HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2007, 01:04 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,249 Posts
Good engineering work brad. Looks like you will end up making a diamond out of a piece of coal.

Al
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2008, 10:14 AM
Joined Dec 2006
77 Posts
Hi Brad,

How is going the build ?

What do you think about putting a Hyperion 4025-10 with 6S in this plane ? It will give a peak about 1400W and will turn a 15X8.

Regards
sulu is offline Find More Posts by sulu
Old Jan 23, 2008, 02:19 PM
115 inches of 'hog
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2004
2,699 Posts
Unfortunately the build got pushed aside for a couple other projects...those projects are just about finished so hope to get back on this one in the next month or so.

6S will fly it fine I think. I decided on my power system based on what I already had in my inventory, to keep costs down.

Look here, this may help !! and a video too

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6875142/tm.htm
ScaleBrad is offline Find More Posts by ScaleBrad
Old Apr 29, 2008, 01:16 PM
Joined Jul 2006
26 Posts
hello do you think that is possible to install an 26cc SPE in?

thank's
X@v13 is offline Find More Posts by X@v13
Old Apr 30, 2008, 10:34 AM
Jeff M.
Joined Feb 2008
93 Posts
Photos

Here mine that I finished over the Christmas break. It had an Eflite Power 60 in it originaly, but I just changed it to a Power 90 as it didn't have enough speed for me. Flys great and lands like a jet.

Jeff

jmohn is offline Find More Posts by jmohn
Old May 14, 2008, 12:56 AM
SDF
Joined Sep 2002
272 Posts
ScaleBrad,

What brand and color of paint did you find to match the underside of your wing? I did the same mod to mine.

What Chinese motor do you guys think will go well with 6S or 8S for this plane? I want to use an outrunner and a three blade prop...Thanks!

Will
FOShowNoClass is offline Find More Posts by FOShowNoClass
Old May 14, 2008, 12:08 PM
Jeff M.
Joined Feb 2008
93 Posts
I used the Model Masters IPN grey to match the underside. It's almost the same color. The only bad thing about the plane is getting the wings on/off. There isn't much room in the fuze to get the bolts in. Once they are installed it's no problem changing batteries through the canopy. Does anyone make a good cockpit kit for this plane?

Jeff
jmohn is offline Find More Posts by jmohn
Old Oct 30, 2008, 03:19 PM
SDF
Joined Sep 2002
272 Posts
Do you have a link for the Model Masters IPN Gray? I was on Testors' site and they don't have that color.

Will
FOShowNoClass is offline Find More Posts by FOShowNoClass
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:55 PM
North Royalton, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
397 Posts
I know this an old thread, but I just found this plane. Have they changed this kit over the years? Look at this pic... they include wheel wells and you can see the cutout in the wood under the covering. Wouldn't this be retract ready?

http://site.nitroplanes.com/image/emb/emb6.jpg
jonnyspeed is offline Find More Posts by jonnyspeed
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:34 PM
Never too much detail
Australia, VIC, Hampton
Joined Jan 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyspeed View Post
I know this an old thread, but I just found this plane. Have they changed this kit over the years? Look at this pic... they include wheel wells and you can see the cutout in the wood under the covering. Wouldn't this be retract ready?
I have that model(Still in a box). My one is retract ready. There always seems to have existed a number of versions. Some are retract ready, some not. Some have clear canopies, some tinted. And of course the different colors. I'm looking at making mine either a shorts Tucano or a super Tucano.

Stuart
fredo21 is offline Find More Posts by fredo21
Old Apr 28, 2010, 06:18 AM
Norway
Joined Jan 2007
40 Posts
Hi all!
Old posting here, but I'll give it a try.

I have also almost finished my Tucano, but it comes out way heavier than the manual says. the manual says 4200 kilogram, but my is 6000kilogran (ready to take off)
I have a OS 108 two stroke engine behotec retracts and glassed wings(light).
the wing loading should be 97grams/dm2 but mine is 139 grams/dm2(46,33 oz/in)
I have calculated the stall speed to be 25 MPH, but this is pretty rough measured.
Any thoughts?
baldwind is offline Find More Posts by baldwind
Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:41 AM
Big P
Arizona
Joined Jan 2006
135 Posts
Just purchase the Gray ver. mine is retract ready. Well be electric running on 8s
patzane is offline Find More Posts by patzane
Old Sep 12, 2010, 11:42 AM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Nov 2009
5 Posts
I just got one in Black color and really want to have it fly with a super motor !!
any advise?
Decha is offline Find More Posts by Decha
Old Sep 12, 2010, 06:40 PM
Never too much detail
Australia, VIC, Hampton
Joined Jan 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldwind View Post
Hi all!
Old posting here, but I'll give it a try.

I have also almost finished my Tucano, but it comes out way heavier than the manual says. the manual says 4200 kilogram, but my is 6000kilogran (ready to take off)
I have a OS 108 two stroke engine behotec retracts and glassed wings(light).
the wing loading should be 97grams/dm2 but mine is 139 grams/dm2(46,33 oz/in)
I have calculated the stall speed to be 25 MPH, but this is pretty rough measured.
Any thoughts?
I am considering glassing my wings with 25gm cloth also in addition to adding retracts and making it electric. How did yours fly with the higher wing loading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decha View Post
I just got one in Black color and really want to have it fly with a super motor !!
any advise?
Interesting electric conversion:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0fb52d38a661d5

Stuart
fredo21 is offline Find More Posts by fredo21
Old Nov 07, 2010, 09:09 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,858 Posts
Did, or are you going electric, Stuart? I have a 120 size Epic LT from NitroPlanes...powered by an E-Flight 110 on 8 Cells, 4800mAh, 30C. Similar shape and weight to the Tucano, and it goes quite fast!

I just ordered NP's $130 Tucano and will use the same set-up in that one as the Epic.
Going to use Horizon Hobby's 120 size electric retracts instead of the air powered ones that I have in the EPIC. I know that the "economy" version of the Tucano IS NOT retract ready, thanks to ScaleBrad for doing the "Retract Retrofit" earlier in this thread!!

Let us know how yours is doing, Stuart.

Gary
bamaguy is online now Find More Posts by bamaguy
Last edited by bamaguy; Nov 07, 2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Referenced wrong builder