SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 16, 2007, 02:32 PM
Joined Mar 2007
95 Posts
Thanks GWS Chen for recommending those sites, but my main point is that the LHS doesn't carry GWS parts, so I end up paying $6-$8 to ship a $10 part. Seeing how many other people have also noticed the decreasing GWS product at their LHS I thought I would chime in.

Garrison
GTace is offline Find More Posts by GTace
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2007, 04:12 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTace
I agree that there is problem with the distribution chain. As mentioned before even big sites like towerhobbies and unitedhobbies are having a hard time keeping GWS parts and planes in stock. UH said it is taking 60 days for GWS orders to arrive. I've always enjoyed the quality and affordability that GWS offers, but now that parts and planes are hard to come by, I wonder what will come next. I've been trying to get some retracts for my zero and can't find them anyplace were shipping is a rip off or they are overpriced. I have asked my hobby shop and they said it would be cheaper to order on-line because they were out of stock too. It's a $10 part that I will end up paying $17 for and even though $7 doesn't sound like much, it adds up quick. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Garrison
They have them here: http://epyaya.com/advanced_search_re...5593faa378fb60

I don't know where you are located, but if in the US shipping is only $4.60 by Priority Mail. Considering cost of gas to drive to LHS (plus your time) and state sales tax, that's a deal for me!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 16, 2007, 04:12 PM
Perrysburg, Ohio
Joined Feb 2006
22 Posts
I have been trying to get a replacment wing for a Beaver for over 2 months with no luck, not at a LHS and not online, this is just crazy. I am done with GWS.
Bbog100 is offline Find More Posts by Bbog100
Old Oct 16, 2007, 05:40 PM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,272 Posts
Where has everything gone ?

Roll down this page. See all the other things disappearing ?
cyclops2 is online now Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old Oct 16, 2007, 07:22 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbog100
I have been trying to get a replacment wing for a Beaver for over 2 months with no luck, not at a LHS and not online, this is just crazy. I am done with GWS.
Here ya go...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Cart/Vie...alItemsAdded=1

J3 Cub wing, same wing as the Beaver only yellow.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdId=GWSAS2J

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...9&pid=NGWSV069
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 16, 2007, 07:41 PM
Happy fly begin
Joined Aug 2004
681 Posts
Slope glider wing sets(white), which use to be readily available, are the ones missing in action. It is painfully obvious GWS is having problems.
JimH is online now Find More Posts by JimH
Old Oct 17, 2007, 06:02 PM
Joined Oct 2007
3 Posts
anyone looking for GWS planes my new site http://www.elecflight.com. i am giving free shipping for order over $80 and all product are on sale for limited time, while you are there sign up to recieve free coupons and special discounts.
Mr Lin you need to get your design team to work on more newer models and possibly look at a RTF (maybe a slow stick?) i have sold couple of them (slow stick RTF's self assembled) we need to get more beginners interested in this hobby. Also every time I re-order products most of them are always back ordered. It doesn't help.
rob23n is offline Find More Posts by rob23n
Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:14 AM
Joined Feb 2007
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
You're welcome to be one of GWS dealers. Would you contact may1011@gws.com.tw .

Chen

Why recruit more dealers when you cannot supply the ones you have got?
Sprinkler_Dude is offline Find More Posts by Sprinkler_Dude
Old Oct 18, 2007, 08:03 PM
Joined Mar 2003
9,272 Posts
How ?

How did you get the Sprinkler part of your name ?
Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:41 PM
Joined May 2005
829 Posts
I've followed this thread with interest. I appreciate the links people have posted to places that actually *have* GWS planes in stock. I'm still frustrated though. No one has the E-starter NPS kit in stock. Even horizon hobby doesn't have it, although they expect they will have it real soon now. I really just want both and E-starter and a Formosa, both NPS. These two planes taught me to fly and now that they are trashed, so I want to build some nice new models and cover them with solite and have some nice machines to fly. I hope that whatever is causing this shortage (it's not clear from this thread what's going on) will clear up. I want to recommend GWS planes to my friends, but right now I just can't, since no one can get them.

As others have said I really dislike having to order from several different places. I like to order from a few good sites (bphobbies, allerc, etc) everything I need at once. But this makes it difficult.
caseih is offline Find More Posts by caseih
Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:57 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkler_Dude
Why recruit more dealers when you cannot supply the ones you have got?
Both GWS China and GWS HQ Taiwan stock most of GWS products. The supply problem might only be at GWS USA
only. And Mark Harris is from Australia.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:58 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,703 Posts
Caseih,

Would you visit www.caliberhobby.com , they stock a lot of GWS kits.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Oct 19, 2007, 01:00 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseih
I've followed this thread with interest. I appreciate the links people have posted to places that actually *have* GWS planes in stock. I'm still frustrated though. No one has the E-starter NPS kit in stock. Even horizon hobby doesn't have it, although they expect they will have it real soon now. I really just want both and E-starter and a Formosa, both NPS. These two planes taught me to fly and now that they are trashed, so I want to build some nice new models and cover them with solite and have some nice machines to fly. I hope that whatever is causing this shortage (it's not clear from this thread what's going on) will clear up. I want to recommend GWS planes to my friends, but right now I just can't, since no one can get them.

As others have said I really dislike having to order from several different places. I like to order from a few good sites (bphobbies, allerc, etc) everything I need at once. But this makes it difficult.
Call Epyaya.com. They show the NPS Formosa in stock. They only have the 400 motor version of the ES, but if you talk to them they might pull the motor and sell as an NPS kit. I got my P-40 NPS there and they told me GWS was not importing any NPS kits and they could not get them, but they were creating them by pulling the motors so they could sell the NPS version!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 19, 2007, 06:47 AM
Pasco County Florida
Joined Dec 2006
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
they told me GWS was not importing any NPS kits and they could not get them, but they were creating them by pulling the motors so they could sell the NPS version!
That sure sounds great. Who is this new GWS USA GM ? Anyone know the name ? Maybe it is time we start hammering that person direct.

Bob
Bayward is offline Find More Posts by Bayward
Old Oct 19, 2007, 08:16 AM
Joined Mar 2003
9,272 Posts
What ?

Does Lin know they are breaking up kits for a sale ? Who gets all the motors to repackage ? Not a good sign for the CEO profit picture or efficiency.

More heads need to be chopped off.