HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:04 AM
Mapleton, Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
1,887 Posts
Help!
Longer servo arms?

Got this Lama V4 airframe/electronics that flys super..but..the stock ouput arms of the servo are clipped at the inner-most hole (outer holes were clipped off at factory, I guess?). Very little cyclic travel. If I put longer arms on the servos to get more throw will the blades then be likely to hit each other? Just would like a little more solid directional feel than stock..the stock seems way to mild. I especially notice that the way it is set up now, it sometimes takes full stick cyclic to even wade through a slight draft. What do you guys do to get a more lively cyclic? Thanks!

Edit: OK..I found the info but I don't want to spend $$s on longer inner shafts and custom flybars and CNC bits all over. Guess I will go with longer arms and dial in the servo end points till I get no blade interaction with full cyclic. Got to be better than stock..I would think.
Letcraft is offline Find More Posts by Letcraft
Last edited by Letcraft; Sep 21, 2007 at 12:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:45 PM
Mapleton, Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
1,887 Posts
Yep..had some old BCP servo arms..second hole out from center..super control and no blade interaction..this is more like it! The thing rips around now..hehe, absolutely delightful, total menace, indoors!
Letcraft is offline Find More Posts by Letcraft
Old Sep 23, 2007, 04:29 PM
My jail picture
Tucson,Az
Joined Aug 2007
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letcraft
Got this Lama V4 airframe/electronics that flys super..but..the stock ouput arms of the servo are clipped at the inner-most hole (outer holes were clipped off at factory, I guess?). Very little cyclic travel. If I put longer arms on the servos to get more throw will the blades then be likely to hit each other? Just would like a little more solid directional feel than stock..the stock seems way to mild. I especially notice that the way it is set up now, it sometimes takes full stick cyclic to even wade through a slight draft. What do you guys do to get a more lively cyclic? Thanks!

Edit: OK..I found the info but I don't want to spend $$s on longer inner shafts and custom flybars and CNC bits all over. Guess I will go with longer arms and dial in the servo end points till I get no blade interaction with full cyclic. Got to be better than stock..I would think.
yah you should probably get better servo arms then get the extreme blade cx tail boom. longer servo arms can get you more response which just means mor capabilities
salvagerat is offline Find More Posts by salvagerat
Old Sep 23, 2007, 04:58 PM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,643 Posts
Letcraft .... what radio are you using?
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member