SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 16, 2009, 05:37 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Blanked, no readings, high bright display

I purchased a IMAX B6 recently. It worked well for many charging cycles. But recently, the display flickered, letters disappeared, and finally the display stayed highlighted (bright light), but no readings anymore. Got it once back, after unplugging the power, but at the end of the charge (beep, beep, …) the display had no readings anymore!

Is there a way to reset the unit, or to change the brightness?

Thank You,

Manu
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2009, 04:01 AM
still charging
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Dec 2008
250 Posts
I had a similar malfunction with mine and returned it promptly for a replacement. I then had problems with the second one as well. That went back and I just went with a Hyperion charger since it's moderately priced and will balance within .01 without having to mess with those tiny little resistors, lol. If I were you I would get your cash back and opt for a better charger. It really is worth it in the long run imho. §tay up!
still charging is offline Find More Posts by still charging
Old Jul 24, 2009, 09:29 AM
Valinhos/Brazil
Joined Feb 2009
1 Posts
I was just thinking buy this cycler, but now... What other cycler you may recomend with better quality but not too expensive
Rgds
Coelho is offline Find More Posts by Coelho
Old Aug 20, 2009, 04:31 PM
Joined Aug 2009
2 Posts
hey, i just baught the imax b8, and it says able to charge 1-8 cell lipos, but i can seem to find where to plug in my 2cell battery?? theres no slot they start at 3??

any ideas??
jarrodh is offline Find More Posts by jarrodh
Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:27 PM
Athens, Greece
Joined Apr 2009
165 Posts
Well, I just got my B6 for $38 plus $19 for shipping (but that included a BL motor, ESC, two LiPo's). I used it and compared it to a Hyperion charger and there are no significant differences. It charged and balanced to 4.19 - 4.20 - 4.20 my 3c lipo. Maybe I am just lucky, or they have improved their stuff after all these comments of yours!! Since I got it mainly for the lipo's I am satisfied. BUT there is one thing: while charging NiMH, I can't get it to AUTO mode. It is stuck to MANUAL. Manual says I have to press INC and DEC together but nothing happens. It also says to make it blink and then press... but it never blinks.. Am I doing something wrong? The only think that blinks is the current at the down / right side. Any ideas?

Thanks
Thanos
Thanos is offline Find More Posts by Thanos
Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:48 PM
Athens, Greece
Joined Apr 2009
165 Posts
OUUUUPS!!! I am realy sorry... I thought I gave it another try and it works!! I guess the current option has to be blinking and then the two buttons to be pressed together.
Thanks,
Thanos
Thanos is offline Find More Posts by Thanos
Old Aug 21, 2009, 08:30 PM
It´s your fault HAHAHA
España, AL, Granada
Joined Mar 2009
6 Posts
Hi,
I have a problem that drives me crazy.
My ImaX-B6 not charge over 1,5 amp.

Passed 5 or 7 seconds show the error BREAK DOWN ???????

If the charger current is set to 1.4 not problem.

I checked mosfet´s; shunt´s none of the components appears to be damaged.
Seems to be activate a software limitation or protection in the internal program for any reason.
this charger killing me
I apreciated some info that indicates where is the problem.

Thanks in advance

Jose,
QuarX is offline Find More Posts by QuarX
Old Aug 22, 2009, 03:27 AM
Joined Aug 2009
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrodh
hey, i just baught the imax b8, and it says able to charge 1-8 cell lipos, but i can seem to find where to plug in my 2cell battery?? theres no slot they start at 3??

any ideas??

nevermind, i figured it out..lol
jarrodh is offline Find More Posts by jarrodh
Old Oct 02, 2009, 07:18 AM
My name is Tom
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Misano Adriatico
Joined Aug 2009
901 Posts
Does anyone know if the manufacturer has corrected the problem?
If so, can anyone tell from the info on my circuit board whether it indicates that my charger is a new version, or whether I should replace the resistors?

Tommygunn is offline Find More Posts by Tommygunn
Old Oct 02, 2009, 02:12 PM
Joined Feb 2006
342 Posts
As far as I know they never solved the problem

Ben
bennetje is offline Find More Posts by bennetje
Old Oct 19, 2009, 04:24 PM
Joined Oct 2009
2 Posts
what will happen if I will set the maximum voltage of cell to less then 4.2 volts?
habakuk_cz is offline Find More Posts by habakuk_cz
Old Oct 19, 2009, 05:13 PM
Joined Feb 2006
342 Posts
Then the charger will still not balance right. It may not overcharge a cell, but some cells will be charged to a higher level than others (so some cells will be discharged earlier than others, possibly even overdischarged).

Ben.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:10 PM
Joined Oct 2009
2 Posts
better than destroying the cells, I think. when I will charge with balancing, it should hold at least a little accurate balance of the cells.
habakuk_cz is offline Find More Posts by habakuk_cz
Old Oct 20, 2009, 01:02 PM
Joined Feb 2006
342 Posts
Better charge normal without balancing. The cells end up worse than started with after balance charging!

Ben.
Old Dec 03, 2009, 10:37 PM
Joined Jul 2008
270 Posts
Well im on a budget and my choices were the Align RCC-4CX 2-4 cell balance charger and the iMax B6 .I ended up going with the iMax B6 so I hope I made the right choice ...
invert is offline Find More Posts by invert