HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:41 PM
Model Maniac
Chesterfield, UK
Joined Mar 2007
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Last week Ohio E-Jets and even I myself limited online.

Tim,
I flew my turbine version with full ordinance. It was draggy and require more power to push around. Landing is more easy. It so draggy you had to use power all the way to touch down.
Other than that. It fly just fine.
Tam,

What turbine was you using please??

Alan
alan_derby is offline Find More Posts by alan_derby
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:12 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_derby View Post
tam,

what turbine was you using please??

Alan
p-120....
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Oct 12, 2011, 05:08 AM
Model Maniac
Chesterfield, UK
Joined Mar 2007
57 Posts
Yellow Aircraft F16

Hi Tam,

Thanks for your response, but would you mind us going into a little bit of detail as I have just purchased what appears to be a 3rd Generation Yellow F16 which has had a turbine in it...

I do not know the full history of the model apart from that the previous owner had a Wren 54 in it but could not got it up off his rough grass strip as the wheels kept catching and tipping in ect....

At the moment the bird weighs in at around 12lb without the turbine and fuel....
It has 2 side tanks just behind the canopy opening with a UAT in the middle, not sure how big the tanks are but I was told they where 24oz each (not confirmed as yet).....UAT 4oz..Possible Total 52oz fuel...

I was thinking of putting a MK3 Wren 54 in it which is around the 14lb thrust (you had a P120 in it 28lb thrust, did the airframe take it??)
Or Wren 70 - Jetcat P80?? What's your advice taking fuel capacity into consideration??

Also do you have the CG info and control throws please...??

Another concern of mine is all the fuel being forward of the CG, how was your's configured? If it was the same, I'm guessing nose heavy on take off!!

Thanks for your time on this, any help getting the f16 back in the air would be much appreciated.

Alan
alan_derby is offline Find More Posts by alan_derby
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:43 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_derby View Post
Hi Tam,

Thanks for your response, but would you mind us going into a little bit of detail as I have just purchased what appears to be a 3rd Generation Yellow F16 which has had a turbine in it...

I do not know the full history of the model apart from that the previous owner had a Wren 54 in it but could not got it up off his rough grass strip as the wheels kept catching and tipping in ect....

At the moment the bird weighs in at around 12lb without the turbine and fuel....
It has 2 side tanks just behind the canopy opening with a UAT in the middle, not sure how big the tanks are but I was told they where 24oz each (not confirmed as yet).....UAT 4oz..Possible Total 52oz fuel...

I was thinking of putting a MK3 Wren 54 in it which is around the 14lb thrust (you had a P120 in it 28lb thrust, did the airframe take it??)
Or Wren 70 - Jetcat P80?? What's your advice taking fuel capacity into consideration??

Also do you have the CG info and control throws please...??

Another concern of mine is all the fuel being forward of the CG, how was your's configured? If it was the same, I'm guessing nose heavy on take off!!

Thanks for your time on this, any help getting the f16 back in the air would be much appreciated.

Alan
Alan,
I was refer to my 1/8 scale F-16 using P-120 flying with all the ordinance.
The Y/A F-16 I move the C.G back 1/4" from recommending. I can't remember exactly about the set up. I just set up with 25-30% expose to reduce the sensitive.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets