SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 21, 2007, 07:22 PM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,656 Posts
bob...you did get the purple version, right? I cant stand the thought of you having another red POS.
kevin is offline Find More Posts by kevin
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video of my HK Cobra
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2007, 07:47 PM
Van Nuys
Joined Mar 2004
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkamarm2000
hey demetrius i tried to replay to your pm but says your box is full! lol
Sorry it's been fixed!

I am wondering if anyone has tested the HW-730 fan with neu 1527 1.5y?
So far i have this combo and i was thinking of purchasing the heatsync from tam to top off this setup!
demetrius is online now Find More Posts by demetrius
Old Sep 22, 2007, 01:41 PM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,779 Posts
Well I spin a few of mine with a Kontronik Tango 45-07, so I'm sure the 27 would spin it no prob. Its a lot of motor for the 730 though in the sense that its gonna put out more than the 730 can. The thrust is ok on 730 but velocity is really slow so lighter usually works better on them. But then again I havn't spun the heck out of one with todays setups, and you have to balance the heck out of them too cause there not good out of the box. There kinda pitchy too so I would think 10s would be a best bet with that motor in a 730. My guess would be just over 3kw on maybe 80 something amp range? so more than low enough you wouldnt need the sink for a 27 in that low a range, but it never hurts long as it fits in the 730 motor tube.

Barry
monkamarm2000 is offline Find More Posts by monkamarm2000
Old Sep 22, 2007, 01:44 PM
Suspended Account
Braintree, Essex
Joined Mar 2006
3,174 Posts
Spark Synchro pass

The doppler camera was about 10 feet further back, the Sparks just happened to pass by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dO2Pl8aoXg
Whistling Watts is offline Find More Posts by Whistling Watts
Old Sep 27, 2007, 08:16 PM
EDF Jet Jam 2015, May 28-31st
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,733 Posts
Spark Instruction Manual

Jim Phelps informed that the manual is now posted on the web site.
It is 35 pages in length and very well written.
So if you have been considering this jet it would be worth looking at.

http://www.composite-arf.com.hk/ar/Product?742000

Of particular interest is that the wing was designed by Robert Vess of
Vess propeller fame and also the designer of most if not all wings in the BVM product line.

The Spark is highly prefabricated and should go together quite easily.
There will also be a turbine version in the near future using the Wren 44 Gold.
Robert Belluomini is online now Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:18 PM
Suspended Account
Braintree, Essex
Joined Mar 2006
3,174 Posts
Dave Wilshere has been flying his Spark with the spin controller. Bit of advice is fit a baffel on the ESC to improve the cooling.

On my rig the DS75 was pulling about 84amps top wack, static in the model it was up to 96amps, measured in flight at full throttle it was down to 82amps.

So the internal ducting seems to be doing a pretty good job.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:32 PM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,779 Posts
something is wrong then cause no reason for amps to go down in flight, no reason at all. Fans dont unload, ram effect in proper size inlet and duct doesn't happen. doppler for rpm on a fan thats working properly, you will be amazed to find full throttle rpm on ground almost the same as full throttle in air, even in a shallow dive! maybe ducting is starved on ground and then over sized inlets allow more draw in flight or visa versa

Barry
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:56 PM
Suspended Account
Braintree, Essex
Joined Mar 2006
3,174 Posts
Well, if I recall its only about two amps different and I can be exactly certain if the two devices (Eagle Tree/Spin) would be calibrated in exactly the same way, mine may have been reading a little high. But then again, if the inlet area is slightly too small for the outlet (did someone say they heard a "Sucking" sound at Jetpower (Erik), that will drop the load, perhaps they are 90mm inlets LOL. If it flys well and reduces the load, perhaps thats a good thing?
Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:14 AM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,779 Posts
that must be it, specially if some seperation is being heard. what might be happening is the fan is cavitating(slipping) a bit and losing load. Can always drop power to bring it back in line or run slower pitchier fan. And if its as they say going to be a next step Mw44 then yeah, its leaning even more to being 90mm.

Barry
Old Nov 02, 2007, 12:24 PM
Van Nuys
Joined Mar 2004
1,111 Posts
Well i just recieved the word that they are in stock here in the u.s.! I am wondering if anyone here has built and flown one and what's the word?
demetrius is online now Find More Posts by demetrius
Old Nov 02, 2007, 12:51 PM
EDF Jet Jam 2015, May 28-31st
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,733 Posts
Stumax 110-52 fan unit for the Spark

I have one and it is a very nice model.
The glass work is extremely light yet very stiff.
Paint work is top notch. Instructions are very thorough with plenty of photos. A very easy model to put together!

I am installing a Stumax 110-52 with a 9S setup.

I had to slightly modify the the inlet coupling as the flange would not fit around the slightly larger OD (116.5 mm) of 110-52.

Both fans the Stumax 110-52 and the DS-75 have the same ID so I made a new lip.

I believe in the future, Stu is going to reduce the OD on his fan to 115 mm so it will be and exact fit.

I will do a build thread very soon including the installation of Stu's work of art fan.

I also want the wires going to the top of model for easy connection to the ESC. Since the fan mounts through the wing saddle, and the bottom of mounts are on the centerline of the shroud opposite of where the wires exit, I will re-orient the mounting flanges. If you plan on ordering this model and powering it with the 100-52 just let Stu know and he will mount the flanges as needed.
Robert Belluomini is online now Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Last edited by Robert Belluomini; Nov 02, 2007 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added a photo and text and a clarification
Old Nov 02, 2007, 02:21 PM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,779 Posts
cool stuff robert, cant wait to see the build thread and stu's fan rocking that thing.

Barry
Old Nov 02, 2007, 03:21 PM
Elizabethtown/Ft. Knox, Kentucky, United States
Joined Jan 2001
1,125 Posts
I got one the same day Bob did. I've just started to work on it. Like Bob said, it's very nice. I'm going to use the DS-75 as soon as I can get one.

Jim
Jim Phelps is offline Find More Posts by Jim Phelps
Old Nov 02, 2007, 04:06 PM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,779 Posts
yeah no doubt, comp knows there glass work! and there wings and hidden hinges and stuff are incredible.

Barry
Old Nov 04, 2007, 06:06 PM
Sourthern Maryland
Joined Dec 2002
84 Posts
Thanks for the build

Thanks for the "Spark" build thread, I'll be watching closely. I will be in the market for a big EDF next spring and have narrowed it down between the Spark and the BVM "Electra".

The Spark manual is excellent. Just because we are buying a high end product does not mean that the plane does not need a well put together manual. Each customer should not have to reinvent the wheel when building the plane.

Raymond
n1lul is offline Find More Posts by n1lul