at the RTF kit offering, if in fact, that option will be available. Definitely not a noob beginner platform, but for us V3/BCX2/Walkera contra type nuts that have been flying for a while, should be easy enough to handle without breaking a lot of expensive parts Gotta start saving my pennies NOW!
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:21 AM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Feb 2003
1,909 Posts
I agree with you, I will opt for the RTF version also. In fact, since this heli will probably appeal more to those of us already flying coaxials and to beginners rather than the 3D heli jock, I wonder if it makes much sense for the manufacturer to offer the kit version.

At a 1000$ RTF I don't see anyone saving many dollars putting it together unless they already have the right gear availlable. By the time you buy the 450w brushless, the ESC, the lipo, servos and receiver (is there a gyro needed for this one?) + buy the kit which seems to have a lot of machined aluminium parts, you are looking at a cost of putting it together in the 1000$ ball park no? Not so for the manufacturer who can save from economies of scale...

It also makes a lot of sense for the manufacturer to stick with a simple business of 2 or 3 RTF models (they are already planning 2) + spare parts rahter then adding kit versions as well. Plus they benefit of knowing that all the helis out there meet their specs and that the heli's reputation will not be affected by someone not putting it together properly. Service after sale is also a lot easier...

Actually the more I think about it, the more it seems they should stick to RTF. I expect some of you will 'beg to differ'?

eric
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:42 AM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Feb 2003
1,909 Posts
I was in the process of purchasing a Flash and a e-foamies extra. Maybe I need to keep some cash for this bird...

I wonder how much money my wife as put aside for my daughter's education?

eric
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:49 AM
21st Century Space Cowboy
Chipping, Lancs, UK
Joined Oct 2006
2,935 Posts
RTF for me, but with a detailed manual for setup purposes. Possibly ARTF, but best not a full kit
TachyonDriver is offline Find More Posts by TachyonDriver
Old Sep 26, 2007, 12:05 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonDriver
RTF for me, but with a detailed manual for setup purposes. Possibly ARTF, but best not a full kit
I agree about the need for an easy to read and very detailed manual that should cover all aspects of set up and trimming, etc. I know Charly will be reading this: so also included in the kit should be a minimal variety of replacement parts that are more apt to need replacement in the unfortunate event of a crash. Inner/outer shaft and blades, etc, would be a big plus and should be part of the total package without affecting the final cost of this beauty.
More videos, we want more videos!
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Last edited by CCbusa05; Sep 26, 2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 12:20 PM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA'ed fingers
Ok, here is the link to thread in the video section:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742847

The link to the video was also included in the poll on larger coax's started by Caemen but I felt that this new heli needed a thread of it's own. As You can see, I'm quite excited by this....

So what do we know so far? Well we know some specs:
- 0.85 dia. EP coaxial rotor
- 2.5 kg