HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2007, 06:30 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Discussion
Tank shoots Target using laser designator.

Type 90 Tank with "Laser" target designator.. (0 min 32 sec)
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2007, 12:21 AM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
wow..not 1 comment ....this is the only one around with a "LASER" and I share it and not a peep!...makes me want to show more stuff...not!

edit..a suggestion people!..leave a freakin comment or 2 now and then otherwise the peeps that post this stuff will quit posting!
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:53 AM
Scarecow
UK
Joined Sep 2004
2,361 Posts
The rcu tank forum is well established so its gonna be tricky for this forum on rcg to take off. God knows I've tried but there's not a great deal of traffic yet.

Keep posting matey. The more interesting stuff there is posted the more it'll happen. We're the rcg tank pioneers.

Anyway love the laser modfly.
Now theres an idea....replace the red safety LED on the HL tanks with a laser pointer. MUHAHAHAHA!!!!
HoverBovver is offline Find More Posts by HoverBovver
Old Oct 15, 2007, 12:01 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
HB...yea..that would be the best way to do it..I admit I took the easy way out and mounted the laser on the barrel..I'm going to do a better video of this things capability..the video I have here is crude at best...Yea..I like to think I got this forum going...I did not originate the the first thread, but posted some tanks and the thread came alive after that..
Old Nov 04, 2007, 05:22 PM
Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States
Joined Nov 2003
500 Posts
I just saw the video, what tank is that? Did it come with some sort of gun like the plastic bb guns found in stores. The laser sight, was that manually done? I like how smooth the turrent action looked on the video. Tell us more about the setup.

Kin

http://www.embeddedtronics.com/
kfong is offline Find More Posts by kfong
Old Nov 04, 2007, 09:47 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfong
I just saw the video, what tank is that? Did it come with some sort of gun like the plastic bb guns found in stores. The laser sight, was that manually done? I like how smooth the turrent action looked on the video. Tell us more about the setup.

Kin

http://www.embeddedtronics.com/

yea..it was a major upgrade..I will give more details soon as I have been busy lately..Basically a few relays and resisters, Transistors, caps and other basic components tied into a modified rx...I also had to mod the cannon to get enough depression(down angle) of the gun as I wanted to shot things directly in front of the tank..

the laser sight was added...I mutiplexed the L\R turrent to U\D gun.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 03:42 PM
Mexico
Joined Nov 2005
427 Posts
Hello Modfly!

Your tank with laser pointer is awesome!
I want one of those!
What tank is that?
What brand is it?
Can you recommend me a tank??
What about brands in this products? What tanks do you consider to offer the best quality and functionality? Are Heng Long reliable? What about spare parts?
So sorry so many questions, Im completely new to tanks, but definitely, I want one of those!!
bambino is offline Find More Posts by bambino
Old Dec 13, 2007, 04:43 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Bambino....The tank you see here was completely gutted and rebuilt using electronics from a Wall Mart tank..The laser was a pain to fit and I don't think you'll see another anytime soon. Although if hobby grade electronics were installed then it would be easy. This one is a Type 90 JSDGF Hen Long. The gun and drive motors are stock..everything else has been re fitted. I used a 4 channel tank radio from a Wall mart tank and modified it to 6 channels. anyway I was more ambitious a few years ago when I built this and it is my Tank Masterpiece.