SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:01 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,854 Posts
RCYogi,

Wow, you're seriously taking that bird down to the bare bones aren't you? I can't wait to see what you do with it! Any particular color scheme you're aiming for?

And by the way - WELCOME TO RC Groups!
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:28 AM
Joined Dec 2010
6 Posts
I will be doing the Domincan version of the tucano. Ha ha ha...did not take much to get to the bone on this one.....The paint remover said to leave for 30 minutes to 12 hours, the paint was coming off in 40 secons...lol
rcyogi is offline Find More Posts by rcyogi
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:37 AM
Joined Dec 2010
6 Posts
Thanks glad I joing in!!!
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:11 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,854 Posts
Oooooooo! That'll be an awesome color scheme!

Now I really can't wait!

Too bad it didn't come with those cool missile launchers.

Yeah, the paint on here may actually be gray primer. It comes off way easier than paint would. It wipes off quite a bit with just a wet cloth.

I bought myself an airbrush and air compressor to start painting some of my planes, but I honestly have no idea how to use it. The thing is a great mystery. I think I need to find somebody that knows what they're doing and have them show me the ropes.

So for now it's automotive spray paint, which has actually been working out pretty well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2010, 01:07 PM
Joined Dec 2010
6 Posts
Well, Im working on gears doors now. Im with you there, that is how I paint my planes.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 01:27 AM
Big P
Arizona
Joined Jan 2006
135 Posts
anyone still flying this brid and how does it fly. I have mine setup with the Turnigy 50-65 motor and plan to run 8s. The only thing waiting for is my retracts from Sring Air and I am hope to get this soon.
patzane is offline Find More Posts by patzane
Old Apr 10, 2011, 04:18 PM
Situationally Unaware
Rhode Island, USA
Joined Dec 2007
130 Posts
Wow!
There IS someone else out there with this bird
I picked up a barely started kit at an auction and I'm just about to start collecting goodies for it.
Was thinking of going Monster Power 110 on 8/9S, Eflite etracts.

Check the glue on your bulkheads. A couple of mine are pretty loose.

Cheers!
muckie is offline Find More Posts by muckie
Old Apr 10, 2011, 05:57 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckie View Post
Wow!
There IS someone else out there with this bird

Was thinking of going Monster Power 110 on 8/9S, Eflite retracts.

Check the glue on your bulkheads. A couple of mine are pretty loose.
Mine is about 80% completed...It was put on hold as I had to wait until the Eflite 105 degree nose gear was available..I'd already purchased the 85 degree main gears. It is powered by the Eflite 110 on 8S, which currently powers my Epic 120 (by NitroPlanes). It has PLENTY of power on 8S and moves the EPIC with authority (which weighs more than the Tucano.)

You're right on with checking the bulkheads! Many of mine were loose. I don't like that kind of hot melt glue they use. I reheated and removed quite a bit of it, cleaned the fiberglass with a little acetone. I then used medium CA in a few key spots to hold them in place and applied the "new" white type of Gorilla Glue that does not expand as much as the "original" G/Glue. I was able to clamp some of them for the short time needed for the glue to set up.
Don't forget to double check the landing gear mounts too.

Going to mount the nose gear on the front side of the firewall as it is darn near impossible to mount the Eflite on the beam locations provided. Besides, it is closer to the "scale" location. Photos will be posted by the end of this week.
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Apr 10, 2011, 07:05 PM
Situationally Unaware
Rhode Island, USA
Joined Dec 2007
130 Posts
Nice stuff, bamaguy.
What prop are you gonna spin? How's ground clearance?
I'm pleased the 110 pulls well on 8s. I'll run mine that way and save some $ on the esc.

I'm going to steal this guy's idea from the ESM PC-12 thread for a battery hatch / cockpit:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post11536956

Looking forward to some photos.

Cheers!
muckie is offline Find More Posts by muckie
Old Apr 10, 2011, 08:13 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,727 Posts
I recently put a Turnigy 3 blade on the EPIC LT. It seemed to work very well. It's 15/8 E-Prop, here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=9019

I get my 3 blade aluminum spinners from HobbyKing, also. Not as good as TruTurn, but decent enough.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14759

I was using an APC E-Prop...16/10

BTW, ESC is a CC 80amp HV, REC AND SERVOS powered by 1800mAh LiFe and a 5amp regulator.

I modified the Epic canopy in a similar way...here's a link to my photos of it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=19
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Last edited by bamaguy; Apr 10, 2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: added data
Old May 15, 2011, 12:04 AM
Big P
Arizona
Joined Jan 2006
135 Posts
I had this plane for about a year sitting in the box and about 4 months ago I started putting this baby together. Here is my setup: TGY AerodriveXp 90 SK Series 50-65 380Kv, MS 15x7 3 blade prop, CC 100 Ice ESC, and 8s. My total weight is 10lbs 2oz without battery pack (but I do have a big heavy 3500 receiver pack) and 12 lbs 6oz with 8s pack. Today was able to make the long awaiting maiden flight. I got 3 solid 8 mins fights. I was concern a little about the weight and wing load, but this baby flew like in was on rails. I took this baby up high to find the stall speed, and this baby can be slowed down to almost a baby crawl. I did not find any bad tendency and she flew well. I can’t wait to get more fights on this baby.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:19 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,854 Posts
Oh BABY!

Congrats on the maiden. Sounds awesome. Any pics or video?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 15, 2011, 01:43 AM
Chandler, AZ
Joined Nov 2008
544 Posts
Very nice Pat, congrats! I need to put mine together. By the way where do you fly?
balistc1000 is offline Find More Posts by balistc1000
Old May 15, 2011, 10:18 AM
Big P
Arizona
Joined Jan 2006
135 Posts
I fly at AMPS in Glendale. As for Pic I have some with my plane on the ground but nonw in the air. As for a video I need to find a camera person
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:41 PM
Canada, ON, Wainfleet
Joined Oct 2011
3 Posts
hi ,what thrust angle did you use and how did you determine location on the fire wall i have the power 90 ,regards bill in ontario canada
bill henderson is offline Find More Posts by bill henderson