HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2007, 06:29 PM
Joined Feb 2007
38 Posts
Discussion
Where have all the GWS planes gone?

It has been 4 or 5 months since I have been to any of the local hobby stores. I have been wanting to get me a new plane so this morning I set out to look for a couple different planes. I was looking for a Formosa or an E-Starter. So I go to the first hobby store who used to have the biggest selection of GWS planes. I start walking down the isles and at first did not see any. So I walked down again. They had 3 Slow Sticks, a Pico Stick (Fuse Version), a P51, and another Warbird that I did not really look at. They were all down on a bottom shelf kinda hidden away. This store used to carry every model GWS made in both Slope glider and motored versions of the planes. I asked the guy at the counter if they was getting more in and he did not think they was. They were selling other makes of planes instead. Almost all the foam planes they had were the ones that cames with the transmitter (a cheap one) and other junk all in one box. Most will know the name of the maker so I wont repeat it hear. I told them that all I was looking for was a plane and he did not seem interested in selling just the kits, unless it was a big gas plane balsa kit.

So I go to two more hobby stores after that. The second had even less of a selection. To my surprise the third had none. Not a single GWS plane. Again just the package in a box for close to $200.

So I am pretty much done suporting the LHS and will look online for a plane. Anyone else have this same problem? GWS planes a year or two ago were everywhere now all there is are the packaged planes.
Sprinkler_Dude is offline Find More Posts by Sprinkler_Dude
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2007, 06:55 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
I feel shame to hear that.

I am sad that things will be likewise!

Not many company like GWS, we keep protecting our dealers so much!

How many time that we keep teeling our flyers: Pls go to see your LHS!

The leaders of many large RC big shots always having there on-line retail sales. So, the dealers not so happy about that, but dealers were forced to keep their products, still!

Dealer knows the fact is: If they don't keep inventory of the products stock from those big guys who running on-line sells, they never have chance to get the business! Because of the flyers will trun their head away, just place order from those on-lines!

I feel sad, our support to LHS so much seems useless!

We really do not wish to take LHS' businee away!

Although, we are planning to run "Lonely Birds" to fix the gape only instead of taking away our dealers' business.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692955
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Sep 20, 2007, 07:20 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
I hope that you will tell the dealers about big differance between GWS and others?

Tell them why you like GWS?

Tell them why you want to buy GWS instead of other cheap clones!
Old Sep 20, 2007, 07:31 PM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,162 Posts
http://myrcsupply.net/index.php?cPat...ha_filter_id=0

For most part out of stock, though.
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old Sep 20, 2007, 08:03 PM
Norfolk, Va
Joined May 2006
2,288 Posts
The LHS has to support us too. Right?

I tried to get the LHS to order the NPS or slope gliders and they would'nt.
Said they don't sell. But meanwhile they've gotten more B2 and A-10s in while the original B2s and A-10 planes are still there.

They also order A LOT of Cox planes and ParkZone EVERYTHING.
If I want ParkZone I can go into any LHS and get any of the planes.
fr4nk1yn is online now Find More Posts by fr4nk1yn
Old Sep 20, 2007, 09:37 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692955
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
GWS will planning to to work on a new programe similar to Early Birds.

The "Lonely Birds" will provide GWS products to anyone GWS flyer arround the world under the following conditions:

1. There did not have an importer in your country sell GWS.

2. The importer do not carry the exactly items of GWS products you need.

3. The importer out of stock for a long time for such items, yet did not booking to GWS so far.

Wish this will make every one happy to get GWS products on time in any conners of the world!

The detail, pls contect GWS service@gws.com.tw

Will be post on GWS web soon.
You can see, no matter how we try to fix those gape of supply, GWS always try to help and protect our dealers' interest!

Auctually, to be a GWS dealers is so easy now! After so many request from dealers, we reduce the minium to nothing at all!

Just if you know about how to promote GWS products and a resell permit. Easy like a pc of cake!

We really try our best in any way that we can do the help. Pls, don't hesitated to let us know how to help the GWS supply not to have so much gape?
Old Sep 20, 2007, 09:58 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Paul Anka sing: "I don't like to sleep along!"

