HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2007, 05:45 AM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
Discussion
NEW AM plane SUltimate

Hello guys just want to share with you my new 2007-2008 season AM "SUltimate" plane pictures:

Model technical spec's:

Fuselage lenght: ~85cm
Wings lenght: ~80cm (~32inch)
RTF weight: 120-150g, (~4-5oz), (depending on equipment).
Radio: TXX7, RX: AR6100 (~3g).
Servos: Hitec 65hb on ailerons and D47 on elevator and rudder .
ESC: Castle Creations Phoenix 10A.
Battery: Flight Power EVO 20C, 300mah, 2S. (~19.5g).
Engine: My friend Vytas custom CD-R (~16g).
Propeler: APC 8x3.8, other options GWS DD 8x4, GWS 8X4.3.

More info: http://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/planes/e...ultimate-.html
3Don is offline Find More Posts by 3Don
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2007, 07:02 AM
Grosseto,Italy
Joined Sep 2007
19 Posts
Wow it's awesome!!!

Can you show us some videos?
stepix is offline Find More Posts by stepix
Old Sep 22, 2007, 07:10 AM
Joined Aug 2007
1,509 Posts
Stepix

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepix
Wow it's awesome!!!

Can you show us some videos?
Go onto his Site
First class Video
NX-687 is online now Find More Posts by NX-687
Old Sep 22, 2007, 09:13 AM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
Glad you like it! There is no video of SUltimate yet, again camera problems....but i hope to solve it asap. In my opinion it is best AM plane i designed, i like very much how it fly, it is hard to get plane that could fly both precision and 3D prety good, and i think SUltimate, is one great plane that can do both Will try to make video next week.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 10:24 AM
United States, MD
Joined Nov 2004
468 Posts
Nice Sukhoi 3Don!
shockflyer12345 is offline Find More Posts by shockflyer12345
Old Sep 22, 2007, 11:03 AM
Joined Jun 2004
2,237 Posts
Awesome! Very nice, Donatas! I am always amazed at your schemes. I like the ailerons honrs. Is that depron/CF?
Malves is offline Find More Posts by Malves
Old Sep 22, 2007, 01:00 PM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Hi Donatas , again you have surpassed yourself , i think you have a winner and im sure the Sultimate will win you alot of competions . The colours are amazing and the building looks outstanding . Only one Question from me , is that balsa wood on the leading edge ? Thanks for sharing your plane an im eagerly awaiting the video as is all the indoor fliers in Ireland .

Richard
richard boyd is offline Find More Posts by richard boyd
Old Sep 22, 2007, 06:09 PM
Grosseto,Italy
Joined Sep 2007
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Don
Glad you like it! There is no video of SUltimate yet, again camera problems....but i hope to solve it asap. In my opinion it is best AM plane i designed, i like very much how it fly, it is hard to get plane that could fly both precision and 3D prety good, and i think SUltimate, is one great plane that can do both Will try to make video next week.
Can you explane us which must be the characteristics, in your opinion, of a 3D or Precision airplane? and which are the pricipal characteristic of your airplane that, as you said, could fly both 3D and precision?

I like very much to design airplane like these and advices from an expert like you are very precious for me......

thank you
Old Sep 25, 2007, 05:56 PM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
Sory for delay guys, flying takes allot fo time

Malves, thanks man! I like this scheme very much, and most important it can be done pretty quick with spray cans and airbrush for white lines! And yes it is depron with CF, and one more thing to make sure it hold pressure,thin ~3x10mm hard ply line on vertical side. It is best way to connect ailerons, my good friend from USA Dave show me this last year, since then all my indoor plane ailerons are connected this way.

Richard thank you for kind words! And yes it is round balsa on leading edge, plane fly more precise with it, example: after square loop (fast/sharp) in bottom corner plane don't swing so bad with round LE.

Stepix, it is not very easy to describe, but main criteria for me for AM plane are:
Plane must perform really 3D maneuvers like blender , snap-hovers, knife edge loops, rolling loops really easy , usually to achieve this i use max deflection (~45-65 degrees ) of big surfaces and play with CG, it is good for fast and dramatic music.
And same plane must fly straight lines , rolling circles, slow rolls with small amount of help by pilot, this mean it should be stable by it self. Here biggest helper is good designed/builder straight plane with good quality servos like Hitec 65hb ore D47. Such characteristics are necessary for slow, graceful music. Allot of such type of flying is in Derk VDV routines.

I think SUltimate combine both type of flying. Good news for all inpatient modeller, we took camera to gym today, so in 1-2 days you will see SUltimate in action!

Don't forget to visit www.pauzuolis-rc.com
Old Sep 26, 2007, 03:10 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Hi Don im really lookin forward to the video , i have studied the pictures on your site and the SUltimate really is a work of art the building and wiring is the best i have seen . I notice the carbon on the wing tips and elavator !! guess you are working on new moves lol . Go easy on the SUtimate we want to see more lol .
Old Sep 26, 2007, 12:58 PM
Grosseto,Italy
Joined Sep 2007
19 Posts
Thanks, I know that is not easy to explain how to design an airplane, but your advices are very helpful for me and for us I believe....bye and thank you again!
Old Sep 28, 2007, 11:10 AM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard boyd
Hi Don im really lookin forward to the video , i have studied the pictures on your site and the SUltimate really is a work of art the building and wiring is the best i have seen . I notice the carbon on the wing tips and elavator !! guess you are working on new moves lol . Go easy on the SUtimate we want to see more lol .
Thanks mate! I must say i learn allot from David Kyjovsky and Van Der Vechts building, this Sultimate and new F3P plane Deluxe so far are best buildet/flying indoor planes i had. Believe me little time and attention to details while you build plane payoff when you fly them! Heh you have a good eye lol Yes carbon on ailerons and elevator was to just for Bruckmann Knife edge skating, its fun trick, but it require very good flour and it is to risky to use it in AM routine.

And here goes the best part, VIDEO
Thanks to rc buddy Rokas, finally i was able to film and edit SUltimate video, here is low resolution version, soon will post big one on my homepage:
www.pauzuolis-rc.com

Enjoy:
http://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/Videos/S...te_Donatas.wmv
(~28mb)
Old Sep 29, 2007, 06:01 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Hi Don ,THE VIDEO IS OUTA THIS WORLD ! this is the type of crazy flying i love ha ha ! Well done , I have watched this video several times and im still seeing new moves every time , Fast and furious this is the biss .
Old Sep 29, 2007, 04:23 PM
Joined Jul 2006
784 Posts
Donatas,
Great looking plane and great flying. Tell us more about the Deluxe. Is it another of your designs? Any photos?
rmr24 is offline Find More Posts by rmr24
Old Sep 30, 2007, 12:41 AM
Monroe, Wa
Joined Aug 2005
365 Posts
10 thumbs up!!!!
DBSkyout is offline Find More Posts by DBSkyout