Old Sep 27, 2007, 08:09 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,175 Posts
Elf Hobby 9g servo
* Dimension: 26 x 13 x 24mm
* Weight: 9g
* Operating speed: 0.12sec/60degree (4.8v)
* Stall Torque: 1.6kg/cm
* Temperature range: -30-60degree
* Dead band width: 2ms
* Operating voltage: 3.0V-5.0V

HS56

●Stall torque:1.8kg.cm(4.8V)
2.2kg.cm(6.0V)
●Motion speed:0.16sec/60(4.8V)
0.13sec/60(6.0V)
●Rating voltageC 4.8-6V
●rotation current:180mA(4.8V)
●Temperature range:-20C~+60C
●Dimension:24 x 12 x 24mm
●Weight:11.2g

So they aint total clones.

Unlesss I actually have HS56 servos. (stickers pulled off them from factory - which makes me think something dodgy)
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2007, 09:27 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,175 Posts
She just went for her first real flight in the park, no training wheels. Flying perfectly

Thanks for your help guys

Ive just brought a little 2.4Ghz wireless camera that im going to strap to it - Vids to come
Old Sep 27, 2007, 10:06 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,175 Posts
Finished - Well.... for the moment....until my bank statements are happier....

Cheers for your help, here she is -
Old Sep 28, 2007, 11:46 AM
United States, NJ, West Orange
Joined Aug 2007
799 Posts
Need a bit of info on finishing CopterX

I just got a CopterX SE (hey, Gandalf, I haven't binned the Belt CP yet, but I may well, if this thing flies as good as it looks). Is the kit supposed to include the motor mounting screws and washers? Mine didn't :-(. It also has nothing to back the servo mounts; the instructions show plastic nuts like the T-Rex, but there aren't any. Do I need to get some?

Also I bought four 9g servos, and the manual seems to call for a smaller servo on the tail; is this critical?
nybbler is offline Find More Posts by nybbler
Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:09 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Mine included 2 sets of motor screws. There are two sets of motor screw holes. One pair has smaller diameter. Use those to mesh the 13T pinion properly. My kit didn't include the nuts required to mount the servos. I just dug a few from my old Tamiya days junk pile.

Nice work Jackosmeister. Very clean. Oh, you can use the notch below the rear cyclic servo to run the servo wire.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:20 PM
United States, NJ, West Orange
Joined Aug 2007
799 Posts
OK, screws but no washers? I probably have them, then; there's three bags of unidentified hardware, two of which each contain a set of four screws with slightly different diameter between the two bags. I was expecting a set of two screws with washers.
nybbler is offline Find More Posts by nybbler
Old Sep 28, 2007, 02:05 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,175 Posts
screws and nuts are what comes in the rtf kit.

Score 1 for copterX, I was flying yesterday with a mate who has a T-rex S with a dx6, He said ^&*( i should have brought one of those! haha.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:46 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Grounded over here. Typhoon in town. I'll be rigging up the sim soon.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 04:20 AM
Tennessee
Joined Jan 2007
239 Posts
Was wondering if anyone had a preference or opinion on the AE vs SE before I place my order.

Thanks,

Mike
Likestofly is offline Find More Posts by Likestofly
Old Sep 29, 2007, 05:39 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Apart from the aluminum vs cf frames and fins, they are identical mechanically. Unconfirmed reports say the AE is lighter. But seeing how little material is used for the frame and fins, this difference could be negligible.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 06:14 AM
Ted M
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2007
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister
screws and nuts are what comes in the rtf kit.

Score 1 for copterX, I was flying yesterday with a mate who has a T-rex S with a dx6, He said ^&*( i should have brought one of those! haha.
Jacko Nice pics, that's a fine looking bird! If you really want to pee your mate off, tell him that I have a Trex 450 SE V2 and I had to write 'CopterX' on my CopterX SE skids so I can tell the difference. Your CopterX AE is equivalent to a Trex 450 SA in every respect (other than price )

Nybbler Use an old credit card, drill a hole in it and then cut out a small square around the hole; makes great backing for servo screws.

I was flying the CopterX on Wednesday and did a long downwind run losing height when I realized the ground was coming up fassssst I hit full throttle and the CopterX made this wonderful growling noise that made others at the flying field look around. The heli recovered perfectly - 3200 rpm CF blades going +10. That Scorpion motor is a beast - it can hit 49Amps! - and it backs up my belief that having lots of power can get you out of difficult situations as long as you push the stick the right way - the Belt CP would have been a mangled pile of bent tail boom and broken blades under the same situation.
Gandalf_Sr is offline Find More Posts by Gandalf_Sr
Old Sep 29, 2007, 07:57 AM
=>] Smack 3D Head [<=
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2007
3,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler
Also I bought four 9g servos, and the manual seems to call for a smaller servo on the tail; is this critical?
Not critical. CG is the only worry and I run a 9650 on my tail. That thing is huge and I can let go of cyclic and just play with pitch for 5 to 10 seconds which is way good enough for me... I ran a TowerPro SG90 there for months before getting the 9650.
HeliSmith is offline Find More Posts by HeliSmith
Old Sep 29, 2007, 08:15 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
I think there is room to slide the lipo down and forward. You need to put velcro to secure it along with the velcro straps.
Old Oct 02, 2007, 06:59 AM
Auckland
Joined Sep 2007
351 Posts
hi all, great info but I'm lost coz i'm super new to this. bought a copterx, still cant hover it yet. lol. however starting to be able to hover my lama V4 (tail in of course) that i bought 2 months ago. question is to jacko, do u fly every sun on a good weather? would appreaciate it if u can test my copterx if it's properly set up. lol. I live in auckland too.
siang is offline Find More Posts by siang
Old Oct 02, 2007, 07:52 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
That's right, have someone go over your heli. Then put trainers. It will be unlike a coaxial. But a lot better handling than ,say, a micro with a motor tail.

Have you gone through all the screws with Loctite Blue?