SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 18, 2007, 01:29 AM
Double Naught Spy
USA, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Aug 2004
379 Posts
Discussion
19th annual B-17 Gathering & Scale Big Bird Fly In - Bomber Field, Monaville Texas

Did anyone here make it to Bomber Field in Monaville TX this past week end?
It was a great event. Must have been over 2000 people on Saturday.
I finally got to see that big B-29 that drops the X-1 fly.
My camera went down early so I did not get many photos.
The downer of the day was the loss of an awesome P-38.
If you get the chance go next year.
iamplanecrazy2 is offline Find More Posts by iamplanecrazy2
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:10 PM
United States, TX, Webster
Joined Nov 2003
35 Posts
Yeah.....even with all the crashes it was great. The full scale Neiuport 17 flybys were really cool....
slapstix is offline Find More Posts by slapstix
Old Sep 19, 2007, 05:59 AM
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Mar 2005
3 Posts
Guys, I have a picture thread on RCU here

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6383195

It was a good time. Enjoy the photos! ~ Wade
Skyflying1 is offline Find More Posts by Skyflying1
Old Sep 19, 2007, 06:24 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,668 Posts
Thanks!
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Sep 22, 2007, 02:21 AM
Double Naught Spy
USA, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Aug 2004
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapstix
Yeah.....even with all the crashes it was great. The full scale Neiuport 17 flybys were really cool....
Yes indeed! Did you see the pair of full scale planes with the Russian markings? I have been wondering what they were. I liked the main gear on them. They retracted forward and not fully into the wing.

skyflying1 thanks for the pics! I have been looking for more! I have been having trouble with page 2 of the thread. The pics keep showing up full size instead of thumbnails, making opening the page very slow. Worth the wait though. I was at the flight line fence when the first P-38 went down. I left before the the second one was lost. It is a blessing that no one was hurt on that one!
iamplanecrazy2 is offline Find More Posts by iamplanecrazy2
Old Sep 22, 2007, 09:08 AM
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Mar 2005
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamplanecrazy2
Yes indeed! Did you see the pair of full scale planes with the Russian markings? I have been wondering what they were. I liked the main gear on them. They retracted forward and not fully into the wing.

skyflying1 thanks for the pics! I have been looking for more! I have been having trouble with page 2 of the thread. The pics keep showing up full size instead of thumbnails, making opening the page very slow. Worth the wait though. I was at the flight line fence when the first P-38 went down. I left before the the second one was lost. It is a blessing that no one was hurt on that one!
Your welcome guys! The second page at RCU to me seems as though my uploads went to a second server that is configured differently from the first.
It does take time to load however I like the clarity you get from the expansion
of the pictures. As I understand, the last P-38 that crashed in to the tent had no one under it. luckily.
Skyflying1 is offline Find More Posts by Skyflying1
Old Sep 22, 2007, 01:45 PM
FICKLE FLYER
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Joined Dec 2002
1,229 Posts
[QUOTE=iamplanecrazy2]Yes indeed! Did you see the pair of full scale planes with the Russian markings? I have been wondering what they were. I liked the main gear on them. They retracted forward and not fully into the wing.

QUOTE]

Those were Yak 52Ms or Yak 152s.
tlh101 is offline Find More Posts by tlh101
Old Sep 25, 2007, 06:51 PM
FICKLE FLYER
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Joined Dec 2002
1,229 Posts
Dick Lee's 2007 Bomber Field pics can be seen here: http://www.pbase.com/dlee/monaville2007&page=all
tlh101 is offline Find More Posts by tlh101