HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2007, 01:32 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,139 Posts
I remember back when Caliber first came on the scene. I went and checked their inventory and found no Slope Gliders available, and little to no NPS stock. Now, it seems they have stock of every NPS for the older kits, and SG stock of the Pico kits (seems like the Pico kits are the only ones still available in SG form any more). I think a big shipment just came in on the boat very recently.

And since Caliber is now stocked with kits, I wonder if other US and Canadian distributors can order them as well. I'm talking the older kits only, not anything new since the P-38 came out. Have any of you distributors tried to order any of the NPS or SG kits in the last few weeks?

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2007, 03:29 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Raden
Please don't categorize me in the special expert category with some of the other posters. I love GWS and wish them all the success possible. I am disgruntled with some of those special experts as all they seem capable of doing is bad mouthing GWS without demonstrating any reasonable understanding of the problems GWS is having. GWS got my interest in this hobby rekindled after about 30 years and the affordability of their kits and accessories make the hobby feasible for me!

Kent
Kent,

I'd be very happy to sit in your box with you - the GWS Beaver got me back after about thirty years too- my only real beef with GWS is they won't make a Hurricane!!

There are three perils to having your business on a forum like this. One is that if something does go wrong, or not as well you hoped, it's much more visible.

This attracts the "experts" who could do it better . Let's be fair there are some pretty bright guys who contribute to this forum and who do understand what business is about, but there are also some who would be better off with a rattle can and a subway wall

Third, contrary to what many people think, communicating effectively and clearly in writing alone ain't easy - it's really hard and especially when you're brave enough to do it in a language which is not your own natural one. But that does mean you need to be extra careful or, if it becomes clear you've been misunderstood, to put it right fast. My two cents as you guys are so fond of saying, although of course we'd say "two pennorth".
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Dec 06, 2007, 03:47 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,139 Posts
I just checked at one of my other favorite online shops, www.allerc.com, and it seems they have gotten a new order recently. Most of their SG backorders are now in, with a few exceptions. Even the Pico Moth SG is available again (couldn't find one anywhere 3 months ago).

It seems things are looking up supply-wise.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Dec 06, 2007, 05:33 PM
Talk to me Goose!
Miramar, Argentina
Joined May 2005
148 Posts
This problem that GWS had with the supply and distribution got me into buying glow planes. Now, I wouldn't touch a foam plane with a ten-foot pole but that's just me. However, I thank GWS for teaching me the basics of rc flying. If it wasn't for GWS I wouldn't be flying period.
I always tell newcomers to buy GWS planes, they offer an incredible value and enjoyment. My 2 cents.
boex is offline Find More Posts by boex
Old Dec 06, 2007, 08:41 PM
Registered APE
Antwerp, Belgium
Joined Dec 2006
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
Kent,

I'd be very happy to sit in your box with you - the GWS Beaver got me back after about thirty years too- my only real beef with GWS is they won't make a Hurricane!!

There are three perils to having your business on a forum like this. One is that if something does go wrong, or not as well you hoped, it's much more visible.

This attracts the "experts" who could do it better . Let's be fair there are some pretty bright guys who contribute to this forum and who do understand what business is about, but there are also some who would be better off with a rattle can and a subway wall

Euhm....Roger....is this you????

Third, contrary to what many people think, communicating effectively and clearly in writing alone ain't easy - it's really hard and especially when you're brave enough to do it in a language which is not your own natural one. But that does mean you need to be extra careful or, if it becomes clear you've been misunderstood, to put it right fast. My two cents as you guys are so fond of saying, although of course we'd say "two pennorth".
You have a point here Roger.... this is an extra reason we shouldn't take it all too serious, and we shouldn't call members 'experts' or whatever. If Mr. Lin is open minded on this forum, reactions like that will always appear, unfortunately...
Patbull is offline Find More Posts by Patbull
Last edited by Patbull; Dec 06, 2007 at 08:52 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2007, 10:24 PM
Joined Sep 2006
61 Posts
Roger,

