SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2001, 09:59 AM
San Antonio, Texas USA
Joined Feb 2001
1,108 Posts
where's everyone flying in San Antonio. TX

I live near a flying field and have driven by at least 4 times with finding no one there. I think only "gas" planes fly there (1604 and Bandera) but when is the question? Any San Antonio e-pilots out there??? Where's everyone flying at?
cruzomatic is offline Find More Posts by cruzomatic
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2001, 11:08 PM
Texas
Joined Aug 1999
5,110 Posts
Northeast side...
dave_lilley is offline Find More Posts by dave_lilley
Old May 29, 2001, 11:28 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Dec 2000
82 Posts
That's one of the two San Antonio Propbuster's flying fields. You will find alot of us at either of these two fields depending on the weather. Covel Gardens is the other much larger and more popular field. I fly glow and e-powered planes at both fields fairly regularly but Bandera is mostly used for the .40 size and under glow planes as well as numerous small e-powered craft given its size compared to Covel. Lately its been too windy for many of us pilots to fly out there at Bandera - myself included as I am more of a calm- 0 wind pilot. I have flown my Sky Surfer and Hornet Heli out there at Bandera as well as my Pico Stick with no problem (even a "slimer" or two). You'll find a few of us out there willing to try electric. We are an AMA sanctioned club that requires members to join the AMA to fly at our fields but we do allow guests. So if you are interested in checking out the field let me know as I have access to the field at any time. You can email me at jmarshall@stic.net for further info if interested. We also meet once a month at Maggies rest. on San Pedro. We meet the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm in the back meeting room and you are invited to attend. Feel free to ask any questions.
Stormbringer is offline Find More Posts by Stormbringer
Old Jun 17, 2004, 07:44 PM
Joined Jun 2004
1 Posts
where to go?

hello all, new member here. I'm just trying to find out if there is anyone who may know of a good field to fly in New Braunfels, TX. Or maybe some info on a club to join or poeple I could contact. Anything helps. Thanks
wounded duck is offline Find More Posts by wounded duck
Old Jun 17, 2004, 07:59 PM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Mar 2000
185 Posts
Hey Cruz & Dave, good to see your names again, I have been laying low of late but starting back up.

Dave, stiil at the ultralight field? Let me know when you go sometime, maybe I can join you.

Duck, look for an email...
Patrat is offline Find More Posts by Patrat
Old Feb 19, 2014, 08:56 PM
Sailor
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined Nov 2008
3 Posts
I am moving from MI to TX, possibly New Braunfels. Where does anyone fly Electric Park Fliers?
pwbrunet is offline Find More Posts by pwbrunet