SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 14, 2007, 06:10 AM
College Station, TX USA
Joined Dec 2003
1,811 Posts
Discussion
F3p/FreeStyle Competition at I-Hobby 2007 in Chicago, IL

Hi Everyone,
I would like to let everyone in on this competition. It is open for the public to sign up.
If you are interested, please contact me at jnperformance@aol.com or PM here on RCG, with a "bio" and if possible, a video. If it comes down to it, we will have to choose from all the pilots to fit the time slots, so the sooner you get it in, the better. You will also need to fill out a small form, you can see it at http://www.rcuniverse.com/heli/wmhc-rules.pdf
Those are the helicopter rules, etc, but it is the same for the airplane,except the 3 known set manuevers will be different. Those have not yet been decided on. I'll post the maneuvers once they are set up.

This competition is intended for pilots to go out, compete and have a lot of fun!!!!!! F3P/Freestyle events are hard to come by, so this is a great chance for people to get out there and compete.

The dates are October 20st and the 21nd. In Chicago, IL. It is held at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. It is a great place, and at the same time, while the flying is not going on you can walk around and see the I-Hobby Show.

The 3 set manuevers:
Manuever #1 -XFC manuever

-Strait and level, either direction complete 3 of a 4 point roll, stop at knife edge, without hesitation complete 4 of a 8 point roll in the opposite direction, stop opposite knife edge, without hesitation, complete 1 and 1/4 outside snaps to inverted.

Manuever #2 -F3P schedule- Top Hat

- Strait and level, climb 90 degrees and do 1/4 roll to the left, climb to ceiling, pull 90 degrees up elevator, fly strait and level inverted for 15M, pull 90 degrees with elevator, on downline complete a 1/4 roll to the right, and then pull 90 degrees back to strait and level and starting altitude.

Manuever #3 -F3P schedule- Cuban 8 with 1/2 rolls

-Strait and level, pull 45 degrees upline, do 1/2 roll, climb to ceiling, complete 3/4 loop into another 45 degree upline, do 1/2 roll, pull 1/2 loop to exit in the same direction in which the manuevers was started.

Ok, Now this is how the flights will work. Each Pilot has 3:30 mins to fly their routine. You have those 3:30 mins to complete the set manuevers. Before each set manuever you will need to annouce it to the judges. After, inbetween, whatever time is left over, just do freestyle routine. (In my eyes, those manuevers should 45 secs max, so basically you have 2:45 to do your freestyle.) The flight is to music, and of course the more you coregraph the better!

I hope to see a lot of RCG people out there!!!!!

Thanks,
Nick
Nick Maxwell is offline Find More Posts by Nick Maxwell
Last edited by Nick Maxwell; Sep 18, 2007 at 05:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2007, 03:03 PM
Joined Aug 2004
192 Posts
hey nick im in on this one

a.c.
aglenn is offline Find More Posts by aglenn
Old Sep 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
College Station, TX USA
Joined Dec 2003
1,811 Posts
Very cool! If you havn't already, please fax that last page of the rules into that number and just someway show on there that you are flying in the airplane portion of the event. If you don't have access to a Fax, let me know and we'll work something out.

Thanks,
Nick
Last edited by Nick Maxwell; Sep 15, 2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 09:16 PM
Oly crap.. Deese ease not gud!
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
I'm HOPING the make it to fly in this, but I can't say for sure yet...

RJ
hpapilot is offline Find More Posts by hpapilot
Old Sep 17, 2007, 06:28 AM
Joined Jan 2005
289 Posts
where is the event at?
jhicks is offline Find More Posts by jhicks
Old Sep 17, 2007, 07:59 AM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhicks
where is the event at?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Maxwell
The dates are October 21st and the 22nd. In Chicago, IL. It is held at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. It is a great place, and at the same time, while the flying is not going on you can walk around and see the I-Hobby Show.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:16 AM
College Station, TX USA
Joined Dec 2003
1,811 Posts
Great!!!

Dates have been fixed-The event is 20th and 21st. So its a Saturday and Sunday. Its in the I-Hobby Convention Center. Nice place, but lower ceilings. Still will be a lot of fun!

Thanks,
Nick
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:13 AM
F3P, Slap, IMAC, Helis
Joined Jun 2007
286 Posts
I will be there flying an Index modifyed. Nick I gave you the wrong email this is it.forrest.pilkenton@my.sinclair.edu
Bubba Gump is online now Find More Posts by Bubba Gump
Old Sep 17, 2007, 02:31 PM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Maxwell
Great!!!

Nice place, but lower ceilings. Still will be a lot of fun!

Thanks,
Nick
How low is low?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 02:40 PM
F3P, Slap, IMAC, Helis
Joined Jun 2007
286 Posts
From what Nick told me last night was that it is 18 ft., but it is very deep and long, but there is pillers in the middle
Old Sep 17, 2007, 02:55 PM
F3P, Slap, IMAC, Helis
Joined Jun 2007
286 Posts
Hey nick can send you me the XFC known maneuvers or can some one post them for me.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 03:28 PM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Gump
From what Nick told me last night was that it is 18 ft., but it is very deep and long, but there is pillers in the middle
Hmm how are we going to fly airplane freestyle and pattern then?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 03:48 PM
F3P, Slap, IMAC, Helis
Joined Jun 2007
286 Posts
Nick told me last night that we are doing a 3 1/2 minute freestyle with 3 Known maneuvers, and he said we our going to use the XFC Known maneuvers. so it sounds like a Indoor XFC.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 04:04 PM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
It's awfully hard to do pattern maneuvers and any real decent freestyle with an 18 foot ceiling and pillars to avoid. I havent seen pictures so I dont know for sure...
Old Sep 17, 2007, 04:09 PM
F3P, Slap, IMAC, Helis
Joined Jun 2007
286 Posts
it is all for the crowd. there helis too.