GWS airplanes also, don't let them keep sleeping in GWS warehouse!

They want to be your pet!
Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:49 PM
O stewardess I speak jive
Willits, CA
Joined Feb 2004
1,142 Posts
All I know is our local hobbyshop in Auburn CA (Dowtown Hobbies), has been out of GWS planes since June. Not only that they have never gotten any of the Texans in stock. They want them, but can't get them, and believe me they have tried. So something does not jive here when GWS says one thing and the hobby stores say another. One of the two parties here is full of . This issue has affected a lot of consumers throughout the U.S. This problem needs to be fixed PRONTO!
Jake Williams is offline Find More Posts by Jake Williams
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:12 AM
Tuesday child
mom and dads
Joined Jul 2006
182 Posts
I was talking to my LHS about this. Besides the reasons stated here is that people are asking for balsa 3D planes. Thats trends for you.
Surly_Schmidt is offline Find More Posts by Surly_Schmidt
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:25 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Williams
All I know is our local hobbyshop in Auburn CA (Dowtown Hobbies), has been out of GWS planes since June. Not only that they have never gotten any of the Texans in stock. They want them, but can't get them, and believe me they have tried. So something does not jive here when GWS says one thing and the hobby stores say another. One of the two parties here is full of . This issue has affected a lot of consumers throughout the U.S. This problem needs to be fixed PRONTO!
I'll pass your post over to GWS USA reminding them to take care of this problem.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:41 AM
O stewardess I speak jive
Willits, CA
Joined Feb 2004
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
I'll pass your post over to GWS USA reminding them to take care of this problem.

Chen
Thank You. Our local club has been trying to push a stock-class GWS pylon race series, and it has been hard to get new pilots when nobody can get a hold of any of the planes.
Jake Williams is offline Find More Posts by Jake Williams
Old Sep 21, 2007, 04:55 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Williams
Thank You. Our local club has been trying to push a stock-class GWS pylon race series, and it has been hard to get new pilots when nobody can get a hold of any of the planes.
What type GWS airplanes allow to be used in such race?
Old Sep 21, 2007, 06:18 AM
East Hartford, CT
Joined Sep 2006
1,304 Posts
Seriously, finding a GWS plane in a hobbyshop is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. It has become so bad around here I save the effort and time and order everything online. The supply chain to the USA dealers is broken, I suggest GWS fix it or they may end up losing almost all of their US business. The only reason I even heard about GWS is because I bought a Slow Stik in a local Hobby Shop. Too bad they no longer have any GWS planes.
wedge98 is offline Find More Posts by wedge98
Old Sep 21, 2007, 06:38 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,499 Posts
Same at my LHS - almost no GWS left - they say the distribution is a HUGE mess and they have had so much trouble they are likely DROPPING GWS!

Something is going on for sure.

Mike
pda4you is online now Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:24 PM
I think I can glue that..
Paris, Ontario, Canada EH
Joined Jul 2005
1,400 Posts
Just speaking from a LHS perspective on this: We stock some GWS kits but not all... mostly because of the space we have available for stock (we have a fairly small location at present) but also because we sell RTF planes 10 to 1 over GWS or other kits... It only stands to reason that we would stock 10:1 RTF kits over GWS based on what we are finding sells. I personally really like GWS kits especially the newer ones (hint to Mr. Lin... revamp the DHC2 PLEASE!!!! then it can be a newer kit too )

I have found that when I park my beaver or tigermoth in the store people first want to know how much for my plane... and when I say its not for sale but you can build your own with this kit... they usually show some interest.... but more often than not they say they dont have time, patience, skills, etc to build a kit.

All that being said we regularly place orders either directly to GWS or through our other distributors for GWS items as needed to meet customer requests. This means we can have most things on site in about the same time (sometimes less) than if our customer ordered from an online vendor; plus you get the added bonus of mine or my fathers dazzling smile and sparkling personality to boot . I cant speak for all the other LHS's out there but thats how we try to do it.
bob_suruncle is offline Find More Posts by bob_suruncle