HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2007, 08:35 PM
Salt Lake City, UT
Joined Sep 2003
274 Posts
If you order the ARF version, will a 4 channel receiver work? (I don't see the need for a 6 channel). Do you steer the nose wheel with the rudder stick (channel 4)?
Thanks!
rdalcanto is offline Find More Posts by rdalcanto
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2007, 09:05 PM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
rdalcanto,

A four channel receiver will work fine, and yes you'll steer the nosewheel with the rudder stick and use the rudder channel.

You'll love it!

Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalcanto
If you order the ARF version, will a 4 channel receiver work? (I don't see the need for a 6 channel). Do you steer the nose wheel with the rudder stick (channel 4)?
Thanks!
dawnron1 is offline Find More Posts by dawnron1
Old Dec 23, 2007, 09:08 PM
Salt Lake City, UT
Joined Sep 2003
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnron1
rdalcanto,

A four channel receiver will work fine, and yes you'll steer the nosewheel with the rudder stick and use the rudder channel.

You'll love it!

Ronnie
Cool! Does it need a lot of down elevator to fly inverted? Does it do outside loops well?

Thanks again!
Old Dec 23, 2007, 10:24 PM
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Jun 2006
1,954 Posts
I flew mine for the first time today, was kinda windy thought it would handle the wind better but I guess it is a foamy. Because it was windy had to use alot of full throttle and was about done in 5 minutes so not an acurate test of flight time. Being all blue ya gotta keep ur eye on it, once I couldnt tell top from bottom but worked it out. I would be real worried with with the silver diamond back edition coming out.
snoshoe62 is offline Find More Posts by snoshoe62
Old Dec 24, 2007, 08:54 AM
Salt Lake City, UT
Joined Sep 2003
274 Posts
I'm getting ready to order....! But I NEED to know, will it do outside loops?!?
Thanks $$$
Old Dec 24, 2007, 09:21 AM
Salt Lake City, UT
Joined Sep 2003
274 Posts
Dam! I couldn't resist. I ordered it. After switching to helis ten years ago because I was bored with airplanes, I had to get the jet I've always wanted since I was a kid. I remember helping a guy flies his Foamy EDF a few years ago at the field. I don't recall what it was, but it had so little power the thing could barely fly, and I thought "I'm never wasting my money on one of these!" However, with brushless motors, it seems like a whole new ball game now! I thought about going for the A4, but the $100 difference didn't seem worth it, and I would rather have real landing gear and be able to do those cool nose high approaches and runway landings, than go really fast.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 03:17 PM
Salt Lake City, UT
Joined Sep 2003
274 Posts
I'm thinking of using Gorilla glue instead of epoxy to save weight. Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 11:18 PM
Nor Cal,USA
Joined Sep 2000
460 Posts
Fellas, could you use a 3s 2100 mah battery from a Trex helicopter for this jet using the stock power setup ? Thinking about getting one of these. Thanks in advance.

Marcusg

*UPDATE*
Went ahead and just ordered it from Hobby Lobby using that 20% discount.
marcusg is offline Find More Posts by marcusg
Last edited by marcusg; Dec 25, 2007 at 05:00 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 07:39 PM
Salt Lake City, UT
Joined Sep 2003
274 Posts
I haven't even received mine yet, and I'm already wondering if you can fit the Alfa EDF 60/15 Mk. 2 fan and Jetscreamer motor in this thing?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:13 PM
X-15 Jockey
Joined Oct 2006
2,439 Posts
I fit a lsjs to the stock motor mount that comes with it, and used the stock fan and also a gws fan, they both work great and give good vertical, I don't know that you really need the alfa fan, unless you want to reduce current a bit, I still got 6 minute flights with a 2100 pack with the 64mm and lsjs.

Frank

Quote:
I haven't even received mine yet, and I'm already wondering if you can fit the Alfa EDF 60/15 Mk. 2 fan and Jetscreamer motor in this thing?
burkefj is offline Find More Posts by burkefj
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: F-101B Voodoo with video
Old Dec 27, 2007, 02:02 PM
Salt Lake City, UT
Joined Sep 2003
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burkefj
I fit a lsjs to the stock motor mount that comes with it, and used the stock fan and also a gws fan, they both work great and give good vertical, I don't know that you really need the alfa fan, unless you want to reduce current a bit, I still got 6 minute flights with a 2100 pack with the 64mm and lsjs.

Frank
Did you have to change the ESC? Do you know what amps you are pulling with the lsjs?
I'd like to stick to the 1300 pack if possible (weight and cost), even if I'm down to 5 minute flights. I would like to get to 1:1 thrust:weight if possible, so I can do a slow flybye with the nose up, hit the throttle, get a little speed, and then go vertical for some rolls....
Old Dec 27, 2007, 02:53 PM
HOW HIGH DOES IT GO???
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
2,153 Posts
Does anyone know of a link for the gray/black version, and also when it will become available?

Ben Rodriguez
Ben-Rod is offline Find More Posts by Ben-Rod
Old Dec 27, 2007, 03:01 PM
Nor Cal,USA
Joined Sep 2000
460 Posts
Quote:

Frank
Frank, is your 2100 pack the same kind we use for the Trex heli or is this for a different "dimension" sized battery pack ? Thanks in advance.

Marcusg
marcusg is offline Find More Posts by marcusg
Old Dec 27, 2007, 04:33 PM
X-15 Jockey
Joined Oct 2006
2,439 Posts
You will pull around 24-26 amps full throttle with the lsjs and the gws or stock fan, it is too much for a 1300 pack, I replaced the esc with a CC 36 amp version. I'm running a standard TP 2100 pack, 5 oz, about 3/4x4x1" approx. I don't know if it is true 1:1 thrust to weight with this setup, but you can definitely do a high alfa, and then accelerate out without dropping the nose much.

Frank

Quote:
Did you have to change the ESC? Do you know what amps you are pulling with the lsjs?
I'd like to stick to the 1300 pack if possible (weight and cost), even if I'm down to 5 minute flights. I would like to get to 1:1 thrust:weight if possible, so I can do a slow flybye with the nose up, hit the throttle, get a little speed, and then go vertical for some rolls....
burkefj is offline Find More Posts by burkefj
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: F-101B Voodoo with video
Old Dec 28, 2007, 05:33 PM
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Jun 2006
1,954 Posts
Quote:

Frank
All you needed was the LSJS motor or adapter too? After this drop in and 2100mah 3s batt was it really a significant increase in performance? I see the LSJS is rated to 290 watts, I dont think thats much better then stock. But Id like to do something to get more out of mine, its kinda boreing stock.
snoshoe62 is offline Find More Posts by snoshoe62