I concur with you wholeheartedly. I have learned a lot from guys like you, Kensp, crxmanpat, etc. and that has really helped me with this hobby. There are definitely people who really do know business here and it isn't too difficult to tell the difference between those who do and those who don't. I guess I got tired of the GWS bashing and wanted to dispassionately dispute some of the conspiracy theorists claims. I try to make sure I don't take myself too seriously, but I am not too sure I succeed all the time.
Kent Raden is offline Find More Posts by Kent Raden
Old Dec 07, 2007, 10:26 AM
I think I can glue that..
Paris, Ontario, Canada EH
Joined Jul 2005
1,400 Posts
Quote:
Well said Roger!

GWS got my interest in this hobby rekindled after about 30 years and the affordability of their kits and accessories make the hobby feasible for me!

Kent
I hear you Ken! GWS and specifically their Beaver are what got me really hooked on RC flight... now I have a hobby shop to show for it

I would like to see GWS succeed and hope that the distribution problems can be ironed out. I know from experience all about container shipments and delays due to weather... or heaven forbid your container actually falls off the deck into the ocean in rough seas.... been there done that too.
bob_suruncle is offline Find More Posts by bob_suruncle
Old Dec 07, 2007, 10:29 AM
I think I can glue that..
Paris, Ontario, Canada EH
Joined Jul 2005
1,400 Posts
Quote:
Roger,

I concur with you wholeheartedly. I have learned a lot from guys like you, Kensp, crxmanpat, etc. and that has really helped me with this hobby. There are definitely people who really do know business here and it isn't too difficult to tell the difference between those who do and those who don't. I guess I got tired of the GWS bashing and wanted to dispassionately dispute some of the conspiracy theorists claims. I try to make sure I don't take myself too seriously, but I am not too sure I succeed all the time.

thats the thing with forums..... you never know when you are debating with a 10 year old
bob_suruncle is offline Find More Posts by bob_suruncle
Old Dec 07, 2007, 10:40 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boex
This problem that GWS had with the supply and distribution got me into buying glow planes. Now, I wouldn't touch a foam plane with a ten-foot pole but that's just me. However, I thank GWS for teaching me the basics of rc flying. If it wasn't for GWS I wouldn't be flying period.
I always tell newcomers to buy GWS planes, they offer an incredible value and enjoyment. My 2 cents.
Sorry to hear GWS had with the supply and distribution got you into buying glow planes.

That's why we need to set up a way to fix the supply gapes!

Pls check: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692955
The "Lonely Birds" will provide GWS products to anyone GWS flyer arround the world!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Dec 07, 2007, 11:21 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_suruncle
I hear you Ken! GWS and specifically their Beaver are what got me really hooked on RC flight... now I have a hobby shop to show for it

I would like to see GWS succeed and hope that the distribution problems can be ironed out. I know from experience all about container shipments and delays due to weather... or heaven forbid your container actually falls off the deck into the ocean in rough seas.... been there done that too.
Thanks for supporting to GWS in the past years!

J-10 also comming soon to be shipped out next week!

Wish more airplanes will be add into your sales programe!
Old Dec 07, 2007, 01:29 PM
Joined Sep 2006
61 Posts
Bob, I wish I were 10 still, but I checked my driver's license and it says I am 4x10 yrs. and then some old - lol! I hope you get your pipeline refilled and keep on supporting GWS.

Mr. Lin, keep up the good work and keep the planes coming. And, if you can get the container with the A4's to GWSUS and Caliber sooner, I will be able to stop checking my e-mail for Caliber's shipping notice every hour - ha, ha, ha.
Kent Raden is offline Find More Posts by Kent Raden
Old Dec 07, 2007, 05:45 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
The container of GWS A4 had being shipped out from GWS China since mid. of Nov.

I believe that container was ETA USA prot to clear custom process...