HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2007, 05:20 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Sep 2007
3 Posts
Discussion
Pro Boat Shockwave 55 - cooling leak

Hi,

I am new to this site & I posted this question in Region X but I think this may be the best area. I just purchased a new boat and I can't get the water to stop leaking out of the pipe. This boat has the stock tuned exhaust & it looks like a slip fit with an o-ring to make a seal. The water is leaking past the o-ring. I tried to order one but they are on back order (I must not be the only one with this problem...

I need to know if there is a better aftermarket pipe for this boat or a "quick fix". I tried to caulk the area but it still leaked. I use the boat in salt & I do not want the water leaking inside.

Thanks in advance for any help / ideas,

Shawn
smw41off is offline Find More Posts by smw41off
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:30 PM
Central Missouri,USA Along the banks of the Missouri River
Joined Jun 2005
1,734 Posts
Im no expert, but try a plumbing supply store.They should have a large selection of O rings. I dont know it you have Ace Hardwares there,but try them also. Did you try calling the Proboat tech support for help?
tim slocum is offline Find More Posts by tim slocum
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:30 AM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
replace the 0-ring and get a small hose clip and clamp it to the cooling tube over the joint
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Sep 20, 2007, 04:12 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Sep 2007
3 Posts
It is fixed & thanks for the help. When I took the pipe apart, I noticed that the o-ring was twisted. I installed it correctly & the leak is gone.

I really like this boat & gas brings things to a whole new level! I have had a few nitro trucks but nothing beats gas (IMO). I had elec. boats as a kid but they would run out of juice really quick.

Thanks again.
smw41off is offline Find More Posts by smw